Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best of my Spring '14 Sedin pickups

It's been a few months since I believe I've shared any Sedin pickups as I've been way too busy chasing Lord Stanley's Mug, but I haven't forgotten about the wunder-twins...

First off - a huge shout out to our resident Kesler Supercollector Ed who handed these to me at a recent Bonsor show, a matching pair of printing plates from 01-02 Pacific Atomic! You are too kind sir!

Dunno why I never tried to pick up the full nameplates back when 08-09 SPGU first came out, figured one copy of each card was good at the time, but what the heck, I have OCD, why not go for the nameplate. Still need another 10 cards between the player and team name sets...

A slightly higher-end letter card, or at least half a letter - sadly I had a huge bid lined up for the top half of the card when it showed up on ebay, but the seller ended early and sold it offline and I never could find out to whom. Pretty sure they coulda got more from me, oh well, everything seems to resurface at some point. I've got the full Assistant "A" from 11-12 Prime, so I'd love to put together the "C" from 12-13 Prime, but this'll do for now.

Next up we have "just another sticker auto", but it completes a quad set of 1/1's from 11-12 Limited I now have both the regular and signed versions of both twins (the Hank is the one that completed it for me).

I really love these Ultimate Glove cards from 12-13 Ultimate Memorabilia with different drawn on each of them... I now have 3 of the 4 silver versions (new one is on the left), would love to complete the print run and track down the gold 1/1 as well.

And from the same set, the gold auto/stick/patch 1/1...

From Panini's last kick at the Dominion can, these fight strap button cards are a little ridiculous since the snap sticks out so far and makes it hard to store / scan properly... and I love stick nameplate cards, still kicking myself for missing out on one a few years back which is now the only stick nameplate I'm missing, maybe it'll show up too one day.

Not sure what ITG was thinking here - these ITG Used cards do have player pictures in some cases, and Daniel had plenty of other cards in the set with his mug on them, so not sure why they stuck the jersey number in place of a pic on this card like they would for players they don't have deals with? Really nice memorabilia piece though.

And last but not least, I've already showed the Stick Work Triple gold 1/1, now I've added the Dual gold as well, and picked up the Tape-to-Tape Gold 1/1 too with a nice '33' on Hank's tape... now I just need the Quad gold 1/1 to complete everything Sedin-related from the set, though I imagine if it's not already buried in someone's Linden or Bure collection that I might have some stiff competition if it does surface.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Those are some monster hits! Too bad about the other half of the 'C'. I've had that happen to me before too (sorry, sold it - WHAT DO YOU MEAN?? You know I would have paid more. That's the point of an auction, right??)

Country

Hey Sedinfan, clear your inbox. I have 2 NICEEE Sedin cards for you!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Amazing assortment there, Dave :)

I know that the $$$ isn't the issue with you cuz you stink like money (The Thurston Howell III character from Gilligan's Island was actually based on Dave - it's true, check it out on Wikipedia in about 10 minute after I'm done editing that page) but it's like it RAINS 1/1's over by your house! Or you have some sort of backdoor deal with the guys at ITG and Panini!

Or something.......

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet pickups! Love that had it stamped it, those cards look awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazing assortment there, Dave :)

I know that the $$$ isn't the issue with you cuz you stink like money (The Thurston Howell III character from Gilligan's Island was actually based on Dave - it's true, check it out on Wikipedia in about 10 minute after I'm done editing that page) but it's like it RAINS 1/1's over by your house! Or you have some sort of backdoor deal with the guys at ITG and Panini!

Or something.......

Heh, I didn't even notice that my whole Show n Tell was ITG / Panini - let's hope UD ups their game next year during the exclusive otherwise it'll be a pretty dull few years if they're not making anything show-worthy.

Man, I've still never seen an episode of Gilligan's Island in my life... I'll need to add that to the bucket list :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Haha you're not missing anything.........

There's a bunch of stuff in Prime for you to chase down eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fantastic stuff, Dave. Always enjoy reading your S&T threads. Keep it up!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't wait to see all the Prime Logos/patches/numbers you get for the Sedins! I'll keep an eye out for you if I see any selling that isn't posted on eBay! GL

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't wait to see all the Prime Logos/patches/numbers you get for the Sedins! I'll keep an eye out for you if I see any selling that isn't posted on eBay! GL

That'd be much appreciated... I've been scooping up every single one I come across, it'll be fun to see whether I can actually put together a complete patch or jersey number or something like that. So glad they only made Danny, seems they almost ran out of Hank jerseys cause he has next to nothing in Prime :)