Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I don't need proof of anything. I just wanted a discussion just like you do. This is a topic I have interest and knowledge in. You like American politics I like law.
    What exactly is this proving to you?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1. I spent a big chunk of my teenage years being uniformly harassed by a city cop. He had it in for me from the age of 13 on. I did nothing to deserve it and firmly believe it was because of who some of my relatives are. When I was 18 he intentionally damaged a taillight on my car to have an excuse to pull me over (another cop told me about it later).

2.Rarely. The only significant instance was when a family friend was staying at our house. I won't go into details because they are private, but he did some things that put his life in danger if he wasn't removed from my home, so I called a sheriff to remove him.

3. Other than minor traffic issues that they just gave me a warning and let me go, not really.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't need proof of anything. I just wanted a discussion just like you do. This is a topic I have interest and knowledge in. You like American politics I like law.

I didn't say you need anything. You just seem to be taking a lot of glee in the results of this...whatever this is. I'm curious why it's making you so happy.

I have a law question. What does the law say about quoting people? Should you give them their due credit, or hide the source for your own political reasons?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is that an accusation or a question? Funny thing is I think you have the intelligence level to answer that question. And now the real truth has come out all though you will back peddle and say I am picking on you or that this was on topic question.
    I didn't say you need anything. You just seem to be taking a lot of glee in the results of this...whatever this is. I'm curious why it's making you so happy.

I have a law question. What does the law say about quoting people? Should you give them their due credit, or hide the source for your own political reasons?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's a question as indicated by the question mark.

You're right, I do have the intelligence level to answer a question. Thank you for the compliment.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your welcome and question answered
    It's a question as indicated by the question mark.

You're right, I do have the intelligence level to answer a question. Thank you for the compliment.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Your welcome and question answered

Where?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Mostly I've only had traffic stop interactions with the police. In most cases I was speeding. Once they pulled me over on new years eve because my license plate light was out. He ran my license and let us go. fortunately he didn't see the alcohol I had lying in the floor board as I was under age.

My other experience was very odd and pretty funny. I was working a temp job and just got back from lunch with a friend and my boss comes up and says the police are out front. I thought he was joking but he wasn't. I went out and they got called by a person who saw my friend giving me some beanie babies (LOL) for a sale I was doing that weekend. This was during the height of the craze and apparently a hallmark store had been robbed for it's beanies and they were investigating. My friend had some sort of warrant and they pulled him over at a gas station. That's how they found me. I had boxes of beanie babies in my truck and we sat out in the parking lot as I let them look. Had my rights read to me and some detectives came by. It was pretty crazy but I had nothing to hide so I talked to them. After a while they left and told me they would be in touch if they needed anything more. Never heard back from them whatsoever. The funniest thing was that the detective wrote down the UPC codes on some of the pieces to compare to the one's stolen... I told him that those were product codes and that they were all be the same if they were from the same production run. All in all It wasn't that negative of an encounter since they actually investigated rather than assuming. I still have no idea who or why someone would have called the police as what he handed me was one small plastic bag. It's totally awesome that this all involved beanie babies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

#1 left a friend's house early morning driving a 68 chevelle so of coarse im out of gas,pulled in to nearest gas station and it was closed so i pulled out a boom lights in the mirror,no problem im legal,dont drink,look im my side mirror,the dude is sliding up the side of my car gun drawn,back up arrives,guns drawn,hands on wheel do not sneeze or im dead,he said because i was going down a straight road,pulled in to a closed gas station then reentered that straight road he thought i was trying to evaded him,i expressed my displeasure about having live firearms pointed at me and got on my merry way

#2 no,im rural,physically able and theres plenty of woodsheds around to take care of business

#3 state cop pulls up,freinds go in to full stash mode,i go out,we walk to shop,i come back in "thats just ##### his ol' lady broke my bong and he was just replacing it" its Oregon we both have cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

now to the point,again
    its a sports site so lets try this

i dont hate the players,i hate the game
    its not a case of good cop vs bad cop,its a case of the basic operating practices of law enforcement
    examples

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/10/23...osa-california
    are these "bad"cops? id say no they where doing what they where trained to do,which resulted in a 13 year old death

are these "bad"cops? id say no they where doing what they where trained to do,which resulted in killing a guy with a water hose

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...93542367773074
    was this a "bad"cops? id say no he was doing what he was trained to do,which resulted in the killing of a college girl

they are trained to aggressively protect themselves and i disagree

stop killing people,pretty basic request i believe,just stop killing people
    Last edited by gsj68; 09-02-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast