Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Looking for Box Breaks info

i see a bunch of box breaks on ebay everyday. even participated in 3 of them. each time it was the same product. each time i noticed that there were 6 or 7 teams that produced no "hits". a big fat ZERO. is that a coincidence or do certain breaking products favour or for that matter disfavor certain teams. and if so how does one determine which product gives your team the best chance at a favourable break.
    do certain products tend to lean towards rookie "hits" or auto "hits". i have watched a bunch of breaks on youtube and the hits are very much better than on the ebay openings. is this legit or is there a way to stage these breaks.

any info would be appreciated. as one who doesnt open boxes because of my limited funds (i'd rather buy cards where i get what i pay for then chance a hit of somebody i'd have to trade away anyways.)
    thanx guys, always enjoy these forums, so much info and so many great stories.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Couple of comments:

1. Absolutely not every team is equal. You'd have to go through the checklist, look at every card / team, and figure out the overall odds. I'm guessing there are some sites (CnC maybe?) that post "best odds" for doing breaks. If there are 50,000 'hits' across the total run.... and 6000 of then are Penguins, while only 500 of them are Panthers.... you've got a better chance of hitting with the Pens.

2. Maybe the sellers isn't good, maybe he is. Only buy into breaks like this from someone you trust.

Think about it.... I sell a box break online. I record it, and upload the video. What's stopping me from just opening another box, and recording that, if I hit something REALLY good?? Most of the breakers out there, that sell these slots, I think they're legit - but sure, there could be some bad apples.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I have seen some shady box breaks, but there are a lot of sellers out there that are legit do many box breaks a week.

Sometimes you get extremely bad luck. I have recently decided to no longer participate in box breaks. I have participated in 8 13-14 SP Authentic Detroit Red Wings breaks and haven't see a single card. Including a handful of Contenders and I've received 1 single insert worth maybe $2 on a good day.

I also participated in a 2-Case Break of 13-14 Panini Playbook and received 0 rookies from my team yet I saw about 8 Dougie Hamiltons alone. It was absolutely ridiculous, but that's what I get for participating in box breaks because I have an urge to bust something. I would much rather buy a box myself and open it then waste money at this rate.

Then again I have pulled a Gordie Howe hard-signed autograph /50 from a 2-box break. Overall it's not worth it to me, but thems the breaks.

If you want to pursue box breaks you can find checklists and just search for your team to find out which product has more of what.

Good-luck,
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I should have also added: Box Breaks like you describe are against eBay's terms of service. While I have no issue with group breaks as a matter of principle (I do them periodically) I wouldn't touch one on eBay with a 10-foot pole. The sellers think so little of eBay's rules that they don't follow them, so why should I think they'd treat their own rules any differently??

Yeah, just did a great job of generalizing people, and I know from what I've seen / heard there are plenty of good people doing them on eBay - but since it's so easily manipulated, and the fact that they appear there in the first place is really something that's not allowed, I will not go near them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

the couple i tried were done by kids, at least kids in reference to me, probably 16-23 or so. one advertised a titanium box break, turned out it was a tin that had 1 insert and 1 rookie card in it. something like 30 base cards. another guy who just opened a SPA box----- in small print at the bottom indicated that he didnt ship inserts/parallels/rookies only jerseys and autos. not that my team came up anyways lol...
    also wondered if bids on some of these lots were shill bids. the same guy seems to bid in the last 30 seconds to really bounce up the price. he doesnt bid in the last 10 seconds or so, just early enuff to be outbid by soemone caught up in "auction fever".
    i still enjoy opening packs, but the safe money just buys the cards he wants on ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

http://groupbreakchecklists.com/

this should be a starting point for any high end break, to see how many hits thee are per team

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Stick to reputable guys... eBay's a good way to pick up the odd team (I use to break boxes on eBay), but there's only 2-3 really good breakers on there that you can trust IMO. I've been busy lately so only busting on product release days but there are a few good guys out there. Just remember, it's about having fun & having your team at a fraction of the price of a box.

Make sure as others have said to check the checklists to see if you can discern which teams have more hits (and ones of greater value) than others if you want a slight edge. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but it does help.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I should have also added: Box Breaks like you describe are against eBay's terms of service. While I have no issue with group breaks as a matter of principle (I do them periodically) I wouldn't touch one on eBay with a 10-foot pole. The sellers think so little of eBay's rules that they don't follow them, so why should I think they'd treat their own rules any differently??

Yeah, just did a great job of generalizing people, and I know from what I've seen / heard there are plenty of good people doing them on eBay - but since it's so easily manipulated, and the fact that they appear there in the first place is really something that's not allowed, I will not go near them.

I agree on some of these points but when I can get a team from a Legit breaker (Ksehd) on ebay for $40 and people are charging $65 on breaker.tv. I actually like that ebay protects the buyer, only the seller could really get screwed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

*********** http://groupbreakchecklists.com/

this should be a starting point for any high end break, to see how many hits thee are per team **********

excellent resource thank you

SCF Rewards
    Country

8 red wings breaks in spa and no hits?

Yikes...sounds almost impossible.

I usually do them on CnC, pick teams that have good value and decent checklists.

Very rarely do I not get a hit. Maybe 1 in 30 times if that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast