Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Make sure you go back and read the story again now that it's been updated.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/16...-dollar-hotel/

Damn. I was sure going to go ahead and apply for one of those $45 per hour jobs they have.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Negative. These people can still be amnestied.. That is why they're coming in groves.... Sole reason.

If it was about the crime, then they would have been coming in groves for years....

Gotta love people who speak in absolutes. Obviously the US is better than their situations they are in now. I see that as their motivation although I'm not naive enough to think is one and only one reason. Even if amnesty was a huge reason why they i still the reason of having a better life than where they are now. KInd of goes hand in hand.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Gotta love people who speak in absolutes. Obviously the US is better than their situations they are in now. I see that as their motivation although I'm not naive enough to think is one and only one reason. Even if amnesty was a huge reason why they i still the reason of having a better life than where they are now. KInd of goes hand in hand.

If they weren't looking for amnesty, then why would they come? They would be thrown back out of the country, because when Amnesty happens, the borders should be "secured" at that point. No one else in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I still see this as a UN issue. Why are these children so abused they have to leave and come here? The lives of children being risked in many ways to come here because they are fleeing a place that is so bad. Come on World, come on UN, step up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If they weren't looking for amnesty, then why would they come? They would be thrown back out of the country, because when Amnesty happens, the borders should be "secured" at that point. No one else in.

Obviously many have come here illegally without the offer of amnesty so they all had reason to come to the U.S more than just amnesty. I don't know what the exact numbers of illegals that are living in the U.S. but it's a pretty large number even before any sort of amnesty was a possibility. I'm sure they'd love to have amnesty or they wouldn't have come, but even with the risk of being deported, dying during the travel, becoming enslaved by guides or having their families put in danger they still see living here being worth the risk. If you actually think about it those are all pretty huge risks. Their situations in their home lands must be pretty terrible for most of these people. Now I'm not saying that is reason enough to let whomever in, but to me if they are going to be positives members of society then get them into the system and have them paying taxes. Obviously there will be some criminal element, but the majority seem like they want to live a good live and earn a living.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I still see this as a UN issue. Why are these children so abused they have to leave and come here? The lives of children being risked in many ways to come here because they are fleeing a place that is so bad. Come on World, come on UN, step up.

I definitely agree with you there. It's a major issue with the living conditions in the countries people are willing to go to the extreme risks of coming into the U.S. illegally. Obviously if the places they lived were better there would be less willing to leave.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Obviously many have come here illegally without the offer of amnesty so they all had reason to come to the U.S more than just amnesty. I don't know what the exact numbers of illegals that are living in the U.S. but it's a pretty large number even before any sort of amnesty was a possibility. I'm sure they'd love to have amnesty or they wouldn't have come, but even with the risk of being deported, dying during the travel, becoming enslaved by guides or having their families put in danger they still see living here being worth the risk. If you actually think about it those are all pretty huge risks. Their situations in their home lands must be pretty terrible for most of these people. Now I'm not saying that is reason enough to let whomever in, but to me if they are going to be positives members of society then get them into the system and have them paying taxes. Obviously there will be some criminal element, but the majority seem like they want to live a good live and earn a living.

So where are we going to crap these jobs from so they can pay taxes? Just going to fall out of the sky? Obama going to snap his fingers? Hell, we can't even get our unemployed jobs. How are we going to get these people jobs to survive in society?

Last time I checked, the economy is still in the crapper, and no one from the left seems to give a dang about that. Just spend, spend, spend and spend some more. Oh, and I need 4 billion dollars for these people who I'm letting in by groves even though all Governers of these states are highly against it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So where are we going to crap these jobs from so they can pay taxes? Just going to fall out of the sky? Obama going to snap his fingers? Hell, we can't even get our unemployed jobs. How are we going to get these people jobs to survive in society?

Last time I checked, the economy is still in the crapper, and no one from the left seems to give a dang about that. Just spend, spend, spend and spend some more. Oh, and I need 4 billion dollars for these people who I'm letting in by groves even though all Governers of these states are highly against it.

From what I read, Obama was trying to alter the law so that they could deport these kids quicker than the 2008 law allows for. I'm not sure what he's trying to change, but it seems like he is trying to streamline the process to keep from their being a housing issue.

As far as jobs. I've always assumed that there are plenty of illegals who have jobs and lots of employers willing to pay them under the table. Do you honestly think they are all completely unemployed and are living off of the system? Every last one of them? Most seem to come here to earn better livings. If they couldn't find jobs why would they come? How would they survive? I never assumed they were all not working and milking the system.

also, do you mean droves instead of groves? seriously asking because I'm not sure what groves means but assumed you mean large numbers. Not familiar with the word.

As far as spending... I'm right there with you. Politicians love to spend money and do way too much of it. However, you're characterization of only liberals over spending is rather laughable. That all leads us back to the main topic of the post... I argue that buying a 3.8 million dollar hotel to house the overflow of children waiting to be deported is way cheaper than the government looking to build new places to house them from scratch. Plus it alleviates the need of them having to house these children in the towns where all of these protestors have such a huge issue with. Why would you complain is it's a cheaper solution and it makes the protestors happy? Do you think it's too luxurious because it has a tennis court or a Jacuzzi?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

From what I read, Obama was trying to alter the law so that they could deport these kids quicker than the 2008 law allows for. I'm not sure what he's trying to change, but it seems like he is trying to streamline the process to keep from their being a housing issue.

As far as jobs. I've always assumed that there are plenty of illegals who have jobs and lots of employers willing to pay them under the table. Do you honestly think they are all completely unemployed and are living off of the system? Every last one of them? Most seem to come here to earn better livings. If they couldn't find jobs why would they come? How would they survive? I never assumed they were all not working and milking the system.

also, do you mean droves instead of groves? seriously asking because I'm not sure what groves means but assumed you mean large numbers. Not familiar with the word.

As far as spending... I'm right there with you. Politicians love to spend money and do way too much of it. However, you're characterization of only liberals over spending is rather laughable. That all leads us back to the main topic of the post... I argue that buying a 3.8 million dollar hotel to house the overflow of children waiting to be deported is way cheaper than the government looking to build new places to house them from scratch. Plus it alleviates the need of them having to house these children in the towns where all of these protestors have such a huge issue with. Why would you complain is it's a cheaper solution and it makes the protestors happy? Do you think it's too luxurious because it has a tennis court or a Jacuzzi?

Negative. These children don't need to be here in the first place. End of Story. Period.

If you want to make sure they have housing and food, I'm sure you can join a humanitarian effort and travel to their country and lend a helping hand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Amnesty didn't work in the 80's, not gonna work now...........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast