Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: eBay selling strategy?

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

eBay selling strategy?

Ok lets paint a scenerio.

Say I have (100) pack autographs to list on eBay. They are lower end $20 and under.

Now to increase my overall ability to sell and create efficiency how do I handle the shipping part?

Do I....

1. Offer FREE shipping upfront..... some may view this idea as a first impression that they are getting poor service even if it isn't true right?

2. Charge near actual cost to ship in a padded envelope... like provide a flat shipping cost of $1.99 or so.... then manually take off $1.99 from the buyer's invoice when they purchase multiple items? Yes this will take a little extra time each sale.

I am in a position to list a good many cards on eBay and was thinking of an effective strategy to get the most for the cards while keeping the shipping fair and pretty streamlined.

Any thoughts or ideas of what to do? Is there a real solution? Anything work for you?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

If you are not going to list them as a lot, I would do $1.99 shipping with combined shipping for multiple items.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

Thanks I got the perfect reply from another member on another site that settled it all.

His response was....

I would do actual shipping plus the cost of the mailer.
    In your ACCOUNT tab on your MY EBAY page (near the top half), you can click on the SITE PREFERENCES, then under the Selling Preferences you will see the title SHIPPING PREFERENCES. To the right click on SHOW. From there, you can edit the line that reads Offer combined payments and shipping to YES and calculate whether you want to offer free shipping for additional purchases as long as the items are paid for together. Ebay will automatically adjust the buyers invoice to reflect the shipping discount.
    When you make your items buyer friendly with shipping discounts you will get repeat buyers.

My follow up was....

Sweet God of America, thank you sir, sounds like a winner winner.

Yeah PayPal shipping is $1.93 on average and I just put shipping at $1.99 to be more attractive I guess.

I may pay $0.10 a padded envelope in bulk and the rest invested on top loaders and sleeves I chalk up as my gift to them or simply the cost of doing business in thinking that long term I may come out about where I want to be.

Cool just updated my preferences. At checkout eBay will automatically charge a flat $1.99 for one card and every card purchased thereafter they will subtract the $1.99 each time from the buyer's total. Woop!