Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Well, we had some concerns as to whether or not last nights game was even going to be played. It has been raining every day here for about the last week & a half. Our reservoir is nearly overflowing & we are under frequent flood alerts & this day would be no different. My wife & I took off early for Fort Wayne to attend Ribfest to enjoy some BBQ before heading to the stadium & we were fortunate that there were some seats still available under the pavilion so we could at least get out of the rain long enough to be able to eat.

Luckily it had let up before we left there for the ballpark & it stayed dry for the remainder of the evening. It was Star Wars night at Parkview Field & the Empire was out in full force around the park!

My boys would've absolutely loved it at the ballpark tonight, as they are both big Star Wars fans & I must admit that it was a favorite movie of mine as well. We had our usual seats next to the visitors dugout tonight & the guys on the Bowling Green Hot Rods were really good signers at the beginning of the night. Here's how I did:

Manager - Reinaldo Ruiz

C - Mac James
    2B - Riley Unroe
    P - Greg Harris
    2B - Jace Conrad
    OF - Bralin Jackson

SS - Cristian Toribio
    OF - Hunter Lockwood

C - Nick Ciuffo
    C - Sean Smedley
    P - Damion Carroll
    P - Hunter Wood
    P - Hyrun Formo

Pitching Coach - Bill Moloney
    1B - Casey Gillaspie
    2B - Grant Kay
    SS - Alec Sole
    P - Edgar Gomez

I tried to get Gillaspie to sign one of the tickets after the game since he put one out & tried for the line-up card, but since the TinCaps won the game, they knocked the Hot Rods out from making the Playoffs for the first half of the season. So no one was in the mood to even look over into the stands.

I wanted to try & get at least something for my younger son since he was working & wasn't able to attend the game. As I made my way through the crowd I was stopped by a roaming patrol!

They informed me that I was in a restricted area & decided to take me as prisoner to see Lord Vader! When we got there, I explained to him that I was just trying to get something for my son. He used the power of the Force to retrieve a baseball that I had in my backpack along with the pen that I always carry! Next thing I know, he's signing the ball!

He handed it back to me with the understanding that it is for my son & should I decide to keep it for myself that he would know! My son was awake when we got home & he absolutely loved it! Lord Vader even inscribed the ball for him!

So that brings my 2015 totals to:
    323 autographs
    3 line-up cards
    4 balls (3-gu, 1-bp)
    1 bat
    2 jerseys

Next game for us is tomorrow as long as the rain holds off! TinCaps vs. Hot Rods on Father's Day! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by yazfan71; 07-02-2015 at 01:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My only wish for today at the ballpark would've been that my kids would've been able to attend the game with us. Other than that I had a great day for Fathers Day! Bowling Green was in town again to face the TinCaps, & so far this series, the TinCaps have their number! They won the game today 3-2. The team was wearing their San Diego Padres jerseys that they were giving away via a random drawing to any fathers that were in attendance, but unfortunately I didn't get to bring one of those home.

We didn't sit in our usual seats either, so no autographs from the visiting team. Lord knows I have quite a few things that I need to get caught up on getting signed by the home team anyway & the best part was is that the team was going to be out on the field after the game signing for fans today!

As it turned out I was only able to get one signature pregame:

I love the look of the new team set & I think the green ink really looks good on there! I had one card in particular that I just recently picked up here on the site that I really wanted to get signed...a 1972 Topps #61 Burt Hooten RC! But, when Burt walked out of the tunnel he told me that he had to go to work now & didn't have time to sign for me. A few others that were graphing told me that he never signs, but I knew better. I don't give up that easy!

As it so happens this was the final game before the MWL All-Star Break, & the TinCaps only have 2 players going this year & wouldn't you know it, I was in the right place at the right time to snag this from one of our All-Stars:

The crack is not bad at all on this & it will display nicely! I'm almost thinking about trying for the starting 9 cracked bat collection!

Well, the game ended & the winners of the jerseys were out on the field getting their prizes when I saw Mr. Hooten walking off the field, so I figured I'd try again. So glad I did!

Where were those guys now that told me he doesn't sign! Unfortunately by waiting to get this signed the line to go down onto the field for postgame signatures was a mile long. This was worth it though!

My wife didn't want to go down on the field today as it was just so hot at the stadium today. So she headed out to the truck, while I waited in line. I finally get down to the field & am 2 people away from getting to the first player when all of a sudden a line of people comes in from another direction to start getting signatures. Ten minutes later I finally get to the first player & I got him to sign a couple of programs that he was on from a game that we attended earlier in the year:

Now, if there is one thing I know about Franmil, it is that he will sign everything you hand him, as he just loves pleasing the fans, and even though I still had his card from the team set that needed signed, I just couldn't bring myself to hold up the people that were behind me any longer than we were already held up, so I left it at these two. By now, it's getting a little late in the day & we still had plans to have a cookout with my boys so I called it quits & headed out. I could've gotten more, but am happy with what I got. I've never been greedy or in a rush. I figure if I miss out on getting a signature than it wasn't meant to be.

328 autographs
    3 line-up cards
    4 balls (3-gu, 1-bp)
    2 bats
    2 jerseys

Next game for us is June 29th, TinCaps vs. Hot Rods with a special appearance by HOF Pitcher Rollie Fingers! Wish me luck!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know this is a little late, but after getting home from an extremely exciting game Monday night & then having to be up for work at 4am the next morning, to say I was just a tad bit tired after work last night would be an understatement!

Anyhow, Monday nights game between the Fort Wayne TinCaps & Bowling Green Hot Rods was an absolute nailbiter! The TinCaps ended up winning 2-0, but Bowling Green had the base loaded in the 9th with only 1 out& it looked as if the pitcher was going to actually walk in a run for the Hot Rods! Add to all of that, the fact that HOF Pitcher, Rollie Fingers was in the house & you've got the makings of a great night!

To start things off, some of you may know SCF member & latest phenom to grace the cover of Beckett Baseball Monthly, Mouschi! Well, he went & got himself a mustache & we're not talking about some run of the mill 5 o'clock shadow that you could put some milk on & let the cat lick off. No my friends, we're talking about one you could tell your grandkids about! Well, when he first posted a picture of his new look, the first person I thought of was Rollie Fingers. I knew that Mr. Fingers was going to make an appearance at Parkview Field & I knew I would be attending the game. So I threw the offer out to our resident celebrity to see if he wished to make a custom card to have him sign. What I got in the mail a week later was truly a work of art! I've got a few customs & I have to say that this thing was absolutely beautiful & if I didn't know better would swear it came from a major manufacturer & I've been in the printing industry for 25 years.

Anyway, I made sure that we got to the game early as I remember how long the line was last year when Bill Buckner was in attendance & I wanted to make sure that we were able to get the signatures early in case his mood changed throughout the evening, as was the case with Buckner. The forecast was calling for rain so I was really hoping that the event wouldn't get cancelled altogether, especially since I had taken a vacation day from work just to attend. When the gates opened, not only were my wife & I the first 2 in line, but the rain held off almost entirely!

Since the signing didn't start until 6 & the gates opened at 5:35, we had a little wait, but being first in line I got a chance to talk to the VP from the stadium that was there to get items ready for Rollie to sign. He asked me what I had & I handed him the card. As he started looking over it, he made the comment that he hadn't seen this card before & asked where I got it. So I started to explain to him the story of how it came to be. He then looked to my wife & asked her what she had, so she handed him a ROMLB that I had brought for another SCF member, BSEBALLCOMMISH75. He then looked at me & asked, "You brought 2 items for other people that are out-of-state to get signed & didn't bring anything for yourself?" I told him that I figured it was a "1 per" signing & these 2 items needed to get signed. He then asked me if I had anything else for Mr. Fingers to sign & luckily I did bring the bullpen session ball that we had gotten earlier this season, which was also a ROMLB. He then told me to put it on the table & he'd make sure that it got signed. Well, about that time Mr. Fingers walked out to the table & before he could even sit down the VP looks at him & says, "Rollie, this guy has got a story for you!" So I quickly go through everything, so I don't make 1000 enemies that are standing behind me in line so I can present to you the World Premier of the first ever, 'Stache Brothers Dual Signature card!

And don't worry, that little bit of sprinkle never touched the card, it was in a penny sleeve, top loader & team bag! This next shot is the best I could get of Mr. Fingers actually signing the card.

Here is the ball that was signed for BSEBALLCOMMISH75:

And finally, one for me!

The only thing that would've made this experience more memorable is if they'd have asked him to pitch in the game! But we did get a 'First Pitch' from him.

Yep, he's still got it! And if you're wondering why there aren't that many people in the lawn area, it's because they were still in line waiting for him to come back & sign!

I was also able to pick up some signatures from a couple of the Hot Rods.

OF - Justin Williams (Pregame signature since I missed him the last time they were in town.)

C - Nick Ciuffo (Obtained after the game, Nick was the only one that would acknowledge anyone after the loss.)

334 autographs
    3 line-up cards
    4 balls (3-gu, 1-bp)
    2 bats
    2 jerseys

Right now I'm hoping that our next game will be July 10th as I really want one of the jerseys that the TinCaps will be wearing that evening. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by yazfan71; 07-02-2015 at 01:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That custom card is awesome!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That custom card is awesome!!!!

Yes it is! Mouschi does an amazing job on making cards!

We ended up getting invited to several 4th of July cookouts, so I didn't make it to the game yesterday. Which is fine with me, as my wife let me go today instead when it wasn't as crowded plus the TinCaps were doing their postgame autograph signing out on the field & I always enjoy those!

Dayton was in town this weekend & for those of you that have been keeping up with this thread will remember, I missed out on getting Tom Browning's signature. That was not the case today, although I am glad that I was able to get it done pregame as I really thought he was going to end up getting himself ejected in the bottom of the 8th.

Anyway, here's my haul from the game:

Pitching Coach - Tom Browning on a Reds HOF 50th Anniversary cap. It was nice being able to talk to him a bit about how he threw the Reds 1st ever perfect game on my birthday. I found out that 9/16 is also his mother's birthday as well!

3B - Gavin LaValley - top ticket (pregame)
    OF - Argenis Aldazoro - bottom ticket (postgame)
    SS - Luis Gonzalez - Red Heads ball (Asked him to SS it, but he hit the side panel instead)

I was hoping to get the lineup card or a cracked bat, but apparently Dayton has to keep their bats & the coaches weren't stopping for anyone after losing the game 5-2. So I headed over to get into line for the TinCaps autograph session. There were a bunch of people already in line, but I was determined not to be run off by the kids cutting in line everywhere.

Francy Cordero, Franmil Reyes & Nick Torres signed 2015 TinCaps team set cards.

I'll go down each row starting on the left
    Luis Tejada
    Felipe Blanco
    Edwin Moreno
    Michael Kelly
    Chris Huffman
    T.J. Weir
    Taylor Cox
    Ernesto Montas
    Mitch Morales
    Colby Blueberg

SS - Ruddy Giron on a game used Midwest League ball.

352 autographs
    3 line-up cards
    4 balls (3-gu, 1-bp)
    2 bats
    2 jerseys

Still hoping to get to Friday nights game when the Great Lakes Loons will be taking on the Fort Wayne Octane for one night only! Wish me luck!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So the Great Lakes Loons were in Fort Wayne tonight to take on the first ever game of the Fort Wayne Octane! For one night only, the TinCaps were wearing the uniform of the team name that they beat out for the franchise vote before the start of the 2009 season. I must say the jerseys & caps looked pretty sweet & I was really hoping to get one, but they didn't auction them off. Instead they gave everyone scratch-off cards to see who would get one. Needless to say, we didn't win one of them. But the game was great offensively, with the Octane winning in the bottom of the 9th with a walk off bunt with the bases loaded. 8-7 Octane to go undefeated for the season!

I did manage to get but a single autograph pregame from one of the Loons that I had a card just lying around asking for some more ink on it!

Alex Verdugo 2015 Bowman #BP21

Nothing too exciting, but I was happy to get it. I wasn't sure that he was going to sign for me or not. There were a few guys ahead of me, the one guy handed over a binder with 8 cards, which Alex signed 6 of them & the next guy had a binder with 4 cards & Alex signed all 4 & then started to walk away. I asked him if he could sign one for me & that I only had the one, so he did turn back & sign it real quick. The most I've ever asked a player to sign with others around me graphing is 2 items. One, I don't want to be greedy & two, I want to make sure that the players have time to sign for everyone that is there wanting a signature. If no one else is around then I don't see the big deal, but don't monopolize the guys time when you have others around that would like a signature too! Seriously, there needs to be some etiquette shown for fellow graphers!

353 autographs
    3 line-up cards
    4 balls (3-gu, 1-bp)
    2 bats
    2 jerseys

Next game for us in next Friday when the Lake County Captains are in town. Wish me luck!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Running a little late getting this posted as these are from the TinCaps vs. Captains game on the 17th. My wife really wanted to go to Fairytale Princess Knight @ Parkview Field. I liked the jerseys that they were auctioning off but the funds just weren't available for us. Which was really hard because 10 of the jerseys didn't even get a bid!

This was also the final rehab game for Padres catcher, Tim Federowicz in Fort Wayne. I had a pair of RC's of his that I was going to try & get signed but Tim only stopped to sign for 1 person! This in itself is not that big of a deal, but he was pretty much the last person to come out & everything else that I had that I wanted signed by Captains players was on the other side of the stands where our seats were!

I did manage to add one more signature to that lineup card that I obtained earlier this season:

P - David Speer

The Captains ended up losing the game so they weren't really in a signing mood afterwards either, which really bummed me out. I was however able to stop their starting catcher from tonight's game & got him to sign a couple of items:

2015 Bowman #BP43 Francisco Mejia

I'm not sure what happened with the "F" in the signature. It almost looks as if the card was an unprepped chrome the way it turned out. I was going to try & get either Bobby Bradley or Greg Allen or perhaps even Justus Sheffield to sign this next piece, but as I said, no one really wanted to stop & sign, so I asked Francisco if he would sign it as well:

The signature came out much better on here than the card!

356 autographs
    3 line-up cards
    4 balls (3-gu, 1-bp)
    2 bats
    2 jerseys

We don't have definite plans for any other games this year as we may be relocating & we have to save for moving expenses. So if this is it for 2015 for me, I think I did pretty good with what would end up being a 1 autograph per day average. Better than last season, except on the jersey numbers as we got 3 of those last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

I love that Vader baseball!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I love that Vader baseball!

Yeah, that was quite an experience and definitely a surprise my son was not expecting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234