Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What do you get signed besides cards, balls and photos? Share your project! PLEASE!

I have seen some cool collections along the way in this hobby. I wanted to hear from a few of the members here about what they get signed besides the typical cards, photos and balls? I was able see to one guys collection of signed starting lineup action figures that he ran a line of from around his living room, up his stairway wall and into his bedroom. It was incredible. I used to know an IP collector who was attempting to get every SI magazine signed. One of the other cool collections I have seen is where a guy had a wall in his man cave where he covered it with signed floor boards of basketball guys. I at one point had found a bunch of Reds pennants on clearance for a quarter each. I purchased $20 worth and filled a wall of individual signed Reds pennants. We moved from there and they are in storage now. What do you get signed or what cool things have you seen done with other items?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

When I do IP autos at an event I prefer baseballs, but in stadium I like hats. Yeah they are bigger and bulkier and harder to display but make a nice little different display.

SCF Rewards
    Country

After chasing the Nascar guys for 15+ years I had gotten enough cards and photos signed and decided to get some 1:24 scale diecast cars done. They look fantastic signed in silver or gold across the windshield and the drivers seem to like to sign them. They are however a little pricey, so I try to add 3-4 every time they come back to town. I now have about 40 in my collection, including Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards among others.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Ive gotten some artwork signed by cardinals. Did quick 8x10 sketches of a couple guys who attending the cardinals caravan. John Mabry, Tyler greene, Pete kozma, etc
    Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 08-21-2014 at 05:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have done Hats for IP signings. I tend to like those a little more because you don't have to be selective on who you want to sign and you can get many sigs on one item. When I go to Green Bay for Training Camp there is a guy I know who gets endzone pylons signed.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (126)
    Country

Bobbleheads are pretty cool to get signed. I only have one right now, but the closes city to me is Denver and that's 4 hours away still. I don't think all are good choices to get signed, but I've noticed that the Twins ones that have the player wearing a batting helmet aren't terrible choices

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm wanting to make a small replica of the Al Davis flame that the Raiders have at their stadium. Each game they have someone different light the flame and then they sign the base of it afterwards. Thought it'd be neat to get that made and have all the guys that have lit the flame sign it. Still a work in progress but someday hopefully. I'd like to get it done before the Hall of Fame induction next year so I can go back to the signings there and get it signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I have tried a variety including movie posters,cd and dvd covers,SLU and McFarlanes. My most obscure was when I was a kid I ran into Darryl STrawberry in the Staten Island Mall.I had to borrow a marker from the Foot Locker cashier where I just purchased a pair of sneakers.Straw signed both and he was a good guy at that time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

aside from the normal stuff, i've been filling in these team plaques i bought. originally i got them as sort of throw away pieces for guys i already had on other items but now they are among the favorites in my collection

29 Phillies including Ryan Howard, Charlie Manuel, Larry Bowa, Darren Daulton

27 Flyers including HOFers Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Bill Barber, Mark Howe

18 Eagles including Tommy McDonald, Andy Reid, Eric Allen, Maxie Baughn

This is a 7" record by The Boils of Flyers fight songs. Flyers fans probably know The Orange & The Black song that is played at the arena after games. It was orignally released on CD but there was a very small run of records pressed on orange & black vinyl and one was given to me by the band who are personal friends. I've been getting it signed by players only from the "Bullies" era, up to 10 sigs. A pretty unique piece I like a lot
    Last edited by Triple Peanut; 08-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bobble heads, magazines, sundae helmets (clean of course), and I also have this big indians banner flag thing that you hang up in your house/yard, posters, pennants. I have some cool ideas what to ttm with but it would quickly become way too expensive lol
    Collecting: Yordano Ventura, Salvador Perez, Mike Moustakas, and especially Eric Hosmer.

Always looking for Autographs with Bible verse inscriptions