Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Stamkos ignores leafs speculation on 2016 free agency

What should be an opportunity to talk about his charity work with Special Olympics and the future outlook for the Lightning and their recent additions, sees an attempt by Toronto media to talk about him coming back to TO to play.

Consummate professional and classy guy, he rebuffs and basically ignores the reporter to go on to talk about his excitement about what the Lightning are doing.

Of course the article is authored only as The Canadian Press. The reporter(s) in question should be shamed. Slow hockey news day and all this is classless especially as he still has two years left on his contract and they don't even have the decency to mention the charity.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=457785

TORONTO -- LeBron James going home to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers led to speculation about whether a star NHL player might do the same in the near future.

Naturally, Steven Stamkos was at the centre of that speculation. The Tampa Bay Lightning captain and Markham, Ont., native could be an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016, and the allure of playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs could be there.

"We'll see what happens. It's a couple years away," Stamkos said Wednesday. "Right now I'm focused on what I have to do to win in Tampa, and I think we've really established ourselves as a team that can compete in upcoming years.

"For me, that's the important thing is getting a chance to win. It looks like we're going to have that chance for a couple years."...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Story about nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw this too I live 20 minutes from TO. Reporters had no Rob Ford news so they had to do something. There really is a snowballs chance in hell that he will sign with the Leafs in 2016 when I think he will be a free agent. First doubtful he wants to play for a loser team (Yes I am a Leafs fan but I am one of the few that can see the reality). Second with Clarkson at insane money, Kessel, Dion Phaneuf (more insane money) how the heck will they be able to stay under the cap. He will require Max money to sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

I don't doubt that he may come home....however to publish this garbage is nonsense.

I played hockey with his uncle for many years and I think its 100% possible to have him put the Leaf on. They will make room for him if it came down to it. You would see space added for that talant.