Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Teaser - Panini Opens up Two Boxes of National Treasures

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ey/#more-87570

If 2013-14 National Treasures Hockey truly is the final Panini America NHL trading card product you’ll ever see, I have but one thing to say: What a way to go. Following a steady, anticipation-building week of live Tweets from the Panini America production facility, we finally got a look at some of the first finished boxes of the product earlier this afternoon. We grabbed two at random for the express purpose of providing the following Teaser Gallery.
    Based on the results of these two early boxes, 2013-14 National Treasures Hockey is not as good as the packout pics have shown. It’s better. Despite boxes that promise eight NHL trading cards, each of the two boxes we opened delivered 11. Of those 22 total cards, we uncovered two base cards, eight autographs, two autograph booklets, five memorabilia cards, four Printing Plate 1/1s and one Buried Treasure card.

------------------------------

Click the link at the top to take it all in. Wowzas.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duckman411's Items on eBay

I don't think I would have publicly shown the first break. Why would you ever waste the time on making a fine booklet card with a solid plain white jersey? (Yakupov) (Subban) solid white, Worthless! If it wasn't for the Crosby to the rescue, both boxes combined would barley pull the near $400 box value. It will be my luck, that this is how my 2 cases will look =)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

For $450 a box where I live, those were terrible breaks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duckman411's Items on eBay

For $450 a box where I live, those were terrible breaks.

Ouch! that makes it even worse.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't think I would have publicly shown the first break. Why would you ever waste the time on making a fine booklet card with a solid plain white jersey? (Yakupov) (Subban) solid white, Worthless! If it wasn't for the Crosby to the rescue, both boxes combined would barley pull the near $400 box value. It will be my luck, that this is how my 2 cases will look =)

That's like saying if Carey Price didn't make a whole bunch of saves in the third period of the Gold Medal Game at the Olympics he wouldn't have had a shutout. He did, so he did. It's part of the box so it counts towards the value.

While one can discuss the aesthetic merit in having solid swatches in a super-premium product, the idea that they're "worthless" is something that has been shown to be factually incorrect many times over. Premium players will always command a premium value - that's why you get $20 for a Stamkos Cup Foundations quad jersey even though it's all white. It's not "just another jersey" like you see in lower-end products.

Hopefully we'll see some serious firepower coming out of the live breaks from collectors very, very soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Crosby does not save the boxes. Just another insert.

Selanne card had lots of potential still cool since jets..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I like the older press-plates.... some PC love coming my way perhaps? I will admit that I can not wait until someone else pays $450 for a pack and sells me the Darcy Kuemper press plate for $8.

Beautiful product though. Sad to see Panini go.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I see about $350-425 in sale value between those two boxes.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just like Engravatures is "just another insert" eh? You know, that set where even Tomas Kaberle is a $50 card.

The negativity from some quarters around here lately is wearing very, very thin.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I try to avoid the negative threads and see the positive , the stuff is not worthless , but i think my biggest problem is that selanne arguably the nicest card features a sticker auto in a high end product ..on the positive side of things , I think the base cards a very elegant and really like the Sakic

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast