Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New Customs: 2014-15 Leijonat

Hello everyone,

Today I'm very excited to present you guys with my newest custom card set: Leijonat. This is a 21-card set featuring the greatest Finnish hockey players of all time, both past and present. From Jari Kurri and Teemu Selänne to Saku Koivu and Miikka Kiprusoff. They're all here.

I'm a huge fan of the country of Finland (and I have been since I was little) and I've always loved Finnish hockey. I always cheer for the Finns in international contests (except when they play against Denmark, haha).

Each card is serial numbered to just 5 copies. Just 5! The serial numbering can be seen on the back along with some interesting information about the depicted player's international career for Finland. Each bit of information on the back is different and individual from player to player.

The set name "LEIJONAT" is Finnish and means "The Lions", the nickname for the Finnish national team.

Cards 1-6:

Granlund, Kontiola, Salo, Kiprusoff, Selänne and Rask.

The design is a darkened hockey rink with the player in focus. The set name "LEIJONAT" is written on the top of the card. A spotlight behind the player is featured in the upper left corner and highlights these Finnish stars.

Cards 7-12:

Koivu, J. Jokinen, Timonen, Filppula, Aaltonen and M. Koivu.

Cards 13-18:

Vehanen, Numminen, Immonen, Lehtonen, O. Jokinen and Hagman.

Cards 19-21:

Kurri, Ruutu and Komarov (welcome back to the Maple Leafs, Leo).

Some actual pictures:

The thickness:

What do you guys think? I think Olli Jokinen likes this set!

If you are interested in a card for your collection, it will be $3 plus shipping ($3.50 worldwide, $3 within Europe and only $0.25 shipping for each additional card worldwide). Payment method: PayPal in USD.

I'm saving a couple of sets (one has already been sold though) in case someone wants a complete set for their collection. The other cards will be available individually or as lots.

A complete set will be $2.60 per card plus shipping. In total that's $64 with shipping included for a complete 21-card set.

Go Finland! I was at the 2011 IIHF World Championships in Bratislava and saw Finland vs. Denmark. The Finns going on to win gold was a fantastic memory that I cherish to this day. And I was at the 2014 IIHF World Juniors in Malmö as well... where Finland won gold. Hmm... Finland tends to win gold when I'm around, eh? Haha.

Please let me know your thoughts about this set in the comments section. I hope you like it.

-Ethan
    Last edited by TheBoxBreaker; 08-24-2014 at 09:19 AM.