Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

We'll there's no way anyone will have it for cheap in canada.

Would you buy NT for $1400 a case now?

My LCS will have Cup for $600+....that's inflated.

Dealer price is probably around $300 for it..

On release, at LCS's you should see it between 400-450 I'd assume.

Dealer price is never $300 for The Cup, never gets that low anywhere along the line.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (8)
    Country
    See billindallas75's Items on eBay

If it's already at $450 presale here in the States, I'd be shocked if you guys see it for any less than $500. If you can get it at $450, you better grab it quickly.

SCF Rewards
    Country

this is their major release each year, ofc they will raise the prise as always.. and those distributors are greedy too...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

On release, at LCS's you should see it between 400-450 I'd assume.

Dealer price is never $300 for The Cup, never gets that low anywhere along the line.

Dealer price used to be far lower than it is today... I'm talking 2-3 years ago. I'm unsure if it's UD or distributors, but we've seen the pre-order price for the Cup rise upwards to 30%. It's interesting to see wax price rise when the market is saturated and secondary prices on cards are going down. That likely isn't a sustainable business model.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Dealer price used to be far lower than it is today... I'm talking 2-3 years ago. I'm unsure if it's UD or distributors, but we've seen the pre-order price for the Cup rise upwards to 30%. It's interesting to see wax price rise when the market is saturated and secondary prices on cards are going down. That likely isn't a sustainable business model.

Fully agree, but dealer cost is still sub $400/tin CDN on wave 1 (pre-tax & shipping of course). I've never quite understood how, on the majority of UD products, after release (talking 6 months+ later) the price is always going up. Look at older cases of The Cup etc... great players in some of them, more proven etc but for the case-breaker/flipper/eBay guy there's no way to rip those cases today and recoup anywhere near as much $ as they would on release day. Nevermind the issue of expired redemptions that UD won't honour. I'd love to buy tons of cases of 10-11, as an Oilers fan and rip into it, but the thought of hitting a Hall ARP /99 Redemption makes me cry.

Now, that said, the hobby isn't only about ROI but as a Cup collector / Oilers guy, I rip as much as possible on Days 1-30 and sell what I don't want for my collection as early in as possible to recoup top dollar, after that my purchases tail off nearly completely unless I find a good deal somewhere.
    Last edited by rydlar99; 09-11-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123