Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Opinions on value (unfilled redemption)

So I've been waiting for over a year on a 2011 The Cup Programme of Excellence dual auto of Jonathan Toews and Rick Nash /5. I'd really like the card for my collection, but I'm skeptical that it will ever see the light of day given that it's been two years since the product was released, and both players have signed a lot of product since that time.

Anyway, I've contacted Upper Deck and they're offered to start the replacement process - asking me to list some players/teams that I collect. I'm just wondering, what kind of dollar value would you put on the Nash/Toews? I want to make sure I get a fair return, but I'm also biased in that I collect Toews and likely value his stuff more than an objective observer.

Thoughts on value?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A cursory glance through eBay and I say this...

His Programme of Excellence cards /10, on their own, are easy $150 SV cards. Possibly close to $200SV.

There's a sole completed sale of a dual card with Toews and Phil Esposito that sold for $180.

I would say that Nash > Esposito among modern collectors. Not necessarily by much, given how low some of Nash's solo cards are doing these days.

But I'd be putting in for something of at least $200 in SV. Be specific if you can. It looks like Toews has a lot of his other Cup cards out there so see if you can fetch yourself a real beauty of an auto patch card from Cup. Or if you know that other high-end cards of his in the past have been replacements, and would now be expired, see if there is any existing stock left.

Good luck.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Super nice card to be missing out on ..... if it never gets released, then thats life ..... but how POed would you be if it happened to surface a year or so down the road, after youve settled for your replacement.

As per value, id say somewhere in the $200 - $250 range. It would have to be something from The Cup .... and make it have to be something you need.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I agree with $200 SV and that it should be something from The Cup that replaces it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (24)
    Country
    See jesus_lives2011's Items on eBay

Just a heads-up for you when you go to make a request for replacement, I believe UD still uses Beckett values for cards (for some unknown reason). If you ask for a $200 card, you will get $200 BV, instead of the $200 SV you're after.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Actually from my experience with replacements they will use Terapeak for completed ebay listings for value.If there is no completed listings not sure what they will use.
    Be sure to tell them you only want something from The Cup and the Cup only or you may end up with some other brand you do not wish.
    $200 value seams about right but if there is a completed listing for $180 that is what they will use.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just an update with a good ending - I took your advice and decided to wait longer, and the wait didn't prove long as this one showed up in the mail today:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome !!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good for you... I'm currently waiting for Cup Crosby Tribute Allen Iverson Auto /10 since March, so there might be hope.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sweet card, congrats!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast