Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

An opinion question on Prime Namesakes

Hey guys. Just looking for various opinions on a collecting dilemma. This is very much going to come down to personal preference, but I'm curious on what you all think.

Ive been trying to put together an Andrew Ladd nameplate from 12-13 Prime for the last year. These cards are /75 and I currently have the A and 2 Ds. I cannot for the life of me find the L. Now 13-14 Prime is out and Ladd again has a nameplate (/25 this time). There are currently 2 Ls on ebay and I'm considering buying one.

Obviously the the cards look different but the style of letter is the same, the auto is the same and it's the same player, but my OCD is bothered that all of the letters wouldn't be from the same set. Would you do it? I may never find an L from 12-13 Prime.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If Ranford had been in last year's set & this year's set, I'd be trying to finish them both.... but that's me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally I wouldn't but thats me, I would try and complete them both

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm a Jets fan but I don't really PC Ladd, so I'm not as interested in completing both. Just like the idea of having the nameplate. I feel like I want to grab the L out of fear that I'll NEVER find the 12-13 L. But I think it might bug me everytime I look at it and see they don't exactly match lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See brusski's Items on eBay

Be patient. Do both.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Yes do them all :)

See signature.
    Last edited by DeanCrandall; 08-13-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think Dean knows what's up here. Nice!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Since you are not interested in completing both, I guess an option would be to pick up one of the L's from this year's set just in case you never find one from 12-13. At least that way you will have his entire name. But keep looking for one from 12-13 as it just might come up down the road. If it does, you could always trade or sell this year's L. I think I would feel better if I completed the name with this year's L rather than possibly never completing it at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Pick up the new one to complete it. But keep looking for the 12-13. When you eventually find it, replace it and trade/sell the 13-14. A weird "L" is better than none at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am just a T away from my first complete nameplate, and I am getting antsy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast