Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

SCAN HEAVY 10-11 Upper Deck Series 2, 20th Anniversary Retro Set Complete, SPs&Autos!

In 2010 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Upper Deck Hockey, UD released a parallel set of Upper Deck Series 1 using the design of 1990-1991 Upper Deck Hockey. It took me less than two months to complete the series 1 parallels including all Young Guns and the Martin Brodeur Missing Link.
    I posted the results on New Year's Eve December 31, 2010 3 weeks before the release of Series 2 and my desire to complete the entire retro set including all Young Guns, both Missing Links, and all Short Prints was never stronger and more my confidence was high that I would have the set finished by the playoffs in 2011...

I never thought I would be able to locate or even possibly afford the two Retro Anniversary Autos for Sidney Crosby and Bobby Orr, but had a hope i might eventually track down one of them.

Anyways Series 1 is displayed here in the thread from 2010
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/1287692-End-of-the-Year-Show-and-Tell-Part-1
    And now here in this thread I can finally put this set to bed as it is finished, completed and whole from the base, the Young Guns, the SPs, including two cards for each of my PC Players Dan Cleary, Michael Ryder, Ryane Clowe, Luke Schenn, Jonas Gustavsson and two each for the Young Gun retro and Programme of Excellence Retro for Luke Adam. On top of that I accomplished both of the Missing Links for Brodeur and Lindros, and Both limited Retro Anniversary Autos /90 for Crosby and Orr; The two cards I though I would never find.

I would like to give a big thatnk you to the people who helped me finish this set as I completed the set almost wholly by trade with few purchases. As well, a BIG thanks goes out to Sean our very own SCF Hockey Advisor 30ranfordfan for giving up the last card I needed Tony Esposito, from his very own set he is trying to finish.

Anyways here is part 2 on the Upper Deck Hockey 20th Anniversary Retro set (minus the base this time)

Series 2 Young Guns

Series 2 Retired Stars

(The Tony O That finished the set, Thanks again Sean)

Series 2 Award Winners

Series 2 All-Rookie Team

Series 2 Canadian World Juniors

Both Missing Links Martin Brodeur Card 551 from Series 1, and Eric Lindros Card 552 from Series 2

Series 1 Limited Auto out of 90 20A-SC Sidney Crosby

Series 2 Limited Auto out of 90 20A-BO Bobby Orr

Last but not least as it came out and I figured I would throw it in for good measure

Series 2 Card #535 Buyback Auto John Tavares /24 from 13-14 Upper Deck

Thanks for taking a look I know it is scan heavy but I hope someone enjoys checking this out. It is really nice to know I have the set finished and completed. I am still looking for the other John Tavares (Series 1 Retro Card #77) Buyback auto /10 to make it truly complete, but like the one /24 it is not really part of the set, just a nice add on.

Last edited by mikecole141; 08-28-2014 at 09:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When Upper Deck had the promotion for completing the series 1 set I was the second one to complete it and ended up getting a signed helmet from that years rookie class. I'm going to have to try and complete the series 2 set and track down those auto's in the future! Nice looking set and congrats on finishing it up!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Mike,

Beauty set. As soon as this thing came out, i knew i wanted to build it myself.... But man, that series 2 is tough. Congrats on competing it, and i was more than happy to help with it once i read that I was holding the last one you needed.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (273)
    Country

Now that is an amazing collection. There are many of those cards you do not see floating around. Congrats and thanks for posting.