Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See onetimersportcards's Items on eBay

Question on Eric Lindros card

Came across a vanguard dual jersey of Eric Lindros and pavel Brendl. Was stamped Hawaii trade conference 2002. Didn't see any on eBay. It was a little beat up but is it rare?

SCF Rewards
    Country

with eBay, nothing is rare ! lol

seriously, pacific was like ITG... making stamped and exclusive cards for each shows...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's certainly a unique item, but I can say that as an Eric Lindros collector, I do not consider show stamped cards to be part of the master set. There are just waaaaayyy to many of them, and most (the ITG ones anyway) all have short print runs. I doubt you'd have trouble finding a buyer at the right price, but I don't know many who would pay extra for a show card.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm pretty sure if you bought Pacific packs at the show they would stamp them for you. For some collectors they are collectible and rare because the amount of them floating out their is unknown and gives them something to chase down. For others they aren't a "real" card and are ignored.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See onetimersportcards's Items on eBay

Hey as an update. I bought the card. However im still confused. As there has only been 4 listings for anything hawaii trade for hockey. Did they not realky do hockey back then? What are usually the print runs on them? The highest I saw was 20 in general.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I like the show stamped cards because they offer another version of the card to collect, much like a parallel. Would I pay the same amount for show stamped cards that I do for set parallels? Absolutely not.

I agree with pwaldo's assessment, for some collectors such as myself, show stamped cards add to the hobby. If I can get one for a decent price, I'll grab it for sure.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I would pay as much for a show stamped card as the regular card is worth. IE I would pay $30 for a Dion Phaneuf ITG XYZ jersey... and I would also pay $30 for the same card with a super duper 1/1 Toronto show stamp on it. I do pay well for show exclusive cards (ie a card made up for the show or promotion - think Cross Canada Tour cards from itg)... but they are different from stamped ones.

I have noticed, coming from ITG, that show stamped jersey and patch cards seem to be nicer pieces...