Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Quack. Quack times 723. Plus a box of Contenders.

So? How're things? Good week? Gettin ready for Canada Day or the 4th of July? Gooooood.

I haven't bought much lately, three things for all of June, not counting the momentary lapse in judgement a couple days ago but whatever....... so I was driving by OT Sports Cards on the way to a pick-up at the airport earlier today and figured "it's payday, why not eh?" and got a box of Contenders.......

Das Hitz............

BLORP! Not one single PC card in the whole box. Oh well, they'll all be up on the eBay tomorrow, that's the way it goes.

On to the worse thing.........my PC player is a Duck now. A mighty, mighty Duck. Sonofa...................... thirteen months ago I had 68 Ryan Kesler cards. As I made my way around SCF and eventually the SuperCollector threads, it became apparent to me that I could be a part of that whole thing. But who???
    There are guys who collect the heck out of Trevor Linden and Roberto Luongo and Alex Burrows and even Kevin Bieksa. And then there's Dave Sedin with his insane collection. So that left....... Ryan Kesler. Lucky for me, just as I was getting into collecting him some dude in the USA was getting out of collecting him and eBaying everything off. 68 cards became 250+, which became 350+, which hit 500 about 5 months ago. And then there was COMC. And the odd show pick-up. And now here we are, 723 cards in.

Like I said, I've slowed down the buying, so maybe this is a good thing. There are SCF members who collect Marian Hossa & Jaromir Jagr & Roberto Luongo, it's not shocking that players move around in the modern age. So I guess I'll soldier on, slowly but surely. Because really, who the heck is gonna pay me even close to what I shelled out for some of this stuff now that he's a.......... Duck????

Which brings us to the rest of the show. I had gone and seen Derek at OT earlier in the week because I knew he'd have saved me a Kesler SPA base card, and he did, he gave me FOUR THINGS, thanks eh!

Three cards and this little novelty item from 2006/07

And then the three purchases..............

The SPX RC jersey is part of a stupid little rainbow project:

.......and the Select Gold /10.........oh man.........not a lot of Select got busted, it came out right after Prizm and was basically the same product, right? I assume that once Panini is completely done, the distributors will start blowing it out for cheap and maybe more of it will hit the secondary market. Who knows, I sure don't. That said, this was the first /10 I'd ever seen in that whole time since it was released. It was easier picking up the Black 1/1!! So now I have another rainbow :)

There IS an Industry Summit /5 out there somewhere. Five of them I guess hahhaaa. I'm not holding my breath though.

I will miss Panini a lot. They showed Kesler a LOT of love in their releases, I would have gone for a 99-card para-hell rainbow without a second thought. Some of the most amazing cards imaginable in my PC are from them. I guess it's "fitting" that both are disappearing from my local radar at the same time.

Bye Felicia!

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Im ecstatic that he's on the Ducks!!! Love the trade. On another note, I shouldn't be buying but id be interested in a price on the Gibson and the Quad. BTW I was going through my drawer tonight and found the Dryden that i was supposed to send you that i apparent forgot about (sorry man!) but shoot me a pm on that as well and ill get it cut to the proper size and send it to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Wondered when we would hear about the trade from you as it was going to happen at some time. Surprised he didn't have Detroit on his list but I guess they aren't contenders like Chicago and Anaheim! Tough when your PC player leaves your favorite team. Great pickups! Love the Select rainbow!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Good to see you're soldiering on my friend. Bob McKenzie, that no good rumour-monger, had me thinking I'd be needing to drive down to Van and we could drown our sorrows together yesterday. Nothing yet, though.

Very cool project to put together with that Select rainbow.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Well.......... firstly, thank you to everyone for their interest in the Contenders cards up at the top. I did throw them up on the eBay though, the box was a stupid purchase for me at this particular time and I need to squeeze every last dime out of them "hits"......sorry n all, fellas.......

Remember a couple weeks back when eBay gave away $20 coupons for some reason? I bought THIS.......

Which I already had two of haha. Stupid rainbow project part TWO........

Now that Buddy's been traded away, allllll of the terrible stories are coming out.......... he was poison in the locker-room, the other guys voted to take the "A" off his chest at the beginning of last season, he was a man of low morals outside the rink. My o my. I didn't know him, I only saw what he did on the ice, and I saw him single-handedly beat Nashville in the 2nd round of the playoffs a few years ago. He was nice to me the four times I met him. This hobby and that PC of mine kept me from losing my marbles at work and allowed my to watch The Bachelor on TV right now without me making fun of her, and now it's all crappy. Someone change my diaper eh?