Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Toronto Maple Leafs Starting Goalie ?

Im working on my annual fantasy hockey pool ... people must build the best team of 21 players using the same salary cap than the real NHL. Anyway, im to poolmaster and I must know whos gonna the starting goalie for the Maple Leafs ... Reimer or Bernier ?

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Bernier is my guess

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Bernier seem to be the consensus amongst journalists

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I say Bernier too. But it could change quickly!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bernier. I'm a huge Leafs fan and watch as many games as I can (although it can be tough with the time difference). If I were the coach of the Maple Leafs (quite a statement, eh) I'd go with Reimer... but I'm not, and Carlyle is a conservative guy. If he doesn't like you, you're on the bench. As simple as that. I'm glad to see a bunch of the Leafs' personnel from last season get sacked since all Carlyle's system is relying upon is turning the Leafs into a team that's "hard to play against"... in other words: A bunch of punching bags and even after the additions of Shanahan and Dubas, a team that lacks any depth to be a playoff contender. Simply dumping the puck in, losing possession of it and getting outshot in every single game is tough to look at as a Leafs fan, but it's what Carlyle has done. And he can't operate a toaster, haha.

Sorry about the rant... Bernier is currently the No. 1 guy in TO even though I'd personally prefer Reimer in net. I think Reimer would get a much better chance at No. 1 guy if Carlyle went, but I guess that's wishful thinking, haha. Until then, pick Bernier for your fantasy team (unless you get Reimer at much better value). Cheers!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The only way it isn't Bernier, is if he gets hurt. Reimer is a 15-20 game backup that they tried to trade away and couldn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The only way it isn't Bernier, is if he gets hurt. Reimer is a 15-20 game backup that they tried to trade away and couldn't.

They looked for the right fit for both themselves as well as Reims. It doesn't mean teams weren't interested, it just means that for what they were offering the Leafs didn't go for it. I myself have tremendous faith in Reimer and know that he can be a quality goaltender when relied upon and not getting thrown under the bus by his coach. He carried the Leafs to the playoffs in 2012-13 whilst the team in front of him wasn't very good. He was absolutely on fire against the Bruins in the 1st round.

The fact of the matter is that the Leafs now have goaltending depth, something they've lacked for a long time. Not dealing Reimer was a very smart move by management IMHO.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well, agree to disagree I guess.

Leafs management went out and got Bernier, because they didn't have faith in Reimer. I agree with the Leafs there.

Of course, I think you're right about "couldn't get what they wanted". My guess - Nonis was delusional enough to think he could get a "top 6 forward" or "top 4 dman" for Remier..... forgetting that he traded next to nothing to get Bernier, who was a much more valuable trade chip.

They looked for the right fit for both themselves as well as Reims. It doesn't mean teams weren't interested, it just means that for what they were offering the Leafs didn't go for it. I myself have tremendous faith in Reimer and know that he can be a quality goaltender when relied upon and not getting thrown under the bus by his coach. He carried the Leafs to the playoffs in 2012-13 whilst the team in front of him wasn't very good. He was absolutely on fire against the Bruins in the 1st round.

The fact of the matter is that the Leafs now have goaltending depth, something they've lacked for a long time. Not dealing Reimer was a very smart move by management IMHO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Of course, I think you're right about "couldn't get what they wanted". My guess - Nonis was delusional enough to think he could get a "top 6 forward" or "top 4 dman" for Remier..... forgetting that he traded next to nothing to get Bernier, who was a much more valuable trade chip.

You're absolutely right there. I wouldn't be surprised if Nonis passed up on a decent deal, but hey, as long as it's not the other way around. As a Leafs fan I'm used to management trading away quality players and spending big money to get guys like David Clarkson (ouch) and Dave Bolland (good riddance, he's Florida's problem now). Meanwhile Bergevin in Montreal is getting guys like Thomas Vanek for a bag of hockey pucks, basically.

All in all, Bernier is a great goalie. I'm not claiming otherwise. I just think that Reimer is quite underrated. Hopefully he'll maintain solid numbers even as a backup... or even surprise and claim the No. 1 spot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bernier is the only reason they came close to making the playoffs last year.

A lot of the blame was placed on Reimer in that 7 game loss to Boston ..... hes been shaky at best ever since
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast