Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I bought a giant lot, and other tales told by an idiot..........

.........full of sound and fury, signifying nothing............

Helllooooooooo all of you! What a week, where do I even begin?? Howww aboutttt with the good ol' annual Pacific National Exhibition, the PNE, the fair, the carnival, the giant bleeping money-grab!! Admission for four + ride passes for two + food + games = the cost of one box of Prime and onebox of UD Ultimate. GAHHHHH!

My kids are somewhere in that pic.

There were these little dancing.......... things........... milling about

Miniature-horse chuckwagon races!!

"Art"

And the WORST amateur cirque performance ever. Sorry kids, no offense eh?

And then we were in Playland by the arcade, by the toys-n-trinkets machines, plunk you twoonie in and crank the crank and get your prize. Last year it was tiny little Stanley Cups champs. This year it was giant-round-head DC superheroes. I just wanted a Green Lantern, one in six odds........I got Joker, Superman and Robin before finding out that the machine would take just a loonie to spit one out. Then I got Batman, more Supermans, more Robins. I kept giving away my extras to kids passing by. By the $21 mark I had 5 of 6, still no Green Lantern. Then on my 22nd dollar I hit him. $22 for six little plastic toys :D

They pop out of the machine like this and then you put em together like this

Sooooooooo, yeah.

Next! My job........ I am a courier dispatcher five days a week, 10 hours a day. I took yesterday off to take the family to the PNE and TWO people had to cover for me. It's not that the job is so hard, more like I've molded the job into something only I can do after eight years of it. So that's my little curse on the yahoos at work :)

Now then, every other weekend I drive the deliveries as well, for extra (hockey card) cash. Lost luggage, blood and food and water samples, whatever. Today I'm at the airport picking one up and I see a bunch of taped-up hockey sticks on top of a Phoenix Coyotes team-bag sitting there as well. I take a look at the sticks and they say Paul Bissonnette! And then I beg the Westjet guy to let me deliver it, he says he can't get ahold of BizNasty on the phone. So I Twittered him and a few minutes later I had them on board!

So then I get to his apartment building, annnnnd he's not home. A couple more tweets back and forth (the lunch service at the restaurant was realll slow apparently) and he pulls up in the back of a big ol' pick-up truck with two other guys. I was wearing my Trevor Linden jersey and the two other guys start yelling Booooo Canucks! and The Canucks Suck! so I'm assuming they were Canucks :D

Anyways, I asked/offered/begged to buy a stick but those were the last of them and he needed them he said. He tipped me ten bucks! And he's following me on the Twitter now!!! He has BIG hands. What a great day!!!!

Last and least, the big giant lot I mentioned up above. A private deal, I was blinded by the few good ones listed at the top and didn't reallllyyyy see the piles of crap underneath. I might be able to re-coup my costs if every other UD Victory RC and 50-cent Young Gun on earth vaporizes tomorrow. And the guy sort of changed the good-card list at some point without me even noticing.........so when I got the boxes last week I flipped out and emailed him loud enough to wake the dead, and I filed a PayPal claim to boot, even tho I technically got everything listed. He agreed to send me some more stuff and yesterday these arrived, I feel a little better :)

The Versteeg is a blank back. The Roy is a keeper.

I LOVE the Time-Warps!! Already have both of those tho.

And this little beauty........

And there's the last 2 days of my life. Bye Felicia!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great stuff as always Ed! Too bad that BizNasty couldn't hook you up but the tip was nice and a follow from him is pretty sweet! I got a DM from him once upon a time.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

That's a pretty freaking awesome story!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a pretty freaking awesome story!

IKR??? The PNE is a total rip-off!!!

Hahaaa thanks :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Sick lot :p

SCF Rewards
    Country

You always have the greatest threads......always :D

Great read and great cards too!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See think_of_one's Items on eBay

the Biz is a good guy and he woulda hooked u up if he could have..... anyone see his epic ALS ice bucket dump????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Some solid additions Ed. I do need the Dionne/Kariya warp :)

Any chance you still have an extra Flash head?

Thanks again for a fun read

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some solid additions Ed. I do need the Dionne/Kariya warp :)

Any chance you still have an extra Flash head?

Thanks again for a fun read

Dionne / Kariya is allll yours, mister....

I only got the one Flash (pick #20) and one GL (pick #22) out of all of them.......I guess those are the SP's hahahaha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Thank you sir.

It figures. I would want the Flash and Danika would want the GL lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast