Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What Are You Most Looking Foward to from Upper Deck Now?

Hot on the heels of the "What Will You Miss Most About Panini?" discussion, let's now look ahead to the future.

With Upper Deck once again having an exclusive license, what has you most excited about the next few years? Is it the return of old favourites as stand-alone releases? Is it the comfort in knowing that every release will come from the Upper Deck brand?

What positives are you taking from the Upper Deck Exclusive?

Keep the positive vibes flowing.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

hopefully the return of ud black!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Nothing! This will probably be my last year in the hobby. Been in and out over the past 30 years. Was not impressed with the last exclusive which pushed me towards ITG.
    Last edited by mq13; 07-16-2014 at 05:12 AM.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I'm looking forward to spending twice as much on ITG stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

I can't wait to see all those 1 color GUed cards.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Okay, I'll try and be positive.

There are two things I hope we see as a result of this:

1. More themed sets. Edmonton Oilers, Team Canada, Masterpieces, etc. Stuff that really doesn't compete with Panini products... stuff that will likely just be a one off. Stuff where they can get outside their usual list of 150 Star Players. Stuff that doesn't need a follow up set. Stuff that isn't just adding to their list of watered down products.

2. A pull back on the number of cards Rookies get in every single product. Maybe without the competition, UD won't find it necessary to insert extra cards of all the rookies, into all of their releases. Maybe we'll get Ekblad Rookie Cards, and his inclusion into a few rookie themed insert or game used or auto sets, and that will be it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Why, the bold designs and filling my collection with cards that hold their value of course!!!

Ok, seriously? Ummmm, not having to worry about cracking a box open for the next five years :D

Ok, SERIOUSLY????? I'll still have singles of my PC guy to chase and maybe put together a small set of something. SPX Shadowboxes were uber-cool last year, and OPC will probably have another one of those un-announced insert sets that go for a fortune. And if there ARE Kesler cards in MVP then I'll be more than happy to hunt down all of the parallels.

Always look on the bright side of life!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like above stated .....

The ability for someone to actually be able to complete a rookie year PC to 100%. With Panini it was impossible ...... I almost did it back in 05/06 and 07/08 but wouldnt even try it during the Panini years I find its what I liked most about the hobby, rookie collecting, so maybe ill pick up a new player for next year!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cup
    Ultimate
    Some S1/S2

That's about it.

Maybe ICE.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

The Return of OPC Premier and/or UD Black. I really missed these products. Also the lower number or rookies that will be produced.

Panini absolutely flooded the market with rookies lowering their values for both companies.

Looking forward to a lot less parallels too!

Those are the only positives I can think of.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast