Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

A patch gets put in upside down once in a while, doesn't mean they all are...

SCF Rewards
    Country

A patch gets put in upside down once in a while, doesn't mean they all are...

Didnt say they all were, but its 1 major difference between 13/14 Prime and 12/13 Prime. I have seen quite a few upside down sets, where as in 12/13, from what I remember, they were all placed the right way.

Pretty easy to tell which way the patch goes on these cards though. A quick 5 second look at the logo and the patch piece, and its a sure thing. It doesnt really matter, the placement of most patches, but with the Prime Colors its very important IMO.

Havent seen another Bure skate logo yet, but lets hope they are all the same way ( im sure they are all upside down )

If mine didnt fit together, theres no way id drop the amount of $ on these as I did. If 1 of the patches is upside down, and the others are right side up .... I think that would make me pass on them all together

*** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Still an awesome looking patch and really unless you have all 23 of them it shouldn't be a big deal. Even though I don't collect newer stuff, I think Panini did an awesome job on this set!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

There were patches placed upside down last year also. Go back to Panini's blog preview posts, there are some photos of the complete sets of a logo laid together and if you look close at the borders some are upside down. The people putting the patch pieces into the cards don't necessarily know much about how team logos look or the correct orientations, especially if the patch doesn't leave you a lot of reference points to figure out the right way to put it.

Personally, my OCD leads me to avoid upside down patches also so I understand how it can be irksome. That said I understand the logistics of putting these cards together can lead to honest mistakes. It's not like there are blatantly wrong patch pieces from a team he never played for or anything like that.

EDIT:

Link: http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ockey-gallery/
    Last edited by Inferno; 08-07-2014 at 09:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

Good eye! Nice placement on the logo ...... Panini should have made these cards right side up .... seems like they rushed out the Prime Colors sets

DOn't like it when it happens too, but given that the assemblers are likely not hockey fans... this is what happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can totally understand if the assembler gets a Ziploc bag full of loose pieces that it'd be time consuming to go through and line them up with a photo of the relevant logo... wondering though why when they're cutting the logos to begin with why they don't take the few seconds to just stack them all facing the same way, put a rubber band around them with a post-it note that says "This way up" before they hand it off to the assembler, seems like it shouldn't be that hard. I really love these cards, having the eye of the whale for Danny, and the teeth of the whale for Hank is pretty cool, just too bad the teeth are upside down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Been noticing a couple upside down ones this year but I can completely see why. These were probably cut up a good month if not longer before the cards were made so the cut up pieces probably just sat in a box or a bag in a warehouse. When it came time t put the cards together the assembly crew just pulled out pieces and slapped them in the cards to the best of their ability without seeing a full logo. It would be pretty easy for a person not familiar with NHL logos to get a piece upside down.

I notice that this Byfuglien is upside down:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-PRIME-...item43cd398f07

I already bought the other two patches you see pasted on the thrasher logo above, wish I had realized the 3rd one was upside down because I probably wouldn't have bought the first 2 but now theres not really much I can do.

Also don't ask why I'm buying Byfuglien, I haven't really figured that one out myself lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

Is that bure a real patch though? Game used? Or manufactured like other cards from this product?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12