Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I fail to see this as a racial issue. It's pretty much a business/financial issue. I suppose there could be instances of racism as I don't know the delinquent accounts personally, but I'd bet that you would find all races of people who are having their water turned off if they aren't paying their water bill.

Exactly - Don't pay your bill, guess what? They don't know who is black or white...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

considering 83% of Detroit is black, I would guess more blacks are getting their water turned off

According to the 2010 Census, the racial composition of Detroit was:
    Black or African American: 82.7%
    White: 10.6% (7.8% non-Hispanic)
    Other races: 3%
    Asian: 1.1%
    Two or more races: 2.2%
    American Indian: 0.4%
    Pacific Islander: 0.02%
    Hispanic or Latino of any race: 6.8%

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-...it-population/

if we round it to 700,000, that is about 580,000 blacks, meaning even if all the 100,000 were black, that is less than 17% of blacks that got their water turned off.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

considering 83% of Detroit is black, I would guess more blacks are getting their water turned off

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-...it-population/

if we round it to 700,000, that is about 580,000 blacks, meaning even if all the 100,000 were black, that is less than 17% of blacks that got their water turned off.

I guess that makes these companies racist.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Exactly - Don't pay your bill, guess what? They don't know who is black or white...

I suppose that one could argue that the water company could be shutting off water to people who aren't paying in known neighborhoods that have higher black populations, but surely a company in the business of selling water and making money isn't going to cancel service to people that are paying their bills.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Yes water and access to clean water is a basic human right. Water being delivered to the taps in your home is not a human right but a service that needs to by paid for.

Go fill up your water jugs at the nearest water fountain or public washroom if you can't pay your bills.

I would never have turned their water back on before the bills were paid.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

I just read somewhere that people from a place called Windsor in Canada are bringing 250 gallons of water to the people of Detroit. I can't post links of the article on here through my cell, but it's on drudgereport.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just read somewhere that people from a place called Windsor in Canada are bringing 250 gallons of water to the people of Detroit. I can't post links of the article on here through my cell, but it's on drudgereport.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/07/...ater-shutoffs/

To protest thousands of residential service shutoffs by Detroit’s water department, a group from Windsor is planning to bring about 250 gallons of water across the border.

The Windsor chapter of the Council of Canadians says the water will be carried in a convoy Thursday through the Detroit-Windsor tunnel to a rally outside Detroit City Hall around 4 p.m.

Organizer Randy Emerson says it’s a symbolic move, but one he hopes can pay dividends.

“We decided that we should bring water over to them and that way kind of embarrass the city and the state,” he said, “so that maybe they would stop shutting off the water for these people because water is a right.”

Emerson says at least a dozen vehicles will bring fifty, five- gallon jugs of water.

“The fact that the Canadians have to come over to help out Americans,” he noted, “that should embarrass the federal government, or the state government or the city of Detroit to either help out or stop these water shutoffs.”

You need at least 12 vehicles to bring 50 five gallon jugs of water?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/07/...ater-shutoffs/

You need at least 12 vehicles to bring 50 five gallon jugs of water?

50 in Canadian is 400 in American.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's just the city connected to Detroit by a bridge. You don't actually get to Toronto for a while.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

we should send all of these illegals to detroit and let them rebuild it. los detroito

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast