Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Florida continues to be a joke!

Article: http://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/i...and-for-prayer

I've been ashamed to call myself a Florida native in the past, but this REALLY angered me....because the guy in the video could've easily been me, and what they did to him is so unconstitutional, so wrong, and so degrading it really did tick me off.

I'm actually surprised the cop that showed up didn't shoot him right there and then....hey this is Florida, that EASILY could've happened.

Congrats Florida, you are solidly #1 as the biggest embarrassment in the country.

Oh and to my conservative friends, I DARE you to defend these people!

Let's see your true colors when you defend a group of people that think it's ok to FORCE others to do something they don't want to do and when they don't get their way, they cry and exclude the person by using authoritarian power.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 08-29-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No argument from me. Florida is insane.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No argument from me. Florida is insane.

I knew that we DID agree on some things...

And you know, whatever I might personally believe in regards to religion is actually irrelevant to this particular story.

This guy's rights were violated to a ridiculous level and yeah I know some people might think that's a stretch.

But when a government section of the state is literally KICKING YOU OUT because you hold different views on religion and nationalism and didn't want to stand up for something you DON'T have to stand up for.....this is when real advocates of freedom of speech should speak up.

And I'm thankful that the FFRF has already sent a scathing letter to the Mayor of this Florida city and has told him that an apology to this man is in order.

And yeah, expect other people to now do the same thing this guy did as an act of solidarity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

I probably just didn't catch the information: but, what level of government was this meeting for?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I'm actually surprised the cop that showed up didn't shoot him right there and then....hey this is Florida, that EASILY could've happened.

can you specify a time that did happen?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

can you specify a time that did happen?

I'm not going to say that exact scenario has played out before. Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. However, if it did happen in Florida, it wouldn't shock me one bit. Georgia and Mississippi too...maybe Arizona.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There is no excuse for making him leave. I usually stand for prayer, but I do not close my eyes or bow my head. That is a person's right.

As for this comment..
    Let's see your true colors when you defend a group of people that think it's ok to FORCE others to do something they don't want to do and when they don't get their

Newsflash. We live in a society where someone is constantly trying to force someone else to do what they want. I work in a school where students are forced to eat undesirable food because of Michelle Obama's "healthy" food initiative. This FFR group you have referenced is constantly trying to force people to stop publicly expressing their religious views. Certain conservative groups are trying to force homosexuals to remain in the closet. No matter who you are, someone is trying to force you to do what they want. Welcome to reality.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So your argument is that it's okay BECAUSE it happens? We should just accept it because someone else is going through the same garbage?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I'm not going to say that exact scenario has played out before. Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. However, if it did happen in Florida, it wouldn't shock me one bit. Georgia and Mississippi too...maybe Arizona.

not sure how to address that fallacy, but saying it wouldn't shock you makes it personal, so I can't say a personal feeling someone else may have is wrong.

So the police were called, they showed up, did the job they get paid to do, and now have been badmouthed for no other reason than for someone coming up with a situation that never has happened and did not happen.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Another "Hey look at me, Atheist and hate America protest"

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast