Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ILL Tax's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I think this varies state by state, so it may be different in your area, but in my job I pay 50% of my retirement and my employer matches whatever I put in up to a certain amount. In my experience that is pretty typical of most employer provided 401K plans.

As a teacher I have an issue with the "double-dip". It makes it difficult for new teachers to get jobs and is a burden on the system. Our state recently passed legislation restricting the number of days that a retired teacher can work as a sub per school year and requiring that they be retired for a certain period of time before they can join the sub list (6 months I think).

I'm in Ohio and they have some pretty good retirements. It's not your standard 401k like I have. They are trying to change it I believe. I don't like the fact that they can change the terms and give raises/concessions whenever they really want to. It's taxpayers money you are dealing with.
    I know of 2 people that are actually triple dipping the system now. I don't think the intent was to allow that and they tried to change it, but the big bad unions came out and played the poor teacher card.
    Like I said. make the money while you work and retire like the rest of us. Ohio has a 180 day contract I believe.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Every time I see this thread title, think of this
    beastie-boys-ill-communication.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

How many quality teachers would we have if they were only paid for 7 or 8 months????

How many teachers in general would we have????

none are working to help the kids, all they want is more money and more days off??????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

none are working to help the kids, all they want is more money and more days off??????

I would venture out and say 95% of teachers do it because they love helping kids or want to change a kids life somehow. Why else would you want to put yourself through that? Of course the teachers want more money. I can name no one who says they are happy with what they make for money. Who wouldn't want more days off? Just because you want something means nothing. These unions are only making things worse by promising teachers who join them these things which if it happens hurts the schools.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234