Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

another kinda weird thing

another post got me thinking about members and their responses or behaviour in certain situations and i thought i'd bounce another one off of you.

recently i tried to make a deal with another member, who has excellent feedback. we were unable to come to any agreement and respectfully decided to move on.
    during our attempt i noticed on his thread in his "wants" some cards i was sure i had somewhere in a box in the closet ( non sports cards -- little value). i mentioned it to him and asked for his address and sent them along for free. no strings just trying to help out. today they were returned to me. no explanation, no pm no nothing. no thank you either. i mean i made an effort.

even if the cards werent "MINT" why could he of just said thanx and chucked the cards in the garbage. i suppose i could pm him and asked what happened but dont feel like making the effort with him anymore.

i realized long ago not to place too high expectations on people and thereby wouldn't be disappointed in them. also the mentality that - "if everybody was as good as i am the world would be an excellent place to live in" all depends on our reference points.
    peace

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Maybe he misunderstood your intent. Perhaps he got the cards and thought, "Wait a minute I never agreed to trade for these." and thought he had better send them back. Maybe he thought you were expecting cards in return.

I would definitely give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Contacting him would surely eliminate any misunderstanding.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Drew86a appreciate the response
    whenever i send cards i always enclose a note stating from whom they are coming and what they are ie trade/sale and in this case i marked them as "free cards".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I have sent free cards quite a few times. A few times on here and many times on eBay. Mostly cheap cards, but always (I would think) cards that they could use. I'm amazed how many people don't even care or thank you for sending them. Then again there have been a few times where the recipient was ecstatic about the free cards, and to me that makes it worth it.

I'm assuming the package was not just 'Returned to Sender' since that note you always send was gone? I have twice opened up a package with my own card in it before I realized it was sent back to me! haha.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

You know what's even more weird? That you haven't sent the guy a PM asking him what's up?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

no it came back in a different envelope, we both paid postage on it...?? maybe i will pm him and ask why. maybe i'll just smile and move on

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

A lot of people are rude. All there is to it.

A little bit different, but I get ignored by people after PMing them at least a few times per week.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

There are weirdos out there man, what can you do. Communication is key to pretty much every relationship in the world, ever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Really strange that he just sent them back with no note or PM - borderline insulting if you ask me and at the very least ingracious and ungrateful. I can understanding not wanting to put any more effort into it, but I think I would have to send him a nice little PM like "Hey, I see you returned the free cards I sent you as a gift - did you not need them anymore?"

Perhaps he is of a culture that doesn't like to "owe" anything or feels an obligation to return the gesture, which caused him to reject your gift. I am curious as to what his response will be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

What a weird thing indeed. You should ask him just to let us know what he says haha. Only possible not crazy explanation is what someone mentioned above; didn't read the note and thought that it was a trade he never agreed to haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast