Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I have a favor to ask...can someone help?

Hello,

To all my American collector friends, I want to ask if you would do something for me. I wouldn't normally ask but this is important.

I use metal forearm crutches to get around. I am out around a lot; normal crutch tips wear out in a couple of days. For the last 10 years, I have used gel-tipped crutch tips because they last. The first two sets I had lasted three years each, while this current pair has lasted four.

Well, this current pair has worn out. My problem is, I cannot locate the particular tips I use in Canada.

I found some on Amazon.com but I do not have an account, nor do I have a credit card. Here they are:

http://www.amazon.com/Fetterman-Torn...do+crutch+tips

I am wondering if any American friends would get a pair or two for me from Amazon. Have them sent to your address and when they arrive to you, send them to my address? I will reimburse you and pay you the cost of shipping.

Please let me know via PM.

Thanks,
    Tony

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Did this get remedied?

The company sells direct cheaper on their site Fetterman Solid Body Tips and Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Did this get remedied?

The company sells direct cheaper on their site Fetterman Solid Body Tips and Ebay.

Someone has offered help, but I don't really know if they can.

I visited the site before. I don't have a credit card so I cannot order through their site.

They don't ship to Canada anyway. That's my biggest roadblock. I used to be able to go to my pharmacy here in Canada and they would order them in for a reasonable price. Not anymore.

I have had three sets of the solid body tips and I have gotten three, three and four years respectively out of each set.

I am at a loss as to what to do. If I cannot get these, I will be forced to spend $4.99 every week on crutch tips (I walk a lot and the regular small ones wear fast).

That might not sound like much to spend, but it adds up during the course of the year, especially if you are on a fixed income like me.

Tony
    Last edited by Leafsman; 09-23-2014 at 10:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Keep in mind that ebay now has an International Shipping Policy that sellers can use. If you win an auction where the seller uses this feature, the seller would send the item to a US address (which I believe is an ebay distribution center), then ebay sends to international addresses at their expense. This way, neither the buyer nor the seller has to deal with the international shipping charges.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Keep in mind that ebay now has an International Shipping Policy that sellers can use. If you win an auction where the seller uses this feature, the seller would send the item to a US address (which I believe is an ebay distribution center), then ebay sends to international addresses at their expense. This way, neither the buyer nor the seller has to deal with the international shipping charges.

I am not getting these through ebay. I saw them on Amazon.com and their site.