Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

American's are being Beheaded by ISIS

But all is well. Obama is chilling at Martha's Vineyard.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Actually he came back from vacation early and is back at the white house from what I read. I think he came back on monday or maybe tuesday. Not that it really matters where he is as I'm sure he has the same amount of access to working in Martha's Vineyard as he does at the White House.

They say that this is retribution for the air support at the Dam in Iraq. I'm not exactly sure what could have been done to stop this execution. They say they had him held in syria and had no real way to extract him or the other hostages they have. Apparently they have one other American media member as a hostage so it seems like this will happen again. I did hear that other media member from other countries had been released because other governments had paid ransoms for their release and the U.S. refused to pay. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I get the ideal of not paying but I think if it were one of my relatives I'd be sick that he wasn't released. Although, at the same time had the guy been released it seems like he would have been right back in a similar situation, reporting. They said that he had been captured before so obviously he was very passionate about reporting in these areas where it was very dangerous even for media.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

No, he is back at Martha's Vineyard until Sunday.

He was there this past weekend, and he took 2 days off from his vacation to deal with Iraq/Ferguson...

I guess, I don't know why we aren't doing more to stop ISIS from their killing of Christians, and Americans.. If we don't stop them, who will?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

ah so he came back for two days and then went back. I have zero issue with this. He's still plugged in and has every tool to govern that he has at the white house. You complaint about his vacation is immaterial in him being able to weigh in on current events. All presidents vacation through major events and the other side complains when it's not their president.

I get that it's very tricky for our military to deal with ISIS. We don't really need or want a back slide back into having lots of troops on the ground in Iraq. In my opinion, air support and minimal training help on the ground is probably the best way to help and keep our soldiers out of harms way for the most part. I'm not sure what the best way to handle hostages taken by ISIS would be. I can see not wanting to pay ransoms or release prisoners on our end and I also can see wanting to get them back. It's a tough situation.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So if I were to point out that Bush took more days off than any President and read a children's book during the 9/11 attacks you would say...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I may be a callous person, but I have no sympathy for these people. An American that knowingly and willingly goes into an area known to be controlled by Islamic extremist that love to kill Americans is asking for trouble. Islamic extremist could care less if you are the media or not, you are American and they will take great pleasure in publicly killing you. I feel sorry for the families of these people.

And I could care less if Obama was or is on vacation. These people are going to be killed no matter what. That is why they were taken hostage. The moment they became ISIS hostages their lives ended.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So if I were to point out that Bush took more days off than any President and read a children's book during the 9/11 attacks you would say...

That he was reading well above his level?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

That he was reading well above his level?

Zing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/james-...ry?id=25060796

U.S. special operations forces early this summer launched a secret, major rescue operation in Syria to save James Foley and a number of Americans held by the extremist group ISIS, but the mission failed because the hostages weren’t there, senior administration officials told ABC News today.

President Obama authorized the “substantial and complex” rescue operation after the officials said a “broad collection of intelligence” led the U.S. to believe the hostages were being held in a specific location in the embattled Middle Eastern nation.

When “several dozen” U.S. special operation members landed in Syria, however, they were met with gunfire and “while on site, it became apparent the hostages were not there,” one of the officials said. The special operators engaged in a firefight in which ISIS suffered “a good number” casualties, the official said, while the American forces suffered only a single minor injury.

The American forces were able to get back on helicopters and escape.

“Intelligence is not a perfect science,” the senior official said. As to how the intelligence failed and why the hostages were not there, the official said, “The truth is, we don’t know. And that’s the truth. When we got there, they weren’t there. We don’t know why that is.”

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I find what pwaldo posted (I also read it in CNN) to be a bit convenient. After this guy is beheaded and it becomes national news we suddenly learn that there was an operation to try and rescue him? Why weren't we informed of this special operation beforehand? Why wouldn't the family have known? I simply don't believe it. It strikes me as an unverifiable story meant to make the issue just go away. I am sure if anyone asked for proof they would be told that it was a black ops operation and was top secret so no more info could be given.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast