Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

very great looking designs, cant complain and not hitting rookies either, a nice yakupov booklet and a hertl 1/1 (plate) in the first box. That Crosby in the second box is a beauty, as well as the Bournival, and a Sittler plate wont sit in your trader/sale list long.

Downside, I know Panini is out, and they need to move their inventory, just sucks to see sticker autos in a HIGH end product. That Selanne is magnificent, and is even with a sticker, but that hard signed would have been that much more amazing!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You want to talk about worthless?

What is with the Hertl jersey card with a BLUE jersey?

The Sharks do not use BLUE in ANY of their jerseys! What did they do? Buy Biron's jersey from his 4-goal game and use that? Even if someone came up with that idea, it's a STUPID idea? It is obviously NOT a Hertl jersey.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (8)
    Country
    See billindallas75's Items on eBay

The Sharks do not use BLUE in ANY of their jerseys! What did they do? Buy Biron's jersey from his 4-goal game and use that? Even if someone came up with that idea, it's a STUPID idea? It is obviously NOT a Hertl jersey.

Rookie showcase day perhaps? Seems to match up.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/the-2013-n...showcase-day-2

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Rookie showcase jersey fits.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well, then they shouldn't use a picture of him in a Sharks uni. They should use a pic from the Rookie Showcase. They have a limited card with a pic of a Sharks uni and a date on the card, but the jersey matches nothing else. Just because it is remotely connected to him doesn't make it right. What's next? A rookie card with a piece of a t-shirt the guy "supposedly" wore in high school? If you are going to include a Memorabilia piece, the piece should in some way be connected to the pics or information you show on the card!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yep that's totally a reasonable and rational expectation of where we're going.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (321)
    Country

It's a Showcase jersey....we used up all the Sharks swatches in his ARP and other patch cards. The jersey and prime are his Sharks jersey. Since it's a parallel we couldn't make a new card just for the patch. It was either use the Showcase inventory or not have a Hertl patch at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Ppl that spend thousands aren't "entitled" to anything , don't like what your thousands are getting you , stop spending so much .. it is a hobby after all

My point is that those who purchase a product are certainly entitled to voice their opinion on the product, good or bad. They are the consumers and without them, manufacturers will have no one to whom they can sell. When collectors LEAVE the hobby, it hurts us all. Simply stating "stop spending" doesn't address the problems.

Let me answer that with a simple question:

Do you get mad at the lottery commission when your ticket doesn't win?

This is not helpful - try to avoid the (poor) analogies and actually explain to me what feelings of entitlement you are seeing that you think are invalid. That general statement annoys me because we hear it all the time but no one has bothered to specify what they are railing against. Entitled? Damn straight I am entitled to certain things, voicing my opinion being one of them, for you to agree with or not as you see fit (something you are ENTITLED to do as a fellow collector). What I am NOT entitled to is expectation of certain players on a checklist, control of print runs or insert ratios, whether or not a manufacturer uses event-worn or game-worn memorabilia, but I am certainly entitled to voice my displeasure if the decisions made regarding those topics aren't to my liking. In fact, manufacturers in almost all industries WANT this feedback so that they can offer products people will buy. I am baffled as to why this is seen as a bad thing when it comes to collectibles.

The people who spend thousands on cards get more hits and better chances at the big hits than the average collector who can't afford to bust boxes. That's what they're "entitled" to, and that's what their extra money gets them. Just don't expect those hits to guarantee you profit every time just because you feel your money is more important than everyone else's.

Four collectors who each buy a box of NT from a case are just as important as the guy who buys the case himself. The difference is the guy buying the case will get the case hit while the guys buying individual boxes are taking the 1-in-4 chance of getting it.

Inferno, we are obviously talking about different things, here - at no time have I ever asserted that those who spend more have any greater right to their opinion than those who spend less. The bigger buyers (and/or retailers) may de facto exercise more influence, but that in no way should devalue the opinion of those who spend or sell much, much less.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is not helpful - try to avoid the (poor) analogies and actually explain to me what feelings of entitlement you are seeing that you think are invalid. That general statement annoys me because we hear it all the time but no one has bothered to specify what they are railing against. Entitled? Damn straight I am entitled to certain things, voicing my opinion being one of them, for you to agree with or not as you see fit (something you are ENTITLED to do as a fellow collector). What I am NOT entitled to is expectation of certain players on a checklist, control of print runs or insert ratios, whether or not a manufacturer uses event-worn or game-worn memorabilia, but I am certainly entitled to voice my displeasure if the decisions made regarding those topics aren't to my liking. In fact, manufacturers in almost all industries WANT this feedback so that they can offer products people will buy. I am baffled as to why this is seen as a bad thing when it comes to collectibles.

Ok then. Following your lead, please explain why my analogy is poor? Spending $400+ on a box of hockey cards when you are unsure of what you are getting in return is indeed a GAMBLE, is it not? Much in the way buying lottery tickets is a GAMBLE, is it not? Please tell me this does not need to be explained further, and also, if you're going to complain about people not backing up their thoughts with words, perhaps do the same? You chose to just put the word poor in brackets and didn't explain why.

You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, though I would not say people are entitled to voice their displeasure in a manner befitting a five year old. Constructive criticism is helpful; making invalid claims and saying the product is worthless/garbage/insert uninformed opinion here, however, is not useful in the least.

At least make it consistent among the brands. People are upset about a white JERSEY swatch being used in a high-end release, and yet, I don't recall the furor over these beautiful PATCH cards:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-Paul-...item20eb0770bb

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-The-C...item58b45f981e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2010-11-Upper...item2c8997b850

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2005-06-Ud-Th...item259393829e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/08-09-The-Cup...item5404eef1ab

Now, I'm sure someone will argue that I cherry-picked some ebay auctions to find white patches. Of course I did. Perhaps that will give you some perspective as to how absurd it is to point out a single card from a single box break as an example of why a product is worthless.

Sticker autos being an issue in a high-end product? Sure, that's a valid complaint. Oh, wait wait wait! These cards otherwise wouldn't have existed, if not for the sole purpose of loading up the product for you, the collector? Oh Panini, why do I even bother to collect cards? At every turn you intentionally screw me over.

And if anyone is having a panic attack because they spent more on a case of cards than they do for their mortgage, and that is going to cause an issue because you can't recoup your money.... Well then guess what? You need to get your priorities in order.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast