Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Question

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Serious Question

I pose to the people of these boards, and I will explain what brought me to this question after a few answers are given (if I'm not banned before then, and this has nothing to do with these forums), but I would like everyone's input. The question isn't going to seem political until the inspiration is given, but this does stem from politics, and not American politics to boot! I will actually have several more questions at that point. It's been a helluva day, so maybe this will get people actually exchanging ideas instead of sniping and bickering. It's a simple question that can be answered with a yes or no, but I would like to know some reasoning.

Is it okay to bully a bully?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

That's a tough one for me. I mean if I say yes, then that would make them both bullies. If I say no, I would be a hypocrit because I believe in standing up for yourself. I do however believe that you can ignore a person but if it continues to get worse, a person can only take so much before they snap. Though, I do believe in a justified *** whoopin of a bully as well. But then that brings me back to my first point.

I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

disclaimer: I apologize if what I wrote seems confusing. I'm on a lunch break at work and typing on a cellular.
    Last edited by Zimbow; 08-22-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't think standing up for yourself is the same as bullying.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no

bullying is not acceptable under any circumstances. if someone begins to bully you defend yourself from any physical bullying, take it up the chain of command, and remember names mean nothing.
    remember defending yourself does not always mean to react or to counter, a defensive attack is the best attack. in other words you do not have to nor should you wait to be physically assaulted, if the threat is real, then defend yourself before it occurs.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

I honestly cannot say I've been bullied. I don't know if it's my 6'8" 275lb frame has anything to do with it or I just avoid situations. There has been a time or two in which I have dealt justice for people who couldn't stick up for themselves. Of course that was back in high school when it was considered, "school yard justice"
    Last edited by Zimbow; 08-22-2014 at 07:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

only if you want to be a bully
    interject,confront,pop them in the mouth if need be

its more likely that i will be a problem to a bully then the other way around
    its a mental thing,they only go for what they see as weak,cowards they be heart

SCF Rewards
    Country

I honestly cannot say I've been bullied. I don't know if it's my 6'8" 275lb frame has anything to do with it or I just avoid situations. There has been a time or two in which I have dealt justice for people who couldn't stick up for themselves. Of course that was back in high school when it was considered, "school yard justice"

yea,your size just might have something to with it

SCF Rewards
    Country

now i dont know your physical ability but if your having a physical confrontation you dont think you can handle,ask for help

SCF Rewards
    Country

I pose to the people of these boards, and I will explain what brought me to this question after a few answers are given (if I'm not banned before then, and this has nothing to do with these forums), but I would like everyone's input. The question isn't going to seem political until the inspiration is given, but this does stem from politics, and not American politics to boot! I will actually have several more questions at that point. It's been a helluva day, so maybe this will get people actually exchanging ideas instead of sniping and bickering. It's a simple question that can be answered with a yes or no, but I would like to know some reasoning.

Is it okay to bully a bully?

To me Cyber Bullying is picking on somebody that is not adequately able to defend themselves. It is almost always a sh*t kicking for the person doing the bullying. Wick, I have not been around here long enough to understand who you are referencing in this thread. You seem more than capable of handling yourself. Am I missing something?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

My feelings is that you should take a stand against a bully. Maybe not in a physical way unless it cannot be avoided and your defending yourself. Bullying is another hot topic in society and it is a shame how we see kids/teenagers who seem to be driven to suicide because of bullying. Maybe those kids have other issues but still to be brought to hurting themselves is horrible. And when it is due to constant nagging about looks, weight, nationality, religion, what have you. Adult bullying happens also si I feel a person should stand up for themselves and their beliefs.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast