Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I never get insulted by offers but I will block buyers that make multiple ridiculous offers. If someone offers me less then cost to ship I don't want them as a buyer. There is a member that posts here that was hitting me with multiple, low ball offers everytime I put up cards so I blocked him, better for both of us.

Offering less than the cost of shipping is insulting, that much I'll agree to (unless the seller severely overcharges for shipping).

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I've only ever had two BIN / OBO's on eBay for a couple of ITG Used cards. One went for 60% of my asking price and the other never even got a sniff. So I've really never had the chance to be insulted haha.

There is one guy on another board tho........he won't stop pestering me about a certain card set that I decided to break up and sell the jerseys but keep the autos. He offered me a whopping $20 for a couple of the jersey cards (delivered, no less, to a different continent) which I knew were "worth" more, which I wound up selling on the eBay for $27 and $28 respectively.

Not a OMG example by any means, but still.............. I pay for what I want, man up ya clown!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I offer free shipping, so it was pretty ignorant to offer 4 bucks on a card that sells for 15, that needs to go to the US, in a toploader, team bag and bubble mailer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

I had a $200 card someone offered me $10 for. That insulted me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

In my opinion, there's no such thing as an 'insulting' offer, but I separate emotion from 'business' better than some people.

Offers fall into two types: acceptable or unacceptable. An offer is acceptable if it meets the sellers needs. Somewhat obviously, an unacceptable offer does not meet the sellers needs.

Price is a function of supply and demand, remember. Value is much more subjective. I may value a card at price A and that may be less (or much less) than the selling price B. My offer of A isn't offensive, it's low, but it represents what that card means to me. I've told buyers - Thanks for the offer, but I guess I want this card more than you do. [Or to sellers: Thanks for the counter-offer, but I guess you want the card more than I do.]

[Note: This doesn't mean I support wasting people's time offering them $1 for a $500 card. I don't make offers on cards I don't want and I'm clear when I'm selling whether or not I'll entertain a 'bulk' buyer's offer.]

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Anybody that doesn't like to be "insulted" on ebay , there is an option to automatically decline an amount you deem "insulting"

But I also use that feature when i have a large amount of items listed , so i respond to serious offers quicker , not cause i am insulted

pretty much this. If you get by the "first gate", im not going to be "insulted" with any offers after that. Not that i would of with any others previously really but i set the auto decline to save me and you time.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

In my opinion, there's no such thing as an 'insulting' offer, but I separate emotion from 'business' better than some people.

Exactly! If someone truly gets "insulted" because someone they never met makes a ridiculous offer, they just need to grow some thicker skin or get off the internet. If someone makes a low offer, send a counteroffer. If someone sends an offer you deem unacceptable, ignore it. If you get insulted, turn off your computer, grab a beer, and chill out. You take unimportant matters too seriously, and if you don't change, you'll die from high blood pressure.

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

If someone lowballs me, I just send them an offer 1 cent less of my asking price and say THANKS!

I get a little laugh out of it, and move on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

If someone lowballs me, I just send them an offer 1 cent less of my asking price and say THANKS!

I get a little laugh out of it, and move on.

Same, I actually tried sending a counter higher than my original asking price but eBay doesn't allow that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (18)
    Country
    See USARMYBRAVO23's Items on eBay

my opinion on the topic is that when submitting an offer ,the buyer should be within a reasonable range of the market value established by other sales of that particular card. ex: if a card sells for $60 all day everyday, then if you offer me anything less than $50 it is an insult ( i will just decline the offer).OR sometimes the card is limited or a 1/1 then it has to be up the the seller and buyer to come the a price where both are happy. keep in mind that almost everyone out there on ebay or most other trading sites will do some research prior to buying a card. and they want to see what the going rate is. and of course everybody wants to buy a card for lower than the last one did, but everytime you make an offer and that particular card now was bought for less, then the next one goes for less, and so forth until a card that was doing $60 is now doing $22, it only crushes the card industry. so by always trying to get that card for much less, than it should be valued at, it just destroys that card and when it happens to every card out there, it crushes this hobby.(you tell your card buddies "hey i just got a great deal on a $60 card for $40 bucks" but guess what, now that card is worth $40 bucks cause the next person who buys one wants to pay that rate or lower) the only way a card will ever hold its value is if people continue to pay the going rate , or after the card has dropped so far ,then that player gets hot and it goes back up. i agree that people should respond to offers, but when you have a $60 card (all day everyday sales), out there and someone offers $25 , sometimes that person does not deserve a response at all because they were totally unreasonable. this is why sellers put huge unreasonable buy it nows on cards because then the buyers know the seller is not gonna accept a low ball offer. as always there are exeptions to everthing, but generally this is how it goes out there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast