Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

Can someone explain this tag card to me please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-Nati...item20eba9d0c1

Pavel bure, from Russia, in a rangers jersey, with a canada tag. All I can think of is the jersey was made in canada but that seems kinda silly to me...it would make more sense if it was a Canucks uniform but not rangers. This card lacks logic to me but it is nice to look at.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The jersey was made in canada. Its from the neck tag !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

All CCM jerseys are made in Canada.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's about the jersey, not the player. Generally the NHL doesn't ask guys coming in from Russia to make their own jersey before leaving their home country.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yappeer80's Items on eBay

It's about the jersey, not the player. Generally the NHL doesn't ask guys coming in from Russia to make their own jersey before leaving their home country.

haha good one
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-03-2014 at 02:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-National-Treasures-Pavel-Bure-Century-Materials-Tag-Patch-1-1-/141392728257?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 0eba9d0c1

Pavel bure, from Russia, in a rangers jersey, with a canada tag. All I can think of is the jersey was made in canada but that seems kinda silly to me...it would make more sense if it was a Canucks uniform but not rangers. This card lacks logic to me but it is nice to look at.

Yes, its really dumb. Who gives a damn where the jersey is made? They made one of Ovechkin the same way - with a Canadian emblem. Who cares that his jersey was made in Canada? Give me an emblem with a team or name patch any day. That actually means something. But today its ALL about "adding value" where none exists, simply by making it short-printed.

Pretty soon they are going to start doing things like cutting up mouth pieces for really short-printed "memorabilia" cards. And the one piece with blood on it will be a SP 1-of-1 and worth millions!
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, its really dumb. Who gives a damn where the jersey is made? They made one of Ovechkin the same way - with a Canadian emblem. Who cares that his jersey was made in Canada? Give me an emblem with a team or name patch any day. That actually means something. But today its ALL about "adding value" where none exists, simply by making it short-printed.

Pretty soon they are going to start doing things like cutting up mouth pieces for really short-printed "memorabilia" cards. And the one piece with blood on it will be a SP 1-of-1 and worth millions!

Haha, calling it dumb and following it up with this.

If I am getting a card featuring the tag of a GAME WORN jersey, then yes, I do give a damn that it's actually from said jersey. But you're right, why not introduce arbitrary Russian tags because Ovechkin's from there? Wouldn't that be a blatant example of trying to add value where none exists (as a Russian tag would likely be from a counterfeit jersey?)

And how is putting a tag in a card trying to add value where none exists? It's one of the rarest parts of the jersey....
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Couple of things....

I agree that it's put in because it's a rare part of the jersey.... yes it's a bit silly that a Russian player on an American team has a Canadian Flag piece, but that's where the jersey was made. This isn't a new idea either.... been made for years. I don't see the problem though.

Also, please try and avoid the use of "foul" language. If you've got to add an asterisk to the word, or a symbol instead of a letter...... so that it gets around the SCF swear filter.... just pick a different word.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And how is putting a tag in a card trying to add value where none exists? It's one of the rarest parts of the jersey....

That is like saying you cut up a game-used hockey stick into a thousand pieces, but you save the tape from the end and limit it to just five pieces. Sure the "tape" cards are more rare. But I would much rather have an actual part of the stick. Just because something is "rare" doesn't mean its valuable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast