Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

Discussion on this shield

Hello all! This is not my card, but one I would love to own. I know the history of it, its from 2009 the cup. It was not inserted into packs, it was a replacement card for a damaged card. It is a dual auto shield, it has my PC placer lafleur on the front side is why id like to have it. Lafleur played up until 91, so having a shield from his later years would clearly be possible. On this card, it states these game worn pieces were used in an official NHL game. It doesn't say what team or when. ALL of my lafleur the cup cards picture him in a Montreal jersey, yet the pieces are always stated to be having used with a different team. So who knows where these 2 came even came from.
    So after drooling over the card for days, I think, didn't Mahavolich retire around 80? Did they even have shields on the jerseys? Mahavolich LAST played in the NHL in 1973-74 for the Canadiens. He then played 4 years in the WHA. Clearly its not from him playing in the 70's, so it must be from a retires game or charity game? But I cant find any info him even playing in such a game. This shield also looks old. Now im on the fence about this card.
    Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

If there was no shield on his original jerseys and he did any old-timers/retired games, that would be my guess for where it came from.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Perhaps it's this one, sold in 2005:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Defau...nid=19&lotid=9

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

That is what I was thinking upon reading the first post....A leafs legends game worn jersey...something like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

I didn't see that auction, but most likely that's where it's from. Thanks! Still too bad it wasn't used during his playing days. I'm not going to pay 1000 dollars for an old timers jersey shield. And the most important piece, the lafleur, I'd like to know it was actually game used, now, who knows where that came from. Cards probably not for me
    Last edited by brian045; 07-24-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: .

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't see that auction, but most likely that's where it's from. Thanks! Still too bad it wasn't used during his playing days. I'm not going to pay 1000 dollars for an old timers jersey shield. And the most important piece, the lafleur, I'd like to know it was actually game used, now, who knows where that came from. Cards probably not for me

The Lafleur shield would probably be from his 2003 Heritage Classic jersey.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Defau...d=10&lotid=400

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Browsing Classic Auctions and GameWornAuctions.net are great ways to research game worn jerseys, you'd be surprised how many jerseys I've found on those sites that made it into cards. Even photo matched Ron Francis' last Hartford Whalers jersey to patches used in Dominion Peerless Patches one time. All three card companies buy a lot of jerseys from auctions like these.