Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

High School Kid Arrested For Writing About Shooting A DINOSAUR

http://www.live5news.com/story/26319...-on-assignment

A Summerville High School student who says he was arrested and suspended after writing about killing a dinosaur using a gun in a class assignment has hired a lawyer.

This is a classic example of ignorance. I believe he did not get arrested directly for what he wrote, but rather as a result of being questioned and searched for what he wrote. Did the cops check to see if there was a dinosaur next door? I hope the school gets sued.

Another question here is why would this be a school assignment?

Stone said he and his classmates were told in class to write a few sentences about themselves, and a "status" as if it was a Facebook page.

How about learning some real world skills that can help you land a job? a facebook status really?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Well, this stupidity isn't coming from conservatives.

SCF Rewards
    Country

no, but we (conservatives) do have our own stupidity.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

no, but we (conservatives) do have our own stupidity.

Never said we don't have our flaws. (Gay Rights etc...)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If he got arrested for something else, why does the title claim he was arrested for what he wrote. Bait and switch is dishonest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

There has to be more to this story it does not add up

SCF Rewards
    Country

if they would have not searched and accused him of a crime that stems from the "paper", then he would have never been arrested.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

if they would have not searched and accused him of a crime that stems from the "paper", then he would have never been arrested.

In grade seven we had 15 minutes of creative writing every day, twice a day. After the writing, we would swap papers with a partner, who would correct spelling and grammar before handing it in, at which point the teacher would grade the corrections, not the writing itself. We were allowed to write anything.

Me and my friend would write each other horrible stories about a boy in Bosnia named Timmy who had a pet orangutan and who would beat him, and he also received regular visits from Santa, who would give him horrible gifts before killing him somehow. They were horrible stories, but we made each other laugh.

Do you have any idea how many discussions we had with my teacher, principle, and guidance counselor because of these stories? Weekly.

I see this as no different from getting searched at a roadblock and getting arrested for the cocaine in your trunk. All you were doing was driving. Breaking no laws. Yet you go to jail for a different crime than whatever they're really looking for (seatbelt, drunks, etc).

How is this any different, and what was he actually arrested for?