Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why no value for yakupov?

So I've been outta the hobby for over 6 months now (bought a corvette instead 😊) but I still like to keep a eye on things to see were the markets at plus with prime and ultimate coming up I just may have to jump back in or at least get involved with some group breaks. Today I happened to jump on ebay to see what yakupov cards are doing and I see he's got no value what's so ever. I realize he had a horrible year last year but the kid has a lot of potential and I can see this year being a turn around year for him. So I guess just getting everyone's thoughts on his cards I may have to
    buy low and then sell high. Anyways just thought id ask.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You summed up a large part of the reason - he had a very rough year. Couple that with all his RC's coming out in his second season and the initial hype that we see for rookies had kinda worn off by then. If his RC's had come out after he scored that first goal and did the big slide and led all rookies in scoring, they'd have done much better.

As you say, buy low and hope for a resurgence.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I know it's only Score, but I pulled a 13-14 Gold Parallel RC when the set first came out. I listed it at $2 and got zero offers. The Hockey gods can be fickle.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

My guess is he has a bounce back season and gets 30 goals. Almost all the Oilers had down seasons, Eakins sure didn't get a lot out of all that talent last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

With his value being so low now ..... im very surprised people havent been stocking up on him, though as of late I have seen his prices rising ( some cards almost 50% increase within a few months )

Like the above posts state, there are many reasons .... but IMO its Eakins giving a talented offensive player 3rd and 4th line minutes. Way to screw up development .... looking at the stats, all their offensive players took a hit ( kind of like the Vancouver situation last year ). Wrong guy behind the bench really reflects the on ice product.

Anyways, now that one of the main problems is fixed ( in both cities ) look for Yak to start contributing regularly with all that young talent around him
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

He's still selling too high imo....

Way better players selling for pennies...
    He'd be so much a year ago if not for mackinnon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

I'm pretty sure I heard he's kind of an A Hole also. Same issue here in Buffalo with Grigorenko. I was thrilled when Buffalo picked him up, but now, won't touch his cards for any price. More about the fame and money instead of love of the game and excellence. Wouldn't be surprised if they were both gone in a few years.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (38)
    Country
    See golgo*13's Items on eBay

Maybe a good short term investment, but proceed with caution because the KHL will try and lure him back to play with more dough than any NHL team will offer tax free. Think most recently Burmistrov, Radulov, Kovy although I'm sure Ilya still has a couple collectors out there. I'm sure their values tanked quite a bit......not sure because I never collected them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So since I started this post I decided to gamble and take advantage of the low prices before the start of the season. Im hoping he has a turn around season not only for me haha but for himself he's got the potential to be one of the best. So here is a list of what I have picked up so far along with what I payed and comparing to previous sales I've done good so far. All prices havE shippig included and are in canadian. Comments and thoughts are welcome :
    Sp authentic future watch auto- 40
    Sp authentic future watch auto- 46$
    sp authentic future watch auto- 47
    Spx retro auto rookie - 23
    Luxury suite rookie jsy/auto- 32
    Trilogy rookie auto /399- 46
    trilogy rookie auto /399- 35
    trilogy rookie auto /699- 36
    Sp authentic future watch auto/patch x2 color -95
    Panini prime rookie auto/jsy /199- 41
    panimi prime rookie auto/jsy /50- 41
    Panini prime rookie auto/jsy /25- 46
    Spx rookie auto/jsy /249- 34
    spx rookie auto/jsy /249- 32
    young gun-15

Grand total of 609 for 15 cards avg of 40 bucks a card hopefully I can make something off this.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Let's face it, he play's on a terrible team, with all #1 trade picks and still nothing, I hope they trade him in the summer and he goes and becomes a great player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast