Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

Prime numbersakes and genuine marks question!

I've been able to pick up the two numbersakes autos that i wanted from prime. But it got me thinking..they are numbered to 25. Here's my example:

I've seen 4 versions of this card, all with different serial numbers. Given that linden is number 16 and they are numbered to 25 does that mean that there are say 12 that are number '1' and 13 that are number '6' or visa versa or does each number '1' and '6' have 25 copies?

Same sort of question with the genuine marks...I see this Bieksa on ebay numbered to 3 of 6.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-Pani...item3f3b414d4a

E is the third letter in his name of 6 total letters. So is there 6 of each letter or 1 of each letter and only one possible complete name plate?

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are 25 total copies of the Linden, and 6 total copies of the Bieksa. For things like Namesakes and Numbersakes, certain letters/numbers tend to be short-printed.

Before it inevitably comes up, for the SPGU Draft Day Marks, there are 35 copies of each letter (some players are SPed to 10, so 10 of each letter for those guys)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

The "Genuine Marks" are actually off the jersey. So the Bieksa is /6 - B=1/6, I=2/6, etc. There is only one of each letter making only one complete nameplate in this situation. The "Namesakes" are reproduced letters/numbers so they have a print run of /25 say (i believe it is 25 of each in this series)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The "Genuine Marks" are actually off the jersey. So the Bieksa is /6 - B=1/6, I=2/6, etc. There is only one of each letter making only one complete nameplate in this situation. The "Namesakes" are reproduced letters/numbers so they have a print run of /25 say (i believe it is 25 of each in this series)

^^^^^

This is 100% correct.

The Linden's you're showing, they're manufactured patches. 25 copies in the print run.... so yes, probably 12 of one and 13 of the other.

The Bieksa, it's actually from a Nameplate off his jersey. That's why there are only 6 of them.

For Panini, "Genuine" is the prefix they put on the Number / Letter cards that are actually GU.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

The Gnuine letters are game used jerseys so there is only 1 of each letter. In reality each one is a 1/1 but its /6 because of 6 letters.

The number/letter sakes im not sure on. They are manufactured but Im not sure of how many of each. Im trying to put Beau Bennett together and Im having a hard time finding them. I think there are only /75 of all the letters. If they were all /75 then there would be 525 of them and I have not seen more than 20. I think each letter is divided up between the /75. 1 letter is usually a SP.

I also looked up Fleury. He is /25 I have only seen 5-6 of them. If they were each /25 there would be 150 of them. There would be more on ebay and the internet than the 5-6 I have seen. I may be right I may be wrong but that's my conclusion.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Letters are confusing especially between three different producers. But they sure are fun to collect :)

All the ones I see when they say out of /50 /35 /75 it means total letters not for each. Now some say they have short prints in some letter but I find if you follow the numbering of the cards its almost divisible equally between each letter. As in TAVARES SPGU out of 50, each letter was 7 copies, but the A actually had 14 copies. And Tavares signed one set of A's from the bottom to top , but the other A's from the top to the bottom , sneaky :) Thanks for thinking JT.

Last edited by DeanCrandall; 08-16-2014 at 05:29 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Panini does need to match letters though for those looking at full name. I avoided this plate last year not even off the same jersey, white vs black background.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

Thanks for the info guys. I find it kind of silly that they would make an odd number of the cards (25) when you need an even number (say 24 or 26) to complete the full jersey number. To me it seems pointless to only have one of the numbers so if that's the case only 12 or fewer complete '16's can be completed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Panini does need to match letters though for those looking at full name. I avoided this plate last year not even off the same jersey, white vs black background.

Totally agree - UD did the same on an SPGU By The Letter nameplate of Daniel Sedin, brutal. If the company doesn't have a full nameplate available, chop the letters up and turn them into regular old patch cards, if they really want to do a full nameplate it's gotta be from one jersey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Except those ARE from the same nameplate...

Think about how the "V" sits in the nameplate, with an "A" on either side, "AVA". Panini had to cut the sides of the "V" at an angle because if they had cut it straight down, like the "T", they would have cut into the bottom corner of the "A"'s on either side.

The white outline you see on the "V" is the white jersey that surrounds the letter, the black background is the cardboard backing Panini sticks the letters to before putting them in the card.

Short version: Those letters are from the same plate, just cut differently because of their shape and proximity to other letters, and the black around it is cardboard backing, not a black jersey. You passed up on that letter for nothing!
    Last edited by Inferno; 08-16-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast