Results 1 to 2 of 2
07-29-2014, 04:06 PM #1
SCF Official Review: 2014 Topps Allen And Ginter
First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box.
24 packs per box
8 cards per pack
Current Retail Price (online): $99.99 - $114.99
350 veterans, rookies, retired stars, public figures, and non-baseball champions. The last 50 card numbers are short-printed and inserted 1:2 packs.
MINI PARALLEL CARDS (350)
- Mini Parallel - Original-sized versions of the base cards.
- Allen & Ginter Back - Featuring an Allen & Ginter logo back.
- Allen & Ginter Black-Bordered
- Allen & Ginter No Number - Limited to 50.
- Allen & Ginter Flag Back - Featuring a specially created parallel back and hand-numbered to 25.
- Allen & Ginter Wood - Hand-numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
- NEW! Allen & Ginter Metal - Printed on actual metal stock. Sequentially numbered. HOBBY ONLY
- Printing Plates - Featuring all four plates used to print every mini parallel and mini exclusive card. Framed and numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
- Allen & Ginter Cloth Cards - A partial parallel featuring 150 base cards printed on cloth and framed. Sequentially numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY
- Allen & Ginter Autographs Framed mini cards featuring on-card autographs from MLB superstars, both active and retired, and over 30 other athletes, champions, and personalities.
- Cut Signatures 20 cards featuring authentic cut signatures of political and historical figures. Numbered 1 of 1.
- Allen & Ginter Book Cards 50 book cards featuring two players and two autographs, two relics, or an autograph and a relic. Numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY
RIP CARDS (Hobby Only)
100 cards featuring active and retired MLB stars, sequentially numbered and HOBBY ONLY. Keep it or RIP it? The choice is yours. If you rip it, inside you'll find one of the following:
- Artist's Originals 30 actual, original, 1 of 1 paintings on the mini card, only found in Rip Cards.
- Allen & Ginter Red Autographs On-card autographs from some of the autograph subjects, signed in red and hand-numbered in red to 10.
- Allen & Ginter Mini Exclusives 50 cards numbered 351-400 and found only in Rip Cards. These are mini-card variations of players' base cards.
- Allen & Ginter Mini Wood Exclusives A wood parallel of the mini exclusives. Numbered 1 of 1.
- NEW! Allen & Ginter Mini Metal Exclusives A metal parallel of the mini exclusives. Numbered.
And returning this year: DOUBLE RIP CARDS!
These limited edition RIP cards can be ripped on both sides! Inside, you'll find one of the above inserts or, available ONLY in Double RIP cards:
- Famous Firsts 50 literally one-of-a-kind cards, featuring famous firsts from throughout history. There are no parallels or other versions of these cards - they are truly unique! Numbered 1/1.
- Mini Rip Cards How deep does the rabbit hole go? 20 different Mini Rip Cards can be found inside Double Rip Cards. Inside these Mini Rip Cards are an exclusive mini mini parallel or a redemption for a set of framed mini relic cards!
DOUBLE RIP CARDS (Hobby Only)
New this year: DOUBLE RIP CARDS!
These limited edition RIP cards can be ripped on both sides! Numbered to 10. Inside, you'll find one of the above inserts or, available ONLY in Double RIP cards.
- One of a Kind: 50 literally one-of-a-kind cards, featuring firsts and unique items. There are no parallels or other versions of these cards - they are truly unique! Numbered 1/1.
- Allen & Ginter Relics Once again, Allen & Ginter will feature three different relic card designs! Two will be framed mini cards featuring relics from over 50 MLB superstars, both active and retired, and all the other athletes and champions; and one will be a standard-sized relic card, featuring more MLB superstars, both active and retired. No box will contain two of the same relic design.
- Allen & Ginter DNA Relics 4 framed mini cards including a strand of hair from a historical figure. Numbered 1 of 1.
- Allen & Ginter Oddity Relics Framed relic cards featuring odd and unique relic pieces.
- NEW! Allen & Ginter Pop Star Relics 10 book cards featuring a relic and a pop-up book style image of a player. Numbered to 25.
- NEW! The Amateur Osteologist Cards featuring the actual skeleton of an animal. Numbered 1/1. HOBBY ONLY
- Allen & Ginter Framed Originals 100 framed original Allen & Ginter buybacks. Numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
- The Pastime's Pastimes 100 cards focusing on MLB stars and what they enjoy doing away from the diamond. 1:2 packs. All other full-sized inserts are a combined 1:2 packs.
- The World's Capitals 10 cards featuring the world's most beautiful capitol cities.
- Air Supremacy 20 cards featuring marvels of aviation technology.
- Fields of Yore 10 cards celebrating stadiums of the past.
- Natural Wonder 20 cards celebrating some of the world's most unique locales.
- Festivals and Fairs 10 cards recognizing some of the most well-known festivals from cultures around the world
MINI INSERTS - Overall insertion rate for mini inserts is 1:5 packs.
- Overall insertion rate for mini inserts is 1:5 packs.
- Into the Unknown 15 cards celebrating great explorers.
- World's Deadliest Predators 21 cards featuring the deadliest creatures on the planet.
- Where Nature Ends 25 cards recognizing some of the greatest artists in history.
- Larger Than Life 10 cards featuring legendary figures and folk heroes.
- Little Lions 15 cards featuring man's other best friend - cats.
BOX LOADERS (Hobby Only)
- Box Loader Inserts - An all-new style for the box loader inserts.
- Box Loader Relics - Hand numbered to 25.
- Box Loader Autographs - Hand numbered to 15.
- Box Loader Autographed Relics - Hand numbered to 5.
- Box Loader Cut Signatures - Hand numbered 1/1. Landmarks and Monuments Cabinet Box Loaders Cabinet-sized cards featuring stunning sites from around the world.
- Over-sized Reprints Cabinet Box Loaders Cabinet-sized cards featuring reprints of 10 superstars' base cards.
- Cabinet Relics 10 cabinet-card-sized box loaders featuring relics you can't find anywhere else - full jersey pieces featuring player's name or number. Numbered 1 of 1.
- Cabinet Book Relics 10 more cabinet-card-sized box loaders featuring relics you can't find anywhere else - full jersey pieces featuring player's name or number - and this time they're book cards, featuring two full relics! Numbered 1 of 1.
- NEW! Mini Parallel Pack New for 2014, an exclusive mini pack featuring red mini parallel cards of the full base set sequentially numbered to 50, as well as randomly inserted redemptions for a full set of one of the framed mini relic sets! 1 per case.
WHAT WE PULLED
Box Topper: Landmarks & Monuments Liberty Bell
Base: 126/300 (42%)
SPs: 12/50 (24%)
Minis A&G Back (5)
Minis Black Border (4)
Into The Unknown (1)
Larger Than Life (1)
Little Lions (1)
Where Nature Ends (1)
World's Deadliest Predators (1)
Air Supremacy (4)
Festivals & Fairs (1)
Fields Of Yore (2)
Natural Wonders (2)
Pastime's Pastimes (12)
World's Capitals (3)
Pedro Alvarez Jersey
Cole Hamels Jersey
Yu Darvish Mini Framed Jersey
Base - 3.75/5
Design - 3.75/5
Fun - 3.5/5
Value - 3/5
Rebuy - 3.5/5
Overall - 17.5/25 (70%)
Allen & Ginter returns for its ninth year in the Topps lineup. While it is popular among collectors, I can't help but feel let down by it. Perhaps I have tired on the throwback sets, but this just feels like the same thing over and over again. The excitement is lost as it feels commonplace now, coupled with the debacle of the oversized 1/1s inside the box lids last year. But back to the matter at hand. Allen and Ginter has a massive (in today's time) 350-card base set. The last 50 cards are short prints and fall 1:2 packs. The set not only showcases many of the top players in baseball, but stars from other sports, media platforms and a litany of categories to long to list as well. How often will you see Queen Victoria, the reigning Miss USA and The Iron Sheik all in the same set? The basic design remains the same with a calligraphic look to the letters. Each card has mini parallels, seven to be exact. Aside from the three above, there are No Numbers /50, Flag Backs /25, Wood 1/1 and Metal 1/1. In addition, 150 subjects get the Cloth treatment as their picture appears on a piece of cloth that has been encased. These are numbered to 10.
Insert seekers rejoice! There are a variety of inserts (mini and full sized) in Allen And Ginter (way too many to list). Looking for a challenge? Attempt to put together the Athletic Endeavors and Urban Fauna sets. These appear 1:288 packs, basically 1 per case. Each pack of Allen And Ginter will contain one mini (parallel or insert) and one full-sized insert.
Each hobby box of Allen And Ginter will yield three of the following in some combination: Relics, Autographs, Rip Cards, Printing Plates and Booklets. Yes! The Rip Cards are back. And just like last year, the Double Rip Cards make an appearance. Rip Cards can be left alone or torn open to reveal a mini card inside. For the regular ones, you could get a Mini Exclusive (cards numbered 351-400 to extend the base set), Mini Wood (parallel version of the Exclusives, numbered 1/1), Red Autographs (signed in red ink and numbered to 10) or Artist's Originals (Paintings in mini form and numbered 1/1). The Dual Rip Cards allow you to open up both sides for twice the fun. One side will feature one of the cards listed previously, while the other will house either a Famous Firsts 50 (historical famous firsts numbered 1/1) or another mini card that can be ripped open. Those will yield either another exclusive mini or a redemption for a full set of mini relics. Relics and Autographs are of your typical variety with some chase sets such as Cut Signatures and Booklet (which will feature either an individual players or two players). The two big chase series are Framed Originals 100 (framed original Allen And Ginter buybacks) and The Amateur Osteologist Cards (an actual skeleton of an animal). Both sets are 1/1s. With all the possibilities, disappointment will kick in if you get the dreaded box with just three basic relics. But that never happens, does it?
NPN 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter BB
PO Box 2008
Duryea, PA 18642
Limit 1 Request Per Household
Postmarked By: 10/8/14
Received By: 10/15/14
Canada Skills: 12 x 5 + 11 - 8 = ?
Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visiti them today at www.topps.com.
Base and inserts are available for request. Please PM me with the card or cards of interest, along with card numbers for base. Cards will remain available for 30 days from the time this review is posted. As always, only VIP members may make a request for the first 48 hours.Hidden Content - Receive your choice of 2,000 card cash or a random free card from the SCF CC Store (your team/sport of choice) when you buy a box (prize boxes not included).
Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity
Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 103/271 (38.0%)
***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***
07-29-2014, 06:41 PM #2
They look nice but 3 baseball game used in a box of A&G isn't very excitingTrade Bucket: Hidden Content