Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

What to do about a card shop selling forgeries?

Hey folks.

I strolled into a card shop the other day after reading a bunch of 5-star reviews about the store online. I browsed for awhile. They had a quality selection of base, boxes, packs, inserts, pack pulled autos, etc. However, when I reached the far wall of the store, it was covered in signed 8x10s of major stars (Kobe, LeBron, Manning...) and all were blatant forgeries. Each was for sale for $49.99, obviously far under retail value of an authentic. A group of kids was looking at the wall, talking about how they were going to buy the LeBron when they had saved up the cash. The store was also selling a handful of HOF autographs (Williams, Mays, Mantle, DiMaggio) with GAI or STAT COAs, companies notorious for authenticating poor forgeries of legends.

What do you do in this situation? Do you try and warn the kids that the autographs aren't real? Do you say something to the store owner about the forgeries they have for sale?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I would start up a casual conversation with him but don't accuse him of any wrong doing. Gather as much info as he is willing to spill the beans on. Then if he is an appearant scammer go online and put him on blast.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404