Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Police

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would, but no matter how much I try I simply can not think like a liberal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

True statement I think the chart on that is lost somewhere on the net
    To be fair, those countries don't have the problems with street gangs, Mexican drug cartels or illegal immigrants with a criminal past that we do either.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Again, NO! I've explained this several times. You refuse to leave this numbers game.

actually numbers are one of the few innate things us humans have, so numbers do matter.
    I had a crappy pizza a couple of times, I guess all pizza must suck.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

actually numbers are one of the few innate things us humans have, so numbers do matter.
    I had a crappy pizza a couple of times, I guess all pizza must suck.

Read the article in the thread I recently posted. Put the numbers game (and it is a game you're playing) and actually read the article.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Pizza has been getting worse and worse lately. It's likely just the individual pizzas though, and not an obvious pattern.

You didn't reqd the article I posted. You've shown not to read many other things. I guess it's just those individual posts, threads and articles, not that you don't read before responding.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've had a few experiences with the police.

#1. I got a ticket for "trespassing" as they put it, because my girlfriend and I were making out in the car in a secluded area. We weren't going to do anything (honestly) so I thought it was an overreaction. If we had just been sitting there politely, would we have gotten a ticket? If people make out in broad daylight in front of others, do they get a ticket? I think at the time, we were both too afraid to fight it.

#2. My friends and I were walking at about midnight and we cut through a park. We ended up getting jumped by about 12 people, I got stabbed in the head and the neck a couple times, had my nose broken, and 2 of my friends received concussions, black eye, etc. One of my friends was able to get away from the group and call the cops (which was the best idea, as there's no way we could beat a group that out-numbered us 3 to 1 and had weapons). The police arrived very quickly and the sirens scared the attackers away. They quickly called for an ambulance for me when they saw the damage. So I very much appreciated their work and feel like it likely saved me from dying, as I had lost a substantial amount of blood. My only issue with how it was handled is that nobody chose to investigate further, and we were told a number of times that they thought it was either us who instigated, or a drug deal gone wrong, despite having no evidence to support either claim. No surprise then, when 2 weeks later in the same area, a large group of people attacked a guy, and when his neighbour came to help him out, they beat him with a shovel until he had brain damage.

#3. About a month ago, I saw my neighbour across the street acting rather aggressively to a woman who had been at his house, and at one point it looked as if he was forcibly not letting her leave. I called the police and they arrived within 5-10 minutes, checked everything out, talked to the guy, went in the house, etc.

All in all, I think the majority of cops are good. I also think they put up with a lot of crap, which probably affects how they deal with some situations. Often people will claim they hate cops, with no reasonable justification. Other times people will claim they use excessive force, but if something bad happens on their watch it is supposedly because they did a poor job. So it really creates a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry you had such a horrible experience getting jumped. Your ending statement is well put and thank you for a honest outlook.

#1. I got a ticket for "trespassing" as they put it, because my girlfriend and I were making out in the car in a secluded area. We weren't going to do anything (honestly) so I thought it was an overreaction. If we had just been sitting there politely, would we have gotten a ticket? If people make out in broad daylight in front of others, do they get a ticket? I think at the time, we were both too afraid to fight it.

#2. My friends and I were walking at about midnight and we cut through a park. We ended up getting jumped by about 12 people, I got stabbed in the head and the neck a couple times, had my nose broken, and 2 of my friends received concussions, black eye, etc. One of my friends was able to get away from the group and call the cops (which was the best idea, as there's no way we could beat a group that out-numbered us 3 to 1 and had weapons). The police arrived very quickly and the sirens scared the attackers away. They quickly called for an ambulance for me when they saw the damage. So I very much appreciated their work and feel like it likely saved me from dying, as I had lost a substantial amount of blood. My only issue with how it was handled is that nobody chose to investigate further, and we were told a number of times that they thought it was either us who instigated, or a drug deal gone wrong, despite having no evidence to support either claim. No surprise then, when 2 weeks later in the same area, a large group of people attacked a guy, and when his neighbour came to help him out, they beat him with a shovel until he had brain damage.

