Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The ignorance of some of the things you guys say can really be astounding at times.

The subject of sticker autos has come up before in discussions about the product and as Chris noted above and at the time, these are considered bonus hits and not one of your regular 8 cards as advertised on the box. It's not like other products that have been made that have incorporated "bonus" autos from previous year's releases that actually do count as one of your box-average hits.

Everybody who has been remotely paying attention for the past several months knows that this is Panini's farewell product to the hockey market. There is nothing left after this. What do you people expect them to do with all the Selanne and other marquee player autographs that they've secured and paid good money for? Just let them sit in a warehouse, unused? Then I'm sure some of you would find ways to complain about that. Same goes for the notion of buying rookie game-worn jerseys--as we know from FrozenInferno's research about the jersey used in Prime, a game-used Nathan MacKinnon rookie jersey costs over $4,000 to acquire. You think that the budget is there to buy a dozen top-end player's jerseys for use in only one or two products? What do Panini do with the rest of their investment? Try to be serious.

It's amazingly galling the lack of thought that gets put into some posts. Using words like "inexcusable" "worthless" and so forth is so vastly out of line that it's not even funny. It's one thing to have an opinion, but when it is so obviously uninformed and spewed only for the sake of being negative because it doesn't meet your lofty standards, maybe sometimes it's best to just say nothing.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankie5s's Items on eBay

Wow. I don't come here often and this thread reminded me why. I'll leave now...

SCF Rewards
    Country

i stuck to case breaks got the islanders in 3 cases worth of this hopefully i get some solid stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

While I don't appreciate a solid white JUMBO swatch, I really must poo poo the use of stickers in a high end product.
    The Selanne fell short only because of the sticker.
    Is it just me, or does this remind others of, wait, what's it called?
    Oh yeah, DOMINION!

SCF Rewards
    Country

The ignorance of some of the things you guys say can really be astounding at times.

The subject of sticker autos has come up before in discussions about the product and as Chris noted above and at the time, these are considered bonus hits and not one of your regular 8 cards as advertised on the box. It's not like other products that have been made that have incorporated "bonus" autos from previous year's releases that actually do count as one of your box-average hits.

Everybody who has been remotely paying attention for the past several months knows that this is Panini's farewell product to the hockey market. There is nothing left after this. What do you people expect them to do with all the Selanne and other marquee player autographs that they've secured and paid good money for? Just let them sit in a warehouse, unused? Then I'm sure some of you would find ways to complain about that. Same goes for the notion of buying rookie game-worn jerseys--as we know from FrozenInferno's research about the jersey used in Prime, a game-used Nathan MacKinnon rookie jersey costs over $4,000 to acquire. You think that the budget is there to buy a dozen top-end player's jerseys for use in only one or two products? What do Panini do with the rest of their investment? Try to be serious.

It's amazingly galling the lack of thought that gets put into some posts. Using words like "inexcusable" "worthless" and so forth is so vastly out of line that it's not even funny. It's one thing to have an opinion, but when it is so obviously uninformed and spewed only for the sake of being negative because it doesn't meet your lofty standards, maybe sometimes it's best to just say nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

On second thought, that Crosby card should probably fetch $150-250. So there is some really good value there. Props to Panini for posting two of lower end boxes. If there was a Mackinon RAP in there, everyone would flip out that 1% of the mackinnon's were off market.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankie5s's Items on eBay

While I don't appreciate a solid white JUMBO swatch, I really must poo poo the use of stickers in a high end product.
    The Selanne fell short only because of the sticker.
    Is it just me, or does this remind others of, wait, what's it called?
    Oh yeah, DOMINION!

Do you even know how to READ????

BANNED

Country

To follow up Vegas's post, anyone who doesn't want their Selanne sticker autos please PM me and I will happily take them off your hands.

To follow up RGM81's post - to the members who have cried and moaned in here if you were so up to speed with the pulse of the hobby I would think you would have known that the sticker autos were BONUS hits. It shocks me that intelligent collectors like yourselves would have missed that.

So many ignorant statements in this thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

I respect everyone's opinion. Even those that call out the "ignorant" people.
    I understand that they have to use up their inventory of stickers as this is the last product.
    When I first watched case breaks of contenders, I thought, yeah, no big deal, the RC's are on card, I'm happy with that. Whoa, looks like there's an 8 way auto in every box, that's ok, because they have to use up their inventory. I totally understood. My $400 is gonna go to The Cup, not a sticker in sight. Contenders is already saturated with autographs, you're telling me you couldn't use it all up with that product?
    Everyone has their opinion about sticker autos, I respect the people that like them as much as those like me who dislike them. Please respect your fellow collectors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

I'm not going to try and pick at the scab here, but calling them 'bonus' hits is marketing speak. They are pretty clearly marked as being from 'National Treasures' on the cards and if every pack has a 'bonus', then isn't it just part of what you are getting... I have no problem with Panini using them to burn inventory, but let's call a spade a spade. Additionally, a guy dropping $400 on a pack, shouldn't need a 'bonus' to drive a product's value... [I do agree that criticism could be done more tactfully in some cases]

In my opinion, the cards do look beautiful and a couple of the sub-sets are really appealing. Do they justify the price tag? Not for me. Too much of a nice thing really dilutes it. Panini's preview really solidifies that for me. My personal opinion is that sticker autos and white swatches do not belong in $400/pack products - even as bonuses. I'm not saying they don't have value, I just don't care to be the guy ripping them for that price point. I'm certainly interested in seeing some of the Wings cards that get pulled and, if they are something that catches my eye, I may pick up some.

As for what Panini could have done... I've heard the 'excuse' before that white swatches 'have' to be used sometimes and I understand that. All manufacturers should try a little harder to create unique, low-numbered cards. I have a Dominion Brodeur auto patch /25 which is all white. Couldn't have been used in Certified (at the time)? There were nicer swatches on higher-numbered cards (or similar) in other lower-end products is my point. I know they 'needed' to use the swatch, but shouldn't discretion be used on where? I think that businesses do make those decisions knowing the fallout, though, which means, to me, that it should be alright for someone to be critical when they see a large plain white swatch in an uber-high-end product.

Good luck to those that are breaking. I can't wait to see some of the full case breaks this weekend...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast