Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

yazfan71's IP Success Thread

So, I figured since I'm starting to acquire quite a few of these that it might be a good idea to start a thread about it. So far these have all been from Fort Wayne TinCaps games that I've attended over the last couple of weeks.

Game program from 07/27/14 signed by Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
    C - Clint Coulter (3/3, 2-2b, 1-RBI, BB, 1-SB)
    OF - Michael Ratterree (2/5, 2-2b, 1-R, 1-RBI, 1-SB)
    OF - Johnny Davis
    P - Harvey Martin
    P - Preston Gainey
    OF - Lance Roenicke.

Game program that I had signed at autograph session after the game on 07/27/14 Fort Wayne TinCap Jake Bauers.

Another game program that I had signed at autograph session after the game on 07/27/14 Fort Wayne TinCaps Fernando Perez & Franmil Reyes.

This next group of pictures is on a Rawlings OMLB1 ball signed by the greater majority of the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers on 07/28/14.

MGR Matt Erickson on SS

C - Rafael Nada
    IF - Angel Ortega
    C - Paul Eshleman
    OF - Jose Pena
    Hitting Coach - Chuckie Caufield

P - Harvey Martin
    P - Anthony Banda
    P - Clint Terry
    P - Zach Quintana
    P - Luke Curtis

OF - Omar Garcia (2/5, 1-R)
    OF - Michael Ratterree (0/3, BB, 1-R)
    IF - Dustin DeMuth (1/3, 1-3b, BB)
    IF - Steven Halcomb
    P - Preston Gainey (6.0-IP, 8K)

C - Clint Coulter
    OF - Johnny Davis
    IF - Taylor Brennan (1/4, 1-2b, 3-RBI)
    P - Chad Thompson
    P - Chris Razo

This next group of pictures is on a Rawlings OMLB1 ball signed by the greater majority of the Lake County Captains signed on 08/08/14.

P - Mitch Brown
    OF - Dorssys Paulino
    OF - Mike Papi (1/4, 2-R, 1-RBI, BB)
    IF - Paul Hendrix
    P - Carlos Melo
    P - Trevor Frank (S (12))
    OF - Torsten Boss

P - Luis Lugo
    IF - Grant Fink (2/4, 1-R, 1-HR(GS), 4-RBI)
    P - Alexis Paredes
    P - Anderson Polanco
    OF - Brian Ruiz

IF - Claudio Bautista
    C - Eric Haase (2/4, 1-2b, 1-RBI)
    P - Robbie Aviles
    IF - Nellie Rodriguez (1/3, 1-R, 2-BB)
    P - Wander Beras

P - Jimmy Stokes
    OF - Clint Frazier (2/5, 2-2b, 1-R)
    P -Jordan Milbrath
    IF - Ivan Castillo
    C -Richard Stock
    MGR - Mark Budzinski

I also picked up this nice piece from MGR Mark Budzinski after the game! Have tickets to next Friday's match-up when the Captains return to Fort Wayne for another 3 game series. Gonna try & get it signed by the lineup.

All in all, it's been a rather fun couple of weeks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice stuff so far. Look forward to seeing more!

Country
    See dbowers328's Items on eBay

Not to shabby, how did you end up getting the lineup card?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not to shabby, how did you end up getting the lineup card?

Since our seats were right there next to the dugout, I just asked the manager for it when the game was over. The ballpark always has roster sheets printed out for every game, so I make sure that I pick one up as soon as I get to the game. That way I can call them by name as they walk by. It really helped me when the Silver Hawks were in town, as their SS Andrew Velazquez was on the verge of setting a new record for consecutive games reaching base safely. He was so focused before the game that he was passing everybody by. But when he got to me I wished him a "Happy early Birthday" as it was the next day. He stopped & thanked me, so I wished him the best of luck & got him to sign the ticket from the game that he set the record. Without that sheet, I'd have never known.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So, it was a great night at the ballpark for my collection last night & I have my wife & youngest son to thank for a few of these items. I'll start off with the line-up card that I got from last weeks game...

Ivan Castillo
    Clint Frazier
    Paul Hendrix
    Mike Papi
    Nellie Rodriguez
    Dorssys Paulino
    Grant Fink
    Justin Brantley
    Trevor Frank
    Mark Budzinski
    Missed out on filling the card with the starters from the game by 4. C - Eric Haase & DH - Torsten Boss both got promoted to the Carolina Mudcats earlier in the week so they were unobtainable. Also only got 2 of the 4 pitchers that threw, but the 2 I did get got the Win & Save for the game. Did get the manager to sign it as well, so I consider this piece a definite win!

My son went over to get these signed for me while I was busy working on getting the line-up card signed.

It was a little disappointing to hear that Trea wasn't very friendly when it came to treating the people there after his signature. But, at least he did sign them. Perhaps it was due to some kids that had a half dozen or more items for him to sign. Although you'd think he would have been happy that my son only had 2.

The final item of the night I owe to my wife. She has always had the luck when it comes to pulling the "hits" out of packs/boxes of cards & the only difference tonight was it came from a scratch-off card.

It would have been nice if Adolfo Reina had played tonight, but he is on the 7 day DL. I did wish him a speedy recovery when I went down to the field to get his jersey & have him sign it for me. I'm definitely not complaining though as the people behind me got the jersey from the batboy! That would have been a little depressing.

Our next outing is Wednesday when the Great Lakes Loons are in town for SU2C night at Parkview Field. Probably won't get a jersey from that one as they are auctioning them off & I just don't have the funds this week. Our seats aren't as good for that game either so if I get anything signed it will have to be pregame.

Country

Congrats on the Jersey! I was going to go to the game tonight but got caught up in other stuff. I got a jersey from Jerry Sullivan back in 2010.
    Last edited by JaguarsFan28; 08-16-2014 at 03:42 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congrats on the Jersey! I was going to go to the game tonight but got caught up in other stuff. I got a jersey from Jerry Sullivan back in 2010.

Thanks! It was a great game as always seems to be the case when we go. Even if the TinCaps lose they still seem to play very well. It's kind of discouraging to think that the season is nearly over though. We've had such a mild Summer after the harsh Winter that hit us & I'm not ready for cold weather to come back yet.

Country

Yeah I totally agree with all of that. It has been a slow TinCaps baseball season for me as well, I haven't been able to go to as many games as I normally do. Where do you normally sit when you go to the games?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I totally agree with all of that. It has been a slow TinCaps baseball season for me as well, I haven't been able to go to as many games as I normally do. Where do you normally sit when you go to the games?

We usually try to get as close to the visiting team dugout as we can. The TinCaps dugout is already surrounded by season ticket holders. We can get the TinCaps players autographs after the Sunday day games, so I try to make the most of getting the visitors. We have tickets for Wednesdays game, but they are in section 105, which is no where close, but they were given to us by the VP for my jersey design submission for that game as a consolation since I didn't win the contest. Other than that the only game that we have tickets for is the final home game of the season & they are right against the visitors dugout.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, it was SU2C night at Parkview Field last night & even though my jersey design didn't win the contest for the players to wear, we were given free tickets to the game by the TinCaps VP. In town was the Great Lakes Loons, Single-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and even though they had an absolutely miserable game, accumulating only 2 hits & 0 runs, I was able to get a few of them to sign a ball prior to the start of the game.

MGR - Bill Haselman

P - Zachary Bird
    IF - Tyler Wampler
    C - Webster Rivas
    C - Spencer Navin
    Hitting Coach - Johnny Washington

P - Jose De Leon
    IF - Faustino Oguisten
    P - Jacob Rhame

IF - Josmar Cordero
    P - Matt Campbell

C - Jose Capellan
    IF - Leo Rodriguez
    P - Michael Johnson

I also got the opportunity to speak with the man who designed the winning jersey that the players would be wearing & got him to sign the program from the game.

After losing my bid on jerseys of both Fernando Perez & Burt Hooten, I chose one that would not only fit me (LOL) but also fit my budget, Pitcher Jimmi Brasoban. I also got him to sign the paper that I was given to hold when I walked down to the field so he knew who won his jersey.

I'm really starting to like bringing home a jersey a week! Now, I only hope that I can continue my streak next Friday when they wear the Fan Appreciation jerseys!

Next game for me is Thursday with the final home game this season on Friday. I'm gonna hate it when the season ends.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast