Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

alf7624 - TTM Success Thread

Hello everyone,

Newer member here, and just started doing TTM. Started 2 weeks ago mailing my first items out, and over the last 2 weeks have 16 Baseballs out there.

Went with many safer bets to start especially since I was sending ROMLB out.
    All requests I sent a bic blue pen to hopefully help my chances of getting signed in a good looking pen.

Here is the list of who I sent out so far-

Baseball Players:

Carl Erskine
    Doug Harvey
    Whitey Herzog
    Bud Selig
    Goose Gossage
    Tony LaRussa
    Bob Uecker
    Joe Garagiloa
    Wade Boggs
    Noah Syndergaard
    Jim Bunning
    Pat Gillick

Golf:
    Jack Nicklaus

Non Sport:
    Regis Philbin
    James Earl Jones
    Betty White

Sent 1 baseball to each of the above including - Nicklaus, Philbin, Betty White & James Earl Jones. Been collecting celebrity signed baseballs for a long time, and hope to increase my collection using TTM.

There are a few I feel like are pretty certain that I will get a ball returned signed, and a few that I am a little more questionable on.

Will start doing 8x10s TTM this week or next sending out to a few people.

Question to all:

Im looking for ideas to send to Basketball or Football players besides cards & 8x10s? Baseball is great cause the balls fit in a SASE bubble mailer easily. Am I forgetting anything that I can send to Football & Basketball players besides cards and pictures?

SCF Rewards
    Country

On Saturday I received my first 3 baseballs back. Was pretty excited when I opened the mailbox and pulled out 3 bubble mailers.

Got back:

Whitey Herzog- He signed on SS in blue pen, BUT did not add the HOF inscription I asked for. I included a 10.00 donation, and now I am seeing more luck for people getting the HOF inscription when they send 15.00. Either way very happy with the return.

Bud Selig- Signed on SS in Blue Pen. Super quick return considering it was sent around the All Star game. I would think that is a busier time for the Commish. Very happy with this return. All ready had a Fay Vincent signed ball, now I have to get a ball out to Peter Ueberoth so I can have all the living baseball commissioners.

Regis Philbin- Very quick return as I am in NY and so is Regis, so only a few days. Signed from side panel across the sweet spot to other side panel in blue sharpie. Personalized inscription with- Andrew, All the best to you, Regis Philbin. I dont mind a personalized item, as I am a collector, and not looking to resell anything right now. I do wish he signed it using my blue pen, as sharpie does not hold up all the times on a baseball, and pen just looks better. But I cant complain about this return. It was great getting Regis to sign a baseball for me.

Very nice day of first time ever TTM returns. Cant wait for more to come.
    Last edited by alf7624; 07-21-2014 at 11:26 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Great start add some pics of your success.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Very nice

SCF Rewards
    Country

2 more returns. Got Wade Boggs on Monday & Jim Bunning on Tuesday. Both were real quick, and look great.

10498047_10204502630552797_3360423973579323804_o_zps2c033233.jpg
    Last edited by alf7624; 07-22-2014 at 09:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings New York Yankees Indianapolis Colts
    Instagram:

I have a feeling this thread is going to not only be one of my favorites, but make me jealous that I don't have the ability to send balls out TTM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Those are some very nice returns. Best of luck on your mailings and thanks for sharing them with us. I will give the fair warning the TTM part of the hobby is addicting!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been collecting autographs since 1985 or so. I have a large collection all ready, but what the heck have I been waiting for to start TTM. It is so dam addicting. I know it won't last, but each night I come home to a baseball in my mail box, and best part until I open it, I have no idea who it is. It is great.

I sent 17, and once I get a few more back, I want to pick up some more baseballs to send out a few more. I won't be able to keep up the quantity, but it is real addicting, so I'm sure I will slowly keep them going.

Going to start some 8x10s TTM pretty soon. Got some targets I hope to get.

Anyone have ideas to send to basketball & Football players besides cards & pictures?

SCF Rewards
    Country

For basketball you could send floorboards, I have also sent jersey numbers to a few guys, when i get them back I attach them to jerseys, cheap on postage and not too big of a risk vs sending a whole jersey.

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast