Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Won a winning box of 13-14 Contenders from The Knight's Lance!

Over the last few months (8 or so I'd say), whenever I'm bored or in the mood for a cheer up, I've headed over to The Knight's Lance website (Panini's sneak-peek blog site) to check out new products and box breaks.

There's lots of products that are previewed in Hockey/Football/Basketball/Baseball and the even run promotions/contests! I participated in a contest where you had to watch the video and name the last auto pulled as well as leave a story about your favourite Panini moment of the year. Mine was twofold as the moment involved special pulls with each of my boys.

The first was pulling a Mackinnon Auto Rookie Patches /99 from Anthology with my 8 year old, and the second was pulling a Ronaldo auto out of Prizm World Cup with my 6 year old.

Anyway we were one of 5 lucky winners to get a box. I wasn't even sure if Canadians were allowed to participate but my box arrived a few days ago while I was working in Switzerland. Got back last night and the boys and I divvied up the packs. There was one super thick pack which we decided we'd leave to the end. The boys each got 6 packs and I got 5. I told them that anything we got in the box was bonus as it was free, and that whoever had the worst hits could open the last pack. Turned out to be an incredible box and the person with the worst hit had a Rookie patch auto.

My youngest had the first hit and the "worst" hits so he got the thick pack.

He hit these 2:

and the thick pack yielded:

So he was already at 6 autos including one patch (which he was thrilled about)!

I had only one hit but it's one I was hoping to pull in some of the boxes I've opened:

Front:

Back:

Great card! That brought the total of autos to 12 which made me think we weren't going to see many other hits. I was wrong.

My oldest son who's always lucky and has pulled multiple Mackinnon's this year kept his hot hand going. Didn't hit a Mackinnon but........

His first hit was :

And from a pack that I thought was probably a decoy he topped off this doozy of a box with none other than #87 himself:

I was floored by this box. A booklet /99, a sixes auto, an RPA /100 and another Patch auto /25. I've seen people trash this product and it hasn't been my experience at all this year. I think it's a really fun break.

Thanks to Vegaspuck (Chris) for all his hard work on The Knight's Lance and elsewhere, and for making myself and my little collector's very, very happy!

As always, comments are welcome/appreciated. My oldest wants to redeem the Crosby, so that's what we'll do! The other's could be available FT for Rielly in the right deal.

Best of luck in your breaks and bring on Prime!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats a awesome free box! congrats

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

Wow. What an amazing box. Congrats!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stanleycuphoister's Items on eBay

Wow...unreal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See teduncan12's Items on eBay

Congrats

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Congrats, sick box. Your worst card was better than the best card I pulled from two boxes. That's the way Contenders breaks, though!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Wow, it was loaded!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Wow wow wow wow.....wow

Oh....and wow!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

That's awesome!! Congrats to you and your boys....what a great box!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

WHAT What
    amazing dude=]
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast