Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Custom Autograph Project: 2014-15 Masks of Supremacy

Hello everyone,

I'd like to present you with my newest custom creations. It's an autograph set featuring 16 different goalies (so far, might add more later). I'm in the process of getting these shipped out TTM to get them signed by the respective players. I'll keep you guys up-to-date when I begin to receive some of them back.

The concept of the set is to showcase and honour the greatest goalie masks in NHL history. That means masks from the past and present. All eras are represented in this set.

Now onto a gallery! I hope you like the design as well as the mask selection.

First 4 cards:

Petr Mrazek's mask was a bit of a must in this set. I really like it and it has gotten lots of attention on social media as well, with the presence of a popular cartoon character on the side. The addition of Clemmensen's mask was a no-brainer. In my opinion it's one of the greatest Panthers masks ever (not a long list with the comparatively short history of the Panthers franchise, though, but some great masks have been worn in Florida).

Olaf Kolzig is my favourite all-time goalie and definitely deserved a spot in this set. His Godzilla-themed Capitals masks he wore were always amazing to look at, and perhaps also one of his features that made him a definite fan favourite in Washington.

Josh Harding's mask is one that I hold very dear to my heart. It's a tribute mask to the greatest NHL masks in history, feauturing masks worn by Jacques Plante, Ken Dryden, Mike Liut and Rogie Vachon. I love it!

Cards 5-8:

Gary Bromley's skull mask while with the Canucks is instantly recognizable amongst NHL fans and was a welcome addition to the set. When speaking of the most influencial and iconic masks in NHL history, it's hard not to mention Bromley's mask.

Jimmy Howard's mask is superb and I like Howard as a player as well. Classy guy. The classic American sportscar on the side of his mask was a superb idea since he's playing in Detroit, Motor City.

Brian Elliott's mask is here because... wow, that's why! A sensational paint job and awesome execution. It was voted the "Best Mask of the 2013 NHL Playoffs", too.

Gilles Gratton's mask was also a no-brainer to add. Classic lion mask.

Cards 9-12:

Hedberg's mask while with the Penguins was superb. David Gunnarson is a supreme airbrush artist and I always love the work he presents. Truly one of my idols, and this Hedberg mask was one of the first masks that David made that saw NHL action.

Antti Raanta's mask I really enjoy. Blackhawks goalies usually wear nice masks, but this one stands out if you ask me. Raanta is also becoming one of my favourite NHL goalies (I've followed him since 2012 in Finland when he played for my favourite team, Ässät, and have also seen him at the IIHF World Championships). He's just seems like a swell guy. This video is proof of that, haha:

Cristobal Huet's Habs mask was truly underrated. Awesome ghost-theme and cool execution. Raw simplicity at its best. What do you think?

Turek's mask is one of my favourite 00's masks, if not my favourite. I'll let the photo speak for itself.

Cards 13-16:

Murray Bannerman's mask was a classic in Chicago and stands out as one of the most iconic NHL masks of all time. This mask simply had to be in this set.

Jonathan Bernier's Winter Classic mask was just stunning. Another Dave Art creation, it features kids playing pond hockey as well as an NHL Winter Classic theme overall. Love the vintage Maple Leafs crests as well. Fantastic.

Ilya Bryzgalov's masks are usually as colourful as he is and this one is no exception. Featuring video game characters (Sonic on one side) a bit like Lehtonen's 2006-07 Thrashers mask, this one is truly a masterpiece. Well done.

Last but not least is Johnny Bower, often described as the most gentlemanly player in NHL history with his friendlyness amongst fans. Hopefully he'll sign these customs as I'd love to have them in my collection.

The set in its entirety:

I hope you guys enjoyed the show and tell. Please take a moment to leave a comment on what you think. Card design, player selection, I want to hear your opinions. Thanks a bunch for reading and watching and have a nice day. Keep collecting, guys!

Best regards,

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    20 connexionhck
    Country

WOW! Really cool project! Good luck and amazing job as always! :)

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

They're awesome man, love the design. Cant wait to start seeing them auto'd. Love the Bernier and would love to trade for s copy! (IF you're cool with another custom for custom swap)

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW! Really cool project! Good luck and amazing job as always! :)

Thanks a lot Amélie, I really appreciate that!

-Ethan

They're awesome man, love the design. Cant wait to start seeing them auto'd. Love the Bernier and would love to trade for s copy! (IF you're cool with another custom for custom swap)

Thanks a lot, Jon. Normally I'd be cool with another custom for custom swap, but since these are going to get signed I'd like to control the print run. It's the only way I'll be able to guarantee that, for instance, only 3 or 4 have been made. But perhaps you'd like a signed Bernier then, eh?

-Ethan

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Cool man no worries, i definitely understand where you're coming from! If you do get more than 1 autod I'd definitely be interested in 1, for lots of signed goodies yoy may like including a signed Bernier mask c card of my own I would trade ya

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nyjets49's Items on eBay

Absolutely amazing looking set. Love the design. Best of luck getting them signed :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

What I always say... :P Love the work, Ethan.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Keep it up Ethan ! looking fantastic ! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, I really appreciate the kind words! And Jon, I'll definitely let you know about the progress of the Bernier. He's a tough signature to get TTM, though. Never easy to get one from a top-2 guy in the capital of the hockey universe, but I'll try, haha.

-Ethan