#3. About a month ago, I saw my neighbour across the street acting rather aggressively to a woman who had been at his house, and at one point it looked as if he was forcibly not letting her leave. I called the police and they arrived within 5-10 minutes, checked everything out, talked to the guy, went in the house, etc.

All in all, I think the majority of cops are good. I also think they put up with a lot of crap, which probably affects how they deal with some situations. Often people will claim they hate cops, with no reasonable justification. Other times people will claim they use excessive force, but if something bad happens on their watch it is supposedly because they did a poor job. So it really creates a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

To the end statement, it isn't about how many are good or bad. Too many people are stuck on that. The fact is it's a pattern, no matter how you dress it up.

Now, I know what's coming and no I don't hate cops, or think all cops are bad, or whatever else the apologists will have you believe. The truth is I think there are lazy, careless people at the top in law enforcement. I think many of those people are stuck in the theory of "fearful=law abiding" which is garbage. It's the same mentally that continues to utilize mandatory minimum sentencing despite the ever growing evidence that it does nothing. That doesn't even bother me that much, most of those guys are doing their jobs. Poorly, but doing it.

What bothers me is the sympathisers. Those who always side with law enforcement except when it's absolutely unthinkable. The people who will defend everything a cop does and says until he's charged himself. Then they turn on that cop. That right there should tell you what these people really stand for.

Ask yourself; If someone is always defending cops until the second they're charged, at which point they turn and vilify the cop, does that person stand for anything other than defense of a uniform?

So many people look at cops and love them or hate them. I think both are stupid. Hating a cop you don't know is prejudicial. Loving a cop you don't know is downright dangerous. These people are afraid of the government coming into their homes and blowing them away, but when it actually happens, like a sleeping baby gets killed by police in a raid, suddenly it's not such a big deal for the government to come in guns and grenades blazing.

Haters should not be listened to. Neither should sympathisers. Both have an ulterior motive, and a thoughtless one at that. The only read difference is that one of those groups stand by what they believe, while the other group turns on those they love if others they love tell them to.

I wonder if you can tell me which is which.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also well said
    To the end statement, it isn't about how many are good or bad. Too many people are stuck on that. The fact is it's a pattern, no matter how you dress it up.

Now, I know what's coming and no I don't hate cops, or think all cops are bad, or whatever else the apologists will have you believe. The truth is I think there are lazy, careless people at the top in law enforcement. I think many of those people are stuck in the theory of "fearful=law abiding" which is garbage. It's the same mentally that continues to utilize mandatory minimum sentencing despite the ever growing evidence that it does nothing. That doesn't even bother me that much, most of those guys are doing their jobs. Poorly, but doing it.

What bothers me is the sympathisers. Those who always side with law enforcement except when it's absolutely unthinkable. The people who will defend everything a cop does and says until he's charged himself. Then they turn on that cop. That right there should tell you what these people really stand for.

Ask yourself; If someone is always defending cops until the second they're charged, at which point they turn and vilify the cop, does that person stand for anything other than defense of a uniform?

So many people look at cops and love them or hate them. I think both are stupid. Hating a cop you don't know is prejudicial. Loving a cop you don't know is downright dangerous. These people are afraid of the government coming into their homes and blowing them away, but when it actually happens, like a sleeping baby gets killed by police in a raid, suddenly it's not such a big deal for the government to come in guns and grenades blazing.

Haters should not be listened to. Neither should sympathisers. Both have an ulterior motive, and a thoughtless one at that. The only read difference is that one of those groups stand by what they believe, while the other group turns on those they love if others they love tell them to.

I wonder if you can tell me which is which.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess if people were more honest and did just not focus on the bad there would be no conclusions drawn. But only a few opinions were expressed here. A few of the other threads had much more participation when it was just "bash a cop" time. This was a perfect thread to explain feelings and experiences. I am thinking many of the bad experiences are read not experienced. But yes there is laziness at the top that needs to be dealt with. And 1 bad cop is too much but the shame is there is bad in all walks and that stinks.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast