Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pavel Bure Artifacts Autofacts 13-14

Opened up this card a few months ago in a pack and still have not been able to get a single price on it.

Anyone know a good reasonable price for it, or even what the range I could sell it for? Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

One sold on eBay for a BO of $85 plus $17 shipping on May 31.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...h8%2BTOC2aI%3D

That price feels a little high to me, but then again I am not a Bure collector.

Other Group B 13/14 Autofacts recently sold on eBay:

Stamkos $33, $34.50 dlvd
    Orr $70.74, $95.50
    Lemieux none
    Sundin $42
    Lewis $5, $4, $4, $8

I would think Bure is roughly between Sundin and Orr, but there's not much data to work with.

If I hadn't seen the sale for $83, I would have said $50-60 for a fair price. With that sale in mind, though, I'd offer it at $100 OBO and see if anyone grabs it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One sold on eBay for a BO of $85 plus $17 shipping on May 31.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=216&item=181423862 206&rt=nc&print=all&si=wRKPkjQb4RfUfkqCSWh8%2BTOC2 aI%3D

That price feels a little high to me, but then again I am not a Bure collector.

Other Group B 13/14 Autofacts recently sold on eBay:

Stamkos $33, $34.50 dlvd
    Orr $70.74, $95.50
    Lemieux none
    Sundin $42
    Lewis $5, $4, $4, $8

I would think Bure is roughly between Sundin and Orr, but there's not much data to work with.

If I hadn't seen the sale for $83, I would have said $50-60 for a fair price. With that sale in mind, though, I'd offer it at $100 OBO and see if anyone grabs it.

Thanks for the help man! I just haven't seen the card ANYWHERE. None selling, and pricing sites don't even have anything on it. Do you think it might be a good bit rarer than other autofacts cards or something?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

There are huge Bure collectors out there and there is a chance a lot of what has been pulled already hasn't reached the secondary market and went into someone's collection.

That price one sold for on eBay is about right. I would expect it to sell for $70 any day of the week. It could even sell for more yet if you listed it as an Auction on a bad day it very well could sell for less.

Yes the Bure is more rare than most Auto-Facts cards. There are different groups of rarity in the set. The Bure being Group B which is the second rarest group, with Group A being the most rare and Group F being the most common.

Overall Odds - 1:13 hobb

Individual Odds - Group A 1:12,806, Group B 1:1,577, Group C 1:1,053, Group D 1:59, Group E 1:38, Group F 1:28

The information is out there. Do a search for "13-14 Any Set Checklist" and there will be some great sites that come up in the search. I pulled the above information up with one click. It's a great pull, congrats.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are huge Bure collectors out there and there is a chance a lot of what has been pulled already hasn't reached the secondary market and went into someone's collection.

That price one sold for on eBay is about right. I would expect it to sell for $70 any day of the week. It could even sell for more yet if you listed it as an Auction on a bad day it very well could sell for less.

Yes the Bure is more rare than most Auto-Facts cards. There are different groups of rarity in the set. The Bure being Group B which is the second rarest group, with Group A being the most rare and Group F being the most common.

Overall Odds - 1:13 hobb

Individual Odds - Group A 1:12,806, Group B 1:1,577, Group C 1:1,053, Group D 1:59, Group E 1:38, Group F 1:28

The information is out there. Do a search for "13-14 Any Set Checklist" and there will be some great sites that come up in the search. I pulled the above information up with one click. It's a great pull, congrats.

Thanks for the information man. Just started to open hockey packs again, haven't opened them since I was very young. I was probably just searching information wrong on google, too focused on the price haha.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah Bure stuff is always very popular. His SP's will always fetch good money.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...s-hockey-cards

Here's the link for 13/14 Artifacts. Cardboardconnection.com is a good site for checklists and odds, particularly who is in what autograph group, etc.

Since you're just getting into busting packs again after a long layoff (and please feel free to come here and ask questions anytime, even if they seem small/obvious/unimportant!), let's examine this a little closer:

Notice that for some sets, we can play with the numbers and extrapolate print runs of some subsets from what we see published about other subsets. In the case of Artifacts, we see that there are a total of 24 cards on the Autographed Rookie Redemption Checklist, with 99 copies made of each, seeded at a stated ratio of 1:160 hobby packs (one per case). This gives us a hobby print run of 24*99*160 = 380160 packs, which is an important number when we look at the Autofacts checklist. I am ignoring the retail packs for now, but their impact is minor. We can "check" this number against the Rookie Redemption Checklist, 42 cards with 899 copies each, seeded 1:10 hobby packs (one per box), yielding a hobby print run of 42*899*10 = 377580 packs - close enough for this kind of analysis.

For the Autofacts, Group A autos are listed at 1:12806 packs; 380160/12806 = 29.69 total Group A autos (call it 30). Since the only Group A auto is Gretzky, we know there are about 30 Gretzky autos from 13/14 Autofacts out there, plus a couple from the retail side. Call it 32 for The Great One.

Group B autos are listed at 1:1577 packs; 380160/1577 = 241.07 total B autos across the six players listed as Group B: Bure, Lemieux, Sundin, Stamkos, Orr and (yikes!) Trevor Lewis. The only problem is that Upper Deck does NOT guarantee a uniform distribution within each group! So, instead of being able to say there are 40 copies of each player, we just don't know. There could be 100 Lewis, 50 Sundin, 40 Stamkos, 30 Orr and 10 each for Bure and Lemieux, or it could be some completely different combination. (Side note: If they do drop down below the number for Gretzky, then really they should be part of Group A, right? But for some reason I don't think Upper Deck thinks through the logic of it like that; or maybe they do and everyone has 40 in Group B). I am guessing 30-50 copies of the Bure are out there, somewhere.

Group C: 1:1053, 361 autos across two players, avg 180 each
    Group D: 1:59, 6443 autos across twelve players, avg 537 each
    Group E: 1:38, 10004 autos across fifteen players, avg 667 each
    Group F: 1:28, 13577 autos across twelve players, avg 1131 each (could vary widely as noted above)

Yikes! 1100+ copies of the likes of Cal O'Reilly, Jay Rosehill, Patrick O'Sullivan - no wonder some of these don't even sell for $1!

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...s-hockey-cards

Here's the link for 13/14 Artifacts. Cardboardconnection.com is a good site for checklists and odds, particularly who is in what autograph group, etc.

Since you're just getting into busting packs again after a long layoff (and please feel free to come here and ask questions anytime, even if they seem small/obvious/unimportant!), let's examine this a little closer:

Notice that for some sets, we can play with the numbers and extrapolate print runs of some subsets from what we see published about other subsets. In the case of Artifacts, we see that there are a total of 24 cards on the Autographed Rookie Redemption Checklist, with 99 copies made of each, seeded at a stated ratio of 1:160 hobby packs (one per case). This gives us a hobby print run of 24*99*160 = 380160 packs, which is an important number when we look at the Autofacts checklist. I am ignoring the retail packs for now, but their impact is minor. We can "check" this number against the Rookie Redemption Checklist, 42 cards with 899 copies each, seeded 1:10 hobby packs (one per box), yielding a hobby print run of 42*899*10 = 377580 packs - close enough for this kind of analysis.

For the Autofacts, Group A autos are listed at 1:12806 packs; 380160/12806 = 29.69 total Group A autos (call it 30). Since the only Group A auto is Gretzky, we know there are about 30 Gretzky autos from 13/14 Autofacts out there, plus a couple from the retail side. Call it 32 for The Great One.

Group B autos are listed at 1:1577 packs; 380160/1577 = 241.07 total B autos across the six players listed as Group B: Bure, Lemieux, Sundin, Stamkos, Orr and (yikes!) Trevor Lewis. The only problem is that Upper Deck does NOT guarantee a uniform distribution within each group! So, instead of being able to say there are 40 copies of each player, we just don't know. There could be 100 Lewis, 50 Sundin, 40 Stamkos, 30 Orr and 10 each for Bure and Lemieux, or it could be some completely different combination. (Side note: If they do drop down below the number for Gretzky, then really they should be part of Group A, right? But for some reason I don't think Upper Deck thinks through the logic of it like that; or maybe they do and everyone has 40 in Group B). I am guessing 30-50 copies of the Bure are out there, somewhere.

Group C: 1:1053, 361 autos across two players, avg 180 each
    Group D: 1:59, 6443 autos across twelve players, avg 537 each
    Group E: 1:38, 10004 autos across fifteen players, avg 667 each
    Group F: 1:28, 13577 autos across twelve players, avg 1131 each (could vary widely as noted above)

Yikes! 1100+ copies of the likes of Cal O'Reilly, Jay Rosehill, Patrick O'Sullivan - no wonder some of these don't even sell for $1!

Man that was really helpful! Thanks so much, really gives me an idea about how the group numbers really do affect the price, had no idea until I started this thread that there was actually different groups for the players. Up in the Yukon, theres a lot of Canucks fans and I've already talked to a few and they would pay some good money for the card. Thanks for giving me the information on the card!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dave71120's Items on eBay

Man, after Gallinator's post, I really need to get my math geek on more often! Awesome post, man, thanks!

I'd put the Bure Autofacts in the $70-85 range, depending on location. As you stated, you'll probably get more towards the $85-90 range from a hardcore Bure collector (which I was, back in 1991-1994/5-ish). I also think the Sundin and Stamkos Autofacts are undervalued at $60 a piece, I think they should be closer to $80 myself. Just sayin'...

Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I'd send that Bure to auction start at .99 cents and let the good times roll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast