Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Stickin' It to the Man...With A Few Goalies That Is!

Heyeveryone! Yesterday I posted a few nice pieces which I added to my goaliemuseum and even though I have four new jerseys incoming at the moment, Ithought to myself...gee, I really haven't added a stick in a while. After sometalking with a fellow collector here in Edmonton, named Andrew Connors, thatchanged as I added seven, that's right, seven new sticks to the collection. Abig thanks goes to him once again for giving me a good deal on these.

The first isof a goaltender named Trevor Koenig from Edmonton, Alberta. He was largely anECHL and WCHL only guy in his career, with the exception of two games in theAHL between 1998-99 to 2004-05. His main claims to fame are scoring a goal inthe ECHL and recording one of the longest shutout streaks while at thecollegiate level. The blade has been shattered off and there is a personalizedautograph on it for someone who is not me :)

The secondone is also of a minor league only goaltender, named Mike Buzak. Hailing fromEdson, Alberta, he was a former draft pick of the St. Louis Blues in 1993, butnever saw any time in the NHL. He largely bounced between the ECHL, WCHL, andAHL between 1995-96 to 2002-03 posting competent numbers at all of those levelsbut never enough to make The Show. A notable element of the stick is the tapingstyle which is unlike any I have seen yet. The entire paddle of the stick iscovered in a clear packaging type like material, but puck marks are on top ofit meaning that this was done prior to its use.

The next oneI thought I had figured out until I took it home. I was under the impressionthat it was a Rich Parent St. Louis Blues era game used stick until I picked itup and realized that it was a right-hand catcher's stick, and Parent wasdefinitely a lefty. After realizing I was wrong, I am now confused. The onlyclues to the player I have are the colors on the stick implying a team, the erabetween 1995-2004 as a reference because the other sticks came from there, hisautograph on the paddle, and the only two unfaded letters on the name bar being"R" and "O". Still a nice piece and it would be neat tosolve the mystery.

The next oneis of a former NHL player and based on the brand of stick it was from hisPhiladelphia era, and not his Phoenix of minor league era. The player, Robert Esche.Hailing from the United States, Esche was drafted 139th overall by Phoenix in1996, and made his NHL debut on February 20, 1999. He remained with the Coyotesuntil 2002-03, when he was traded to the Philadelphia Flyers in the deal thatsaw Brian Boucher go to the Coyotes. His NHL career lasted until the 2006-07season when he posted some of the weakest numbers of his career. In a 186 gameNHL career, Esche posted a 78-64-16 record with 10 shutouts, a 2.75GAA and a0.899% save average to go along with a 13-11 playoff record. The stick picturedhere was most likely used while he was a member of the Flyers between 2002-04.

And finally,we have a threefer. That's right, three game used sticks belonging to a formerNHL player named Scott Langkow (and yes, he is related to Daymond Langkow).Another player hailing from Edmonton, Alberta, Langkow was drafted 31st overallby Winnipeg in 1993 and played a single game with them 1995-96. He then playedhis next four NHL games between 1997-98 and 1998-99 as a member of the Coyotes,and got in a decent amount of games (15) as backup goaltender on the AtlantaThrashers in 1999-00. In his 20 career NHL games, he recorded a 3-12-1 recordwith a 4.33 GAA and a 0.857% save average. Of course, not to mention, he had along career in the AHL, IHL, and ECHL as well. The sticks are very nice andshow a lot of interesting experimentation with taping style, though exactlywhich era of his career these are from is difficult to ascertain.

There you goand stay tuned until my next big mail day!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Another show and tell that fast Bruce... I'm now officially waiting for the day you start doing two + show and tells a day. At the rate you have been going lately I expect by the start of October that will be a reality.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Should be one more show featuring four jerseys this coming week...

Would be nice to get that many show and tells. If I won the lottery, you bet that wold be reality and the museum would be just for fun to show off after I retire from work.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Glad I could add these to your Museum Bruce! Hoping you figure out that other one, maybe try posting the auto around, it is very nice and clear, hopefully someone can pick up on it!