Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I find what pwaldo posted (I also read it in CNN) to be a bit convenient. After this guy is beheaded and it becomes national news we suddenly learn that there was an operation to try and rescue him? Why weren't we informed of this special operation beforehand? Why wouldn't the family have known? I simply don't believe it. It strikes me as an unverifiable story meant to make the issue just go away. I am sure if anyone asked for proof they would be told that it was a black ops operation and was top secret so no more info could be given.

I think if the public had known, there would have been a greater push to try and save them, which may not have been possible. By covering it all up, the public doesnt know about it and therefore cannot make a push or protest to try to save them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Should we go and try to save someone who is over there, as a journalist, who knows what type of people they will encounter? It is not like it was an American citizen minding their own business and this happened.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Should we go and try to save someone who is over there, as a journalist, who knows what type of people they will encounter? It is not like it was an American citizen minding their own business and this happened.

This is my position. I don't feel sorry for these people. I feel sorry that their families have to suffer, but other people should not risk their lives and the sanity of their own families lives to save a journalist who knowingly and willingly went to a place where other American journalist have been taken hostage and killed by Islamic extremists.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This is my position. I don't feel sorry for these people. I feel sorry that their families have to suffer, but other people should not risk their lives and the sanity of their own families lives to save a journalist who knowingly and willingly went to a place where other American journalist have been taken hostage and killed by Islamic extremists.

Yes. And you can't tell me he didn't know what he was getting into. At the same time, that's a risk of journalism at the highest levels. It's like when a fireman dies in a fire. It's sad, what he was doing was noble, but dude still ran into a fire. Or like when a cop gets shot, same thing. These people pick their jobs, train for them, and perform KNOWING full well the risks involved.

I'm of the same mind. If you die on the job and it was a known risk, it's sad, but no more sympathy from me than anyone else. They're just doing their jobs.

Oh wait, am I a fireman and journalist basher now? I should be getting a childish PM soon to let me know...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

I find what pwaldo posted (I also read it in CNN) to be a bit convenient. After this guy is beheaded and it becomes national news we suddenly learn that there was an operation to try and rescue him? Why weren't we informed of this special operation beforehand? Why wouldn't the family have known? I simply don't believe it. It strikes me as an unverifiable story meant to make the issue just go away. I am sure if anyone asked for proof they would be told that it was a black ops operation and was top secret so no more info could be given.

loose lips sink ships,gotta keep it secret or it would of turned in to an ambush

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

When “several dozen” U.S. special operation members landed in Syria, however, they were met with gunfire and “while on site, it became apparent the hostages were not there,” one of the officials said. The special operators engaged in a firefight in which ISIS suffered “a good number” casualties, the official said, while the American forces suffered only a single minor injury.

under proper leadership the u.s. military could wipe these guys out in a couple hours
    its sad that political agenda has taken precedent over thousand of innocent lives,rwanda pt.2

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know what to shake my head more at....

The OP and his terrible grammar...

Or, the fact that he can wag his finger at Obama in such a shameless manner while fully knowing that Bush took more than DOUBLE the amount of vacation days, in arguably a more chaotic time in America.

Hell, how did he react when he learned of the attacks during 9/11?

Did he leap into action or continue reading a book to some kids?

The funny thing is that the OP's sentiments are exactly those of many conservative talking heads who have the shortest memory imaginable for grown adults, and only know how to complain and cry for not getting their way.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

I don't know what to shake my head more at....

The OP and his terrible grammar...

Or, the fact that he can wag his finger at Obama in such a shameless manner while fully knowing that Bush took more than DOUBLE the amount of vacation days, in arguably a more chaotic time in America.

Hell, how did he react when he learned of the attacks during 9/11?

Did he leap into action or continue reading a book to some kids?

The funny thing is that the OP's sentiments are exactly those of many conservative talking heads who have the shortest memory imaginable for grown adults, and only know how to complain and cry for not getting their way.

I see you're finally over Lebron leaving.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What are you talking about?

This isn't the basketball section, and I'm not here to talk about Lebron.

Is your memory span that short as well that you already forgot the topic you yourself created?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

What are you talking about?

This isn't the basketball section, and I'm not here to talk about Lebron.

Is your memory span that short as well that you already forgot the topic you yourself created?

Oh aren't you a pleasant ray of sunshine today? You have been absent since they day he left. I figured you went into a deep depression.

But, the last time I checked, this is Obama's problem. Not Bush's. Obama did nothing with Syria. ISIS Grew. Obama prematurely pulled out of Iraq (even though Military Officers warned him not to). ISIS grew more. Now we get to go back because otherwise nothing will be done to stop them from becoming more of a threat then they already are.

Now they are killing christians (something I'm sure you don't care about), and kidnapping harmless American's who are trying to report the news. Guess what, they're beheading them too.

The war on terrorism isn't over.
    Last edited by GroundSupport; 08-21-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast