Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Emails show ex-IRS official Lerner using derogatory terms for Republicans

House Republicans have dug up emails from Lois Lerner in which the former IRS official refers to some in the Republican Party as “---holes” and "crazies" – an exchange they say shows her “animus” toward conservatives.

The November 2012 emails were released Wednesday by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., as part of his renewed call for the Justice Department to appoint a special counsel to investigate. Lerner is the ex-IRS official who led the unit accused of targeting conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status for extra scrutiny.

In the email exchange, Lerner appears to be chatting with another unidentified individual about a vacation in Great Britain. She describes how she overheard “some ladies” talking about how America is “going down the tubes.”

The person she tells this to responds that “you should hear the whacko wing of the GOP. The US is through; too many foreigners sucking the teat; time to hunker down, buy ammo and food, and prepare for the end. The right wing radio shows are scary to listen to.”
    Lerner responds: “Great. Maybe we are through if there are that many ---holes.”

After another email to her about how “rabid” the radio show callers are, Lerner responds: “So we don't need to worry about alien teRrorists. (sic) It's our own crazies that will take us down.”

The emails are being used by Camp to make the case that Lerner had a bias against conservatives – something congressional Republicans have long suggested as they push for the Justice Department to get more involved in reviewing the IRS scandal, and Lerner herself.

“In light of this new information, I hope DOJ will aggressively pursue this case and finally appoint a special counsel, so the full truth can be revealed and justice is served,” Camp said in a statement.

Camp and other GOP committee leaders have been after the IRS lately over the agency’s admission that it lost a trove of Lerner emails due to an apparent computer crash.

Incidentally, a separate email chain from February 2012 released by Camp details another problem with her home computer. Camp claims the emails show Lerner may have kept work information on that home computer, raising concerns that taxpayer information may have been compromised. It’s not clear from the email exchange, however, whether that is the case.

In the November chain, Lerner also makes an off-color comment about class.

She describes visiting an “Edwardian English village” full of large houses -- “which have been ruined by letting the hoi paloi live there!” (Hoi polloi is a term for common people.)

“These people have ruined everything with their equality push!” she writes.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Mad props to Dave Camp. Good to know we have people actually doing their job in office. Lois Lerner has no place in our government.

Dave Camp's office is right down the road from where I work.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have a serious question.

If conservatives aren't Republicans and Republicans aren't conservatives, as I've been told many times, how is calling Republicans names saying anything about her view of conservatives?

Either they're not the same thing and this is stupid reasoning, or they are the same thing and all the self proclaimed conservatives here are damn dirty liars. Which is it?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a serious question.

If conservatives aren't Republicans and Republicans aren't conservatives, as I've been told many times, how is calling Republicans names saying anything about her view of conservatives?

Either they're not the same thing and this is stupid reasoning, or they are the same thing and all the self proclaimed conservatives here are damn dirty liars. Which is it?

I don't know who told you that, but as a general rule Republicans are conservatives. I think what you are misconstruing is the statement by others like myself who have conservative values, but do not adhere to Republican ideals. For example, I am a conservative, however I support the legalization of marijuana, something that is not a Republican ideal. I also support a flat tax with zero credits, breaks or refunds, another concept that is neither Republican nor Democrat. In essence, a person can be conservative without being Republican, however I have never know a Republican that was not generally conservative in ideals.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You told me that, Duane. You're a conservative, not a Republican. They're different things.

You told me that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You told me that, Duane. You're a conservative, not a Republican. They're different things.

You told me that.

You will have to show me where I said that Republicans and conservatives are different. I don't recall ever saying that verbatim. My guess is you called me a Republican and I said that I am a conservative, not a Republican, which is true.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

most republicans are conservative, most democrats are liberal. you can be a Democrat and be conservative, they are referred to as "blue dogs". You can be a republican and be liberal, they are called Rinos.

you can also be liberal without party affiliation and conservative without party affiliation.

so they can be different or the same.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You will have to show me where I said that Republicans and conservatives are different. I don't recall ever saying that verbatim. My guess is you called me a Republican and I said that I am a conservative, not a Republican, which is true.

So if I call you a Republican right now you're not going to get offended and tell me you're conservative not Republican like you do almost every time I call you a Republican?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So if I call you a Republican right now you're not going to get offended and tell me you're conservative not Republican like you do almost every time I call you a Republican?

I don't get offended, I simply explain how you are wrong. My voter registration card very clearly says that I am a registered Independent and it has said so for 12 years. I have no party affiliation. Calling me a Republican would be pointless because I am neither part of the Republican party nor do I vote exclusively Republican. I even turned down an invitation to join the local Young Republicans group in my area. In fact, in the last election I voted about 50/50 between the two parties and as I have said on here numerous times, in 2008 I had every intention of voting for Hilary Clinton. Because some of my political beliefs align with the Republican party and I am not one of the sheeple that whole-heartedly buys into the Obamafanboy mentality doesn't make me a Republican, it makes me smarter than the average liberal.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You're right. I agree. That doesn't make you a Republican any more than hating today's Republican party makes me a Democrat.

The fact you glom onto Republican issues and use Republican talking points and arguments almost exclusively makes you a Republican. I don't care what any card says.

I've told you this before. Many times. Your memory can't actually be this bad. Stop acting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast