Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Authenticity and large items questions

Hello. Just a few short questions I have on some sending out.

#1 Are Clayton Kershaw's TTM successes authentic? I've been hesitant to send something to him, as I'm not used to someone of his caliber signing as much fan mail as he does. Similarly, I'd like to send a 2014 Who's Who in Baseball that I have to him. I'm not sure if he'd sign and return it? I saw someone got him on a ROMLB, but someone also sent a ROMLB and another a McFarlane Base and still haven't heard back. So be it if I have to wait, I got a return from Dave Cowens like last October/November and I sent that out in 2007 I believe. I just hope he doesn't employ a ghost signer.

#2 Adam Kennedy, doesn't sign large items? I'd like to send a ROMLB, but I saw someone sent a ball to him and got an RTS. People before and after he sent it got successes from him at that address.

#3 Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd - are they authentic? I know they're both legends and seem to sign a lot, but are the signatures legitimate?

Thank You.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far as Kershaw, I believe that his returns are authentic. He is not a sure thing however, as out of 4 requests I have sent, I have only ever gotten 1 reply. His signing patterns remain constant the past few seasons, much like Josh Hamilton. If any of those caliber players employed a ghost signer, I think it would be more likely that you would see faster returns. That is not always true, as whoever signs Drew Stubbs' mail (looks like a 12 year old) does not do it til the offseason. Still amazes me the number of collectors think that just because they get a return, it is authentic (Mike Schmidt, Adam Dunn, Paul Konerko) A collector not too long ago marveled at the return he got from Schmidt, "can't believe he signed all 3!!!" He didn't. He gives nothing away for free.

So before I get more off topic, yes, I believe you are safe with Kershaw and Nowitzki. I have never tried for Kidd, and can't answer your question about large Kennedy items either, as I generally only send out cards.

Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank You. I might as well go for it then. I feel like I have nothing to lose.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I got Kershaw ttm this spring training on ROMLB, then sent to PSA. It came back authenticated, so yes he signs. He is a collector himself, Johnny Bench has confirmed Kershaw really does sign his fan mail.
    I was the one rejected by Adam Kennedy for the ball. Idk the reason, but have never tried again.
    I also got Dirk on a card ttm. I then posted a pic of it on twitter w/ a message to Dirk thanking him and he replied "You're Welcome Brian. Thanks for the support", so I believe his to be authentic as well.

MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

SCF Rewards
    Country

Meh, I'm 1/4 with Kershaw so he's not a sure thing. Just send it as long its something you can live without!

I got Kershaw ttm this spring training on ROMLB, then sent to PSA. It came back authenticated, so yes he signs. He is a collector himself, Johnny Bench has confirmed Kershaw really does sign his fan mail.
    I was the one rejected by Adam Kennedy for the ball. Idk the reason, but have never tried again.
    I also got Dirk on a card ttm. I then posted a pic of it on twitter w/ a message to Dirk thanking him and he replied "You're Welcome Brian. Thanks for the support", so I believe his to be authentic as well.

Interesting. Have a link/source for that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far as i'm concerned, I can live without it because I can always get a new one. I honestly think having a ghost signer is the biggest slap in the face to fans. Sign, don't sign, don't respond, it happens, but I cannot think of a bigger betrayal than to employ a ghost signer. So if Kershaw really does sign, then I'm thankful for that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Meh, I'm 1/4 with Kershaw so he's not a sure thing. Just send it as long its something you can live without!

Interesting. Have a link/source for that?

im sure there's a YouTube video of the Bench comments. It was on ESPN and they were asking Bench why older players sigs look good compared to stars of today, and that's when he brought up Kershaw. He said that he is a Kershaw fan and they had swapped autographed balls one day in Spring Training, and he made fun of Kershaw for having an "unreadable" autograph then said Kershaw is one of the most approachable stars in the game and that he always signs for fans, either in person at games or through the mail. That's why I think Kershaw is legit. Could it be a ghost signer, sure it could. But I doubt it. Ask anyone and they'll tell you this about Kershaw. 1) Hardcore Christian 2) Very family/friends oriented 3) Most humble star in the bigs 4) signs a ton of autographs...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As far as i'm concerned, I can live without it because I can always get a new one. I honestly think having a ghost signer is the biggest slap in the face to fans. Sign, don't sign, don't respond, it happens, but I cannot think of a bigger betrayal than to employ a ghost signer. So if Kershaw really does sign, then I'm thankful for that.

Couldnt agree more on the ghost signer. Sign or not, return or not, I can live with that. But don't give me false hope it's legit when it's really a secretary etc. that's just lousy lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I got Schmidt TTM back in 2003--before the ghost signer. I posted my HOF PC on SCN and it was confirmed as the real thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When did he start the ghost signer? I got something from him back in 2006.