Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1 box 13-14 BD (on sale) and 7 packs 13-14 SP authentic - 1:111 cases!

Oldest son had a soccer practice. I owed my youngest a break of some packs as the reverse had occurred a few days ago with some contenders packs (hit 4 autos from the last few packs of a hot box and then 3 autos including a howden patch /100 from a newly cracked single packs box).

I had been wary of cracking SP authentic as I didn't fancy the odds on loose packs (3 autos in 20 packs vs. 3-8 plus multi autos in 18 packs of contenders). Had already hit the biggies out of the Contenders boxes packs, so Sp authentic it was! Was hoping to hit a nice FW auto.

Of course BD happened to be on sale at 50% off ($50)! Figured I had a chance at a /99 Ice premiere so it was a decent gamble. Was expecting to strike out on the SP Authentic @ $56 and fair better on the BD @ $56.

We opened the BD first:

Doubles and Triples aren't worth mentioning IMO (have tons from earlier in the year if anyone needs any).

Dual Jersey Peter Forsberg
    Dual Jersey Jaroslav Halak

Quad Vet Patrick Kane
    Quad Vet Ruby /50 Dale Hawerchuk

Quad Rookie Gem Valeri Nichushkin
    Quad Rookie Gem Mikael Granlund

Gemography Ray Emery

Wasn't thrilled with the box. Had high hopes in the bonus pack. Opened it, saw the Canadians logo and passed it to my son hoping it was the Gallagher /99. He leafs through and......Nathan Beaulieau /499. Too bad.

What do you guys think about BD @ $50. Is there value there?

On to the Sp authentic.

First pack was a monster.

The rest yielded:

Premier Prospects Cory Conacher and Elias Lindholm (1:15 so beat the odds big time here)

Authentic Moments # 157, 180, 193

Dustin Brown 93-24

First pack had this bad boy in it:

From the cases I saw broken I knew it was lucky to hit a multi-player auto in a case as it's not really guaranteed. Also thought it was nice to hit a card of 2 good young players and a bonus that it's a Team Canada card.

Got home and checked the 'specs' on the card:

2012-13 SP Authentic Update - Team Canada Moments Multi-Player Auto Parallel Set Checklist

1:26,780 packs

I've had some great hits this year, but this takes the cake from an odds standpoint. That's 1 in 111 (and a half) cases!!!!!!!

Or for a laugh, 1 in $154,283.43 worth of cases (buying single packs it'd be more!)

It is FT/FS. I'll consider any and all multi player autos in this set or Mackinnon.

Comments welcome/appreciated. Good luck in your breaks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Nice breaks for sure
    were did you get blk diamond at $50, that's a great price

lmk
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

I agree, great price for black diamond, just an unfortunate box really. I think it would be worth it to get more at that price. Nice dual auto!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stanleycuphoister's Items on eBay

What an amazing card, ud killed it with those dual auto gold paint pen cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Great Pull !!!

Do not tell me where you got the BD @$50 a box because I would want to do a case at that price !!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes where is BD on sale?

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

Awesome dual!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

I agree, $50 a box black diamond is almost a can't miss (even with a weak box like that). Awesome hit on the Hodgson/Duchene as well. Should be able to trade for a nice PC card or sell for some decent $$. Congrats!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See westey13's Items on eBay

Nice hit on the auto. If you see anything in my bucket you want to trade for let me know