Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

13-14 Contenders Box & Case Breakers

Who all has broken some of this stuff? How have you done on the breaks?

I see a lot of no name rookie autos in the product.

How does it compare to Sp Authentic 13-14?

Are there those redemption points in the product?

I may bust a case if the price drops a little.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's got the same rookie class as SP Authentic, so there's no real distinction there.

Advantage for the Rookie Tickets is the SP's and SSP's have drastically lower print runs than SP Authentic.

Area of weakness - I've seen a few people hit the "hot boxes" with 8 auto'd cards and unless you hit a multi-auto in there it tends to be a weak grouping of autos.

Hockey will not be getting any of the redemption points. There are apparently hockey autos you can redeem but only in 2014 other sports do you actually get those points.

Some very nice auto patch cards, and most of the big name rookies are live. MacKinnon is live, Gallagher is live. The ongoing issue with Tarasenko continues here though.

The term "sticker dump" has been used often to discuss the product, and if you look at some of the multi-autos out there one can see why that phrase is used.

Overall, pretty good product. If you can rock 1-2 SSP autos out of a case, and get some other dandies along the way, it's a good time.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

and just a heads up, the wal mart hanger boxes have exclusive retail auto rcs, but seems like most or all are stickers

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's got the same rookie class as SP Authentic, so there's no real distinction there.

Advantage for the Rookie Tickets is the SP's and SSP's have drastically lower print runs than SP Authentic.

Area of weakness - I've seen a few people hit the "hot boxes" with 8 auto'd cards and unless you hit a multi-auto in there it tends to be a weak grouping of autos.

Hockey will not be getting any of the redemption points. There are apparently hockey autos you can redeem but only in 2014 other sports do you actually get those points.

Some very nice auto patch cards, and most of the big name rookies are live. MacKinnon is live, Gallagher is live. The ongoing issue with Tarasenko continues here though.

The term "sticker dump" has been used often to discuss the product, and if you look at some of the multi-autos out there one can see why that phrase is used.

Overall, pretty good product. If you can rock 1-2 SSP autos out of a case, and get some other dandies along the way, it's a good time.

Thank you RGM81. I value and respect your opinion on the hockey card front. Which product do you believe is better SPA or Contenders 13-14? I like the design on both.

Or said in other words, which product could I expect to have a better chance at at least breaking even?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

You will not break even on either product, simple as that.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I did two boxes of SPA and 1 Box of Contenders last weekend:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...Box-Contenders

Best hits were in SPA for sure. Got a Patch / Auto, Tarensenko was a nice hit (granted, a redemption) and the Fasth Auto was a nice hit too.

Contenders? 8 Autos in my box was awesome. I had way more fun opening that box, though the re-sale value of the cards (I know) is less.

Since last weekend, moved out all of my FW & some of the Authentic Moments cards in trade.... along with the inserts /499 & the Classic Autos from the Contenders. Moved them all in trades though, so not like I was trying to sell. Had an easy time doing it, and very happy with the return I got on it in that respect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did two boxes of SPA and 1 Box of Contenders last weekend:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...Box-Contenders

Best hits were in SPA for sure. Got a Patch / Auto, Tarensenko was a nice hit (granted, a redemption) and the Fasth Auto was a nice hit too.

Contenders? 8 Autos in my box was awesome. I had way more fun opening that box, though the re-sale value of the cards (I know) is less.

Since last weekend, moved out all of my FW & some of the Authentic Moments cards in trade.... along with the inserts /499 & the Classic Autos from the Contenders. Moved them all in trades though, so not like I was trying to sell. Had an easy time doing it, and very happy with the return I got on it in that respect.

Nice insight. I am picking up a box of contenders this weekend and plan to break my SPA over the holiday weekend as well.

What were the best autos you hit from your contenders box?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

and just a heads up, the wal mart hanger boxes have exclusive retail auto rcs, but seems like most or all are stickers

As per the product information given to us in advance of release by vegaspuck, the retail autos are exclusive and all stickers, except for some of the redemptions included in there. Those will be for hard-signed rookies.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you RGM81. I value and respect your opinion on the hockey card front. Which product do you believe is better SPA or Contenders 13-14? I like the design on both.

Or said in other words, which product could I expect to have a better chance at at least breaking even?

I tend to evaluate how much I like products based on what they can potentially offer my PC - there's a lot of Habs content in both SPA and Contenders to keep me occupied and interested. For the rookies, I like the design better in Contenders but I've always liked their Rookie Tickets. The design on the Future Watch this year is not as good as UD felt the need to put an "Autographed" foil bar on the top of every player's head.

If you want to break even, you're hoping for MacKinnon, MacKinnon, MacKinnon. The field has otherwise drastically petered out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You need to average $100 a box to break even....good luck with that.

But post your results..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast