Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sticker Autos

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sticker Autos

I apologize in advance if there's a thread out there with this topic that I didn't see. I was just curious If anybody else has had any problems with their sticker autographed cards. I figured it was only a matter of time before something like this could happen. I have recently found a card in the collection where the sticker is flaking up on a side a little worse then others. Now this is a High end card in the collection, and its a little disappointing to say the least. My temporary solution has been to remove them (in this case one touches), to a topholder that snugs them tightly. Once in the toploader I apply some gentle pressure on the sticker corners and at least temporarily fix the problem (at least until I take it out of the toploader :p). Its not a card where I can contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement or get help from.

Any tips or solutions? If so, has anybody attempted to add a clear adhesive to re-stick them? If it gets worse, the auto has the potential to fall right off. btw I hate stickers :p
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 07-16-2014 at 12:40 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Is this a really old sticker auto? Like ten years old or more? I haven't had this issue with any of my autos. Product year and manufacturer would be good to know as anybody with similar cards can check if they have the same problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah what year is the card from? I haven't had any problems like this but that is a fear among a lot of collectors.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's a sp authentic sign of times. I believe a 2012-13.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You're going to have to post a photo of this. Sign of the Times autos from SP Authentic are hard-signed unless it's a 4+ auto.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

its a sevens auto. Ill maybe see if I can get a pic, obviously I cant scan it and Ill have to unprotect it and expose the unstickyness of the auto (without making it worse). Ill maybe eventually get that done, I'm just not excited to potentially making it worse. At least not till I have a back up plan haha.

On that note, it doesn't sound like a common issue. It's a peeling sticker; Brand shouldn't matter too much unless one is more subject to this happening; Year, I can see, as sticker autos haven't been around for a long enough time to see how they age over decades; And a picture, its pretty self explanatory of what a peeling sticker looks like. This may be one dud out of a million. But as it being on a collectable that is very sensitive to condition, I figured Id see if I had any options. The card isn't "ruined" by any means, but we all know how stickers behave, once they have a dead side they tend to worsen. I'll most likely leave it as is. Keep it together as best I can and enjoy the card. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 07-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Unfortunate for such a recent card to have a bad sticker, I suppose it can happen though. Frankly I'm surprised we don't see this more often with so many sticker autos out there. They seem to hold up quite well for the most part.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Give Upper Deck's customer service guys a call - I don't know if they'd be able to get you a replacement for the card or if they'd be able to "fix" the issue themselves, but it certainly couldn't hurt